Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-05-2018, 06:53 AM   #1
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
SS stalled on me this morning

Never did this before.
Remote cranked my car and let it run for a solid 5 minutes, it was at operating temperatures. Reason I remote crank is because I live right off of a 65 MPH road and is usually packed with cars doing 70 - 75 meaning when I pull out of the complex I have to really get on it from a dig....Thats exactly what didn't happen this morning.

I was pulling up to the intersection which was fortunately clear this morning and as I let off the brake to engage the fuel I just felt a sudden jerk it just rolled into the highway with absolutely no power, before I realized it stalled... restarted it QUICK and was on my merry way.

Hope this doesn't become a commonity... I'm hoping it was just a glitch.

I remember watching a video on here awhile back where some guy hydroplaned and lost it -- and the car shut down after he recovered...

Is there some mechanism that cuts fuel when too many G's are applied that could malfunction or something?
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
It should not do this. Has the car been modified, like maybe an aftermarket throttle controller?
If it is stock, and this condition repeats, I would take it in under warranty. In your situation you can't afford this happening often.
My 17 has never stalled in this kind of situation.
ctrlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
It should not do this. Has the car been modified, like maybe an aftermarket throttle controller?
If it is stock, and this condition repeats, I would take it in under warranty. In your situation you can't afford this happening often.
My 17 has never stalled in this kind of situation.
All stock ... getting kinda afraid to modify this car >_> ... yeah, if it happens again its going to a REPUTABLE dealer...even if I have to drive it halfway across the continent...not going through what I went through with my power steering issue again.

Actually if this turns into an ordeal Im just going to push my attorney to lemon my car. GM got back with me a few weeks ago and told me that they could "no longer speak with me because I have an attorney handling the case." For the time being my attorney is suing them for downtime of my car (was down over a month).
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #4
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Never did this before.
Remote cranked my car and let it run for a solid 5 minutes, it was at operating temperatures. Reason I remote crank is because I live right off of a 65 MPH road and is usually packed with cars doing 70 - 75 meaning when I pull out of the complex I have to really get on it from a dig....Thats exactly what didn't happen this morning.

I was pulling up to the intersection which was fortunately clear this morning and as I let off the brake to engage the fuel I just felt a sudden jerk it just rolled into the highway with absolutely no power, before I realized it stalled... restarted it QUICK and was on my merry way.

Hope this doesn't become a commonity... I'm hoping it was just a glitch.

I remember watching a video on here awhile back where some guy hydroplaned and lost it -- and the car shut down after he recovered...

Is there some mechanism that cuts fuel when too many G's are applied that could malfunction or something?

Modern cars have so much electronics, could have been a glitch.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
My suggestion is when you remote start, is to turn it off when you get in and then restart it.

I have a M6 and these LT1's have a "deadspot" in the pedal off idle.... The tony MOMO tB is said to solve this.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote