Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-24-2017, 10:19 AM   #57
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
How often does is shudder/vibrate for you guys that had the issue? I noticed what felt like "driving over rumble strips" one time about the same speeds but has yet to occur. I thought at the time it was the differential fluid being cold since I had just made a sharp turn and it was definitely cold out.
Mine only does it when I drive on the highway, around 65 mph or so, especially with cruise control enabled and on. I have watched the DIC, it only is when it is in V4 mode...if I manually shift when it is in 8th gear, down to 7th, then back up to 8th and leave it manual mode it does not happen again, or if I used my Range device it does not happen.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #58
Unbukwarrior

Drives: 1LT 2.0T A8
Since GM has put out a bulletin for the 5th generation does anyone think they'll put out one for the 6th?
Unbukwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:53 PM   #59
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Mine only does it when I drive on the highway, around 65 mph or so, especially with cruise control enabled and on. I have watched the DIC, it only is when it is in V4 mode...if I manually shift when it is in 8th gear, down to 7th, then back up to 8th and leave it manual mode it does not happen again, or if I used my Range device it does not happen.
So it was consistent. You could go out and reproduce it pretty easy? I've got about 4k on mine so far but only the one occurrence.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #60
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
So today I also experienced a strange shudder. I was driving normally at highway speeds 70ish when two or three times over a minute or two, it felt like I was hitting rumble strips. It did freak me out a bit. Worried I was having tire, wheel, or brake issues.

Then I found this thread.

First post sounds exactly like what I experienced today. I'm not driving the car much right now, but if it happens again I'm taking it in. Hell, might just take it in regardless.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #61
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
So it was consistent. You could go out and reproduce it pretty easy? I've got about 4k on mine so far but only the one occurrence.
Yeah I can reproduce it pretty easily if I want to.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #62
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbukwarrior View Post
Since GM has put out a bulletin for the 5th generation does anyone think they'll put out one for the 6th?
There us a bulletin already. It involves flushing the transmission 3 full times and changing the filter. The dealer did this on my 2017 and the shudder was solved and hasnt come back for 500 miles so far.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #63
HZjr

Drives: Camaro 2SS A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
There us a bulletin already. It involves flushing the transmission 3 full times and changing the filter. The dealer did this on my 2017 and the shudder was solved and hasnt come back for 500 miles so far.
Do you know the bulletin number?

Thnaks
Old 01-25-2017, 11:25 PM   #64
Unbukwarrior

Oh that's good to hear. Thanks!! Now hopefully the dealer will know what I'm talking about. I was hoping also like someone posted to see the actual bulletin, so I have something valid to tell the dealer. Otherwise I'm just going to show them this forum and the 5th generation bulletin.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:27 PM   #65
Unbukwarrior

Has GM commented on this issue yet? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen address this at all.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:30 AM   #66
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I didn't think there was a TSB. More like a recommendation from GM when a dealer requests feedback on what to do.

The TSB listed in the 2nd post on this thread is for trucks and the Corvette with the 8L90, but does not include the Camaro.

If there is really a TSB for this, that would be great to see.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #67
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HZjr View Post
Do you know the bulletin number?

Thnaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I didn't think there was a TSB. More like a recommendation from GM when a dealer requests feedback on what to do.

The TSB listed in the 2nd post on this thread is for trucks and the Corvette with the 8L90, but does not include the Camaro.

If there is really a TSB for this, that would be great to see.

I don't have the number. I saw a bulletin somewhere on the internet but I can't recall if it listed the Camaro. My Service Manager said they performed the procedure in a TSB that was given to them by GM. These days when you have warranty issues, the techs open tickets with GM directly who then directs the dealership what to do(to a certain extent). GM's instructions were to perform the triple flush and filter replacement.

That said, my dealer did not show me the TSB, so maybe it was just his choice words to call it a TSB. Or maybe they updated it to include the Camaro which would make sense since it has the same transmission as their other cars.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #68
HZjr

Drives: Camaro 2SS A8 NPP
Quote:
I don't have the number. I saw a bulletin somewhere on the internet but I can't recall if it listed the Camaro. My Service Manager said they performed the procedure in a TSB that was given to them by GM. These days when you have warranty issues, the techs open tickets with GM directly who then directs the dealership what to do(to a certain extent). GM's instructions were to perform the triple flush and filter replacement.

That said, my dealer did not show me the TSB, so maybe it was just his choice words to call it a TSB. Or maybe they updated it to include the Camaro which would make sense since it has the same transmission as their other cars.
Thank you
Old 01-26-2017, 10:17 PM   #69
Brains

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS A8
Dropped mine off today, they stated they will be swapping the converter. Mine was getting progressively worse, really bad when the trans gets up to full operating temp. It shudders hard enough to make you drop off the gas. Very happy with the service and support from Lone Star Chevy in Houston today.
Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:14 AM   #70
Immoralus

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS A8
Took my Camaro SS with less than 1500 miles to Ourisman Chevy in Bowie for all the reasons stated above and of course they weren't able to feel anything. So I set up an appointment to drive with the technician next Friday.

Additionally, does anyone notice the trans slips going form 4th to 5th gear and bogs down? It never fails and I feel like both issues are related.
Immoralus is offline   Reply With Quote