Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #155
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Sorry, this P/N only fits the 6.2 V8's of the 6th generation. We are planning to expand through the GM lineup, slower than we wish, but we'll get there eventually.

Thanks for asking,
Think a lot of people here are moving up to the lt5 throttle body. Might be a good comparison to do and/or the next one to modify.
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #156
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spedee View Post
Order placed. Sending my OEM throttle body in. Still had my OEM after purchasing the Tony Mamo unit. This will be another great comparison.
I was impressed with the TM. From what I have read and conversations with Mike this is the next level of improvement.

Anyone want to buy my Tony Mamo unit???
Wondering if you considered putting the OEM back on and sending the TM to Soler for further modification?
Old 06-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #157
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
Oh. I completely didn't realize you guys were that close to me. Maybe when I get back from this deployment I'll swing on by and check out your guys' place and pick up a throttle body.
Sounds great, USAFS197. You are welcome to stop by. Thank you much!
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:21 AM   #158
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish72 View Post
Think a lot of people here are moving up to the lt5 throttle body. Might be a good comparison to do and/or the next one to modify.
Will do, working on it. Thx.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:23 AM   #159
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
Keep me posted, If you want a test mule I might be down for that. It is my daily driver. My Current mods are airrade in intake with KN filter and a solo performance cat back with x pipe and J pipes.
Thanks for the offer. Yes, I'll need members testing, I'll keep you in mind.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #160
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
The included directions on how to remove the tab connector from the existing throttle body are useless. Where specifically does one have to press to release the connector? I'd like to finish the install but the connector is stuck...
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #161
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Check this out vidkidZ! That tab is misleading. The first time it gave me a difficult time. Press in the location in this link.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439195
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:13 PM   #162
vidkidZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Check this out vidkidZ! That tab is misleading. The first time it gave me a difficult time. Press in the location in this link.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439195
Thanks, following the printed directions... both the red slider and the black tab is somewhere in my engine bay. I was able to get the connector loose with a standard screwdriver. Can these items be purchased online or from the stealership?
Old 06-23-2019, 02:22 PM   #163
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidkidZ View Post
Thanks, following the printed directions... both the red slider and the black tab is somewhere in my engine bay. I was able to get the connector loose with a standard screwdriver. Can these items be purchased online or from the stealership?

same thing happened to me lol. curious to also know if i can purchase just the tab piece or if i have to rewire a whole new plug
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #164
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
You’re welcome! Damn! I was close to doing the same thing happening. I’m looking for a part number now. Not sure if it you can purchase the plug or the plug with flying leads.
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #165
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Drives: 2022 ZLE, 2023 ZLE (Inbound)
Is only the 2019 throttle body harness connector just the easy squeeze and pull version? I've taken mine off several times and it's super easy.
rlarsen462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:34 PM   #166
vidkidZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
You’re welcome! Damn! I was close to doing the same thing happening. I’m looking for a part number now. Not sure if it you can purchase the plug or the plug with flying leads.

I didn't have much luck finding the connector or the parts online. Hopefully Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC has an idea where to get these parts as I can't be the 1st or the last to have lost them to the engine bay.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:28 PM   #167
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Installed mine last night and got though the re-learning procedure today... WOW! This is how this car should have always been. Throttle response, and the ability to easily heel-toe on downshifts (especially at lower speeds, part throttle), was my biggest gripe with the 6th gen. I've been deciding between TM and Pray ported TBs, but came across this thread and Soler's findings, as well as claims, made sense. I'd love to hear from people who had other ported TBs insalled, but I think I made the right choice.

Biggest things I noticed so far:
- Tour mode is not useless anymore, in fact I can heel-toe in tour mode!
- Track/competitive mode feels like the car has a throttle cable, instead of a petulant algorithm. I found myself just rev-matching without thinking, something that I really couldn't do before - it required a lot more throttle and never revved the same amount on blips.
- Rolling on the throttle after decelerating is extremely smooth - the progressive and instant response picks up the driveline slack in the first few degrees of throttle, without any jolts or giving it a bit of clutch...
- Transition from part throttle to WOT is noticeably more progressive.

I still have a bunch of driving and testing to do, but first impressions are great! If it doesn't throw any codes, this thing is more than worth the money.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:30 AM   #168
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
Hi, looking on your side I am only seeing solutions for the SS and ZL1 do you have a solution for the v6 guys (me) out there or even the 2.0 guys?
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote