Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #827
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
You're in luck. The flush they were doing in 9/18 was with the old fluid, and it was found to be ineffective. The TSB (18-NA-355 is) was updated after that to use a new and different fluid. So, have them follow the new revision and you should be all set.
That is very good news. Thank you for the information! Much appreciated. 👍🏻
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:11 PM   #828
KnightfallWayne_7

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Summer 2020 Vibes

Just picked up a used 2018 2SS automatic with 19k miles (got a great deal) but unfortunately didn't test drive the car long enough to feel the infamous shudder. Was driving it home on the highway when I felt it. Man it was a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach

Good news is my car still has 2 years of power train warranty and I took it to my local dealer and they did the trans fluid flush and replace. Bulletin 18-na-355. Since then I've put around 250 miles on the car and have not experienced any vibration, shudder, or rumble strip feeling. Very very rare but I get a little trans slip while accelerating hard and the car downshifts - this could be something else and it doesn't happen enough for me to be concerned. Will update if the shudder ever returns. May look into extending my warranty in case I ever need a new torque converter.
KnightfallWayne_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #829
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightfallWayne_7 View Post
Just picked up a used 2018 2SS automatic with 19k miles (got a great deal) but unfortunately didn't test drive the car long enough to feel the infamous shudder. Was driving it home on the highway when I felt it. Man it was a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach

Good news is my car still has 2 years of power train warranty and I took it to my local dealer and they did the trans fluid flush and replace. Bulletin 18-na-355. Since then I've put around 250 miles on the car and have not experienced any vibration, shudder, or rumble strip feeling. Very very rare but I get a little trans slip while accelerating hard and the car downshifts - this could be something else and it doesn't happen enough for me to be concerned. Will update if the shudder ever returns. May look into extending my warranty in case I ever need a new torque converter.
I guess that's one way to go. I don't know how much those cost, so can't really comment.

My thinking is that if my 8-speed starts acting up after my powertrain warranty is over, I will find a good transmission shop favored by enthusiasts and ask them to re-tune it. There have been enough posts on this site about people who have had excellent results doing that, and I don't think it is terribly expensive.

The dealership technicians are focused entirely on factory designed specifications, maintenance, and repairs. Their expertise does not extend into going beyond what GM says. The places that tune automatic transmissions know how to do these things. They can alter the tables that control how the transmission behaves.

Anyway, that's my plan.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:47 AM   #830
ACEPA
3 Camaro man!

Drives: Camaro 2.0 T
My 2018 2.0T A8 did this just after 2000 miles so I don't but the GM story the oil is the problem. My post is under ACEPA. I purchased my car in China while at the same time my friend bought her Camaro the same day and never had this problem. Still trying to resolve in a foreign land. I put 400KM on the car before I could stop and flush and replace the oil. One thing I noticed is the transmission oil I removed was more like red oil. The new special mobil synthetic oils looks more like red water than oil.
ACEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:52 AM   #831
ACEPA
3 Camaro man!

Drives: Camaro 2.0 T
Frustrating I feel your pain with this issue I thought my 2018 2.0T was amazing the ride, the power, the looks and to be cruising at 50mph and low throttle and have the vibration start was truly heart breaking.
ACEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 05:17 AM   #832
Bbuck77

Drives: 2012 chevy camaro ls
I would definitely look at your drive shaft couplers.. or your carrier bearing..or mounts and alignment on everything before you go after the transmission
Bbuck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 10:04 AM   #833
epwilson

Drives: 2024 SS Convertible CE
A8 transmission problems

There is a current class action lawsuit against GM for transmission problems on the A8 transmission. Call the law office of. Cohen Milstein at (561) 515-1400.
epwilson is offline   Reply With Quote