Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #29
WhiteSS6

Drives: 2017 2SS
Appreciate all of the feedback. I'll be contacting corporate to let them know of my experience.

I purchased my 2011 Mustang brand new with a sticker price of around $31k, and now it's worth $10-12k on trade-in with low miles and in great condition. Needless to say, I understand the depreciation hit of buying a car brand new which is why I was hoping to find one in good condition with low miles.

Unfortunately, there's only about ten white 2016+ SS's within 100 miles of where I live. All which are brand new and over $40k. The search continues.

Had a few people ask me to post the dealership and car info to help others.

Dealership: Ray Chevrolet in Fox Lake, IL.
VIN: 1G1FF1R76H0109159
WhiteSS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #30
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
The smart remark is what would have pissed me off the most!
Old 09-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #31
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSS6 View Post
Appreciate all of the feedback. I'll be contacting corporate to let them know of my experience.

I purchased my 2011 Mustang brand new with a sticker price of around $31k, and now it's worth $10-12k on trade-in with low miles and in great condition. Needless to say, I understand the depreciation hit of buying a car brand new which is why I was hoping to find one in good condition with low miles.

Unfortunately, there's only about ten white 2016+ SS's within 100 miles of where I live. All which are brand new and over $40k. The search continues.

Had a few people ask me to post the dealership and car info to help others.

Dealership: Ray Chevrolet in Fox Lake, IL.
VIN: 1G1FF1R76H0109159
Check with BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet. She posts here often. A lot of members have had an excellent buying experience with her.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:16 PM   #32
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSS6
He brings up KBB to show me the trade-in value range on my car. Comes back with a range of $10,300-$12k. They go and inspect my current car for an offer.

Camaro's price stays the same, and they lowball me on my car 10k flat. I express that I'm not exactly happy with the points I made above, and the fact that they're offering me $300 less than the minimum value HE showed me.
Just to give you an idea of how brutally they were gonna rape you, in 2012 I went to the dealer with my mom. She was looking to trade her 2006 Chevrolet HHR for a 2012 Cadillac SRX. My role was gonna be to argue with them on the price of her trade in. They offered her $9,000. I said take it. No argument required. She got $9k for a 6 year old HHR and they're offering you $10k for a 6 year old Mustang GT?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:09 PM   #33
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
They supposedly "GM Certified" that!?!?!?!? LOL someone forgot to inspect that car all the way. GM CPO has a big inspection list, and stuff like that damage has to be repaired usually to certify it.

The song on the radio display in their listing for the car is quite appropriate for what happened with your experience! http://www.raychevrolet.com/en/Certi...amaro/SS/26229

GM doesn't even have any CPO warranty on there yet, but that may be due to the fact the car hasn't sold yet.

I'm saving that VIN for...future research...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:20 PM   #34
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:52 PM   #35
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Reach out to the general manager and let him know, this is not acceptable. You spent your time and energy to get out there for BS.

Back in 2011 I drove a few hours to check out a used SS camaro, the car was listed online as 1 driver, no accidents, ect.

I get to the dealer and find out it was a rental... Needless to say I was pissed, spoke with the general manager and he wrote me a check for $100 (to make up for my time and gas).

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #36
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Reach out to the general manager and let him know, this is not acceptable. You spent your time and energy to get out there for BS.

Back in 2011 I drove a few hours to check out a used SS camaro, the car was listed online as 1 driver, no accidents, ect.

I get to the dealer and find out it was a rental... Needless to say I was pissed, spoke with the general manager and he wrote me a check for $100 (to make up for my time and gas).
You must be a heavy hitter. The average Joe Shmoe would never get anything like that for their inconvience.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote