Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-21-2019, 08:55 AM   #15
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Agreed, would i rather have the Recaros? Hell yes, but they hardly seem worth the price tag even used.
They're actually a pretty good deal in a 1SS. $1595 and you get the upgraded leather/suede. It would cost about half of that just to have leather added.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #16
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
They're actually a pretty good deal in a 1SS. $1595 and you get the upgraded leather/suede. It would cost about half of that just to have leather added.
Didn't know that as I'm not looking for a new car. Yes that is a good price, I don't think I've seen used ones that low even.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:10 AM   #17
GearheadSS

Quote:
Didn't know that as I'm not looking for a new car. Yes that is a good price, I don't think I've seen used ones that low even.
Yeah I'm sure it's hard to find them used for that price. They're much higher if you try to order them new through GM parts.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #18
blimpy

Drives: BMW
OK so I talked to a dealer about the possibility of swapping the seats at the dealership (didn’t discuss the cost, a lot of money even if I can return the existing seats) and they said they cannot do it because Recaros are mounted differently (?) so it’s not a matter of a simple swap. They won’t do it because it is a sort of mod that voids part of the warranty.

Sounds BS or true?
blimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:34 AM   #19
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blimpy View Post
OK so I talked to a dealer about the possibility of swapping the seats at the dealership (didn’t discuss the cost, a lot of money even if I can return the existing seats) and they said they cannot do it because Recaros are mounted differently (?) so it’s not a matter of a simple swap. They won’t do it because it is a sort of mod that voids part of the warranty.

Sounds BS or true?
Old 02-26-2019, 10:07 AM   #20
Devius83

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE Satin Steel Metallic
The recaros in my 2019 2ss 1LE are really comfy with the alcatara suede and they hug you in the seat so nicely, I feel no moving around when I corner hard. They are spft but also firm as well so you dont feel like your sinking into it. I do believe they are only available with the 1LE, as most parts on that model are as I am told
Devius83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #21
blimpy

Drives: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devius83 View Post
The recaros in my 2019 2ss 1LE are really comfy with the alcatara suede and they hug you in the seat so nicely, I feel no moving around when I corner hard. They are spft but also firm as well so you dont feel like your sinking into it. I do believe they are only available with the 1LE, as most parts on that model are as I am told
Yeah I love them too but I’m too lazy for stick shift. Hell I don’t even feel like using shift paddles. I either have to custom order or get ZL1. Guess I’ll just get one with regular seats.

So has anyone done tracking with regular seats? Also, is there a way to get more restraint (like using special harnesses or something)?
blimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:38 PM   #22
GearheadSS

Just get a 1SS and keep an eye out for used Recaros. They will bolt right in and you'll save a ton of money over new.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #23
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Just get a 1SS and keep an eye out for used Recaros. They will bolt right in and you'll save a ton of money over new.
+1 or aftermarket seats
Old 02-26-2019, 05:28 PM   #24
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:

Sounds BS or true?
Why not give GearheadSS a call?
Old 02-26-2019, 06:00 PM   #25
fivewunoh

Drives: 18 NFG 1ss M6
Best upgrade I have done to my 1ss was upgrade to the Recaros. It really does change your driving experience.
fivewunoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:14 PM   #26
Calcanuck

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:

Sounds BS or true?
This is total BS, I have swapped mine out and it was simple and easy. No Manufature is going to design the seat mounts different for different seats options, the basic floor pan for all Camaro’s is the same.

On the track question, I did 5 track days on my stock SS seats using a CG-Lock. I have used the CG-Lock on other cars as well. It really helped keep the seat belt tight and holds you in much better.

I now have a set of Recaros installed that and the locking seat belt from a 1LE. I bought the seats off a Forum member in the “interior” member classified adds.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:15 AM   #27
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcanuck View Post
This is total BS, I have swapped mine out and it was simple and easy. No Manufature is going to design the seat mounts different for different seats options, the basic floor pan for all Camaro’s is the same.

On the track question, I did 5 track days on my stock SS seats using a CG-Lock. I have used the CG-Lock on other cars as well. It really helped keep the seat belt tight and holds you in much better.

I now have a set of Recaros installed that and the locking seat belt from a 1LE. I bought the seats off a Forum member in the “interior” member classified adds.
Is the CG-Lock really any advantage over the move your seat back a few inches, pull the seat belt really fast to activate the lock up, and move seat forward forcing your body into the now locked seatbelt? Only advantage I can see would be ease of getting into your exact preferred driving position, but the CG-Lock only locks the lap belt and not the shoulder belt, correct?
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:51 PM   #28
Calcanuck

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Is the CG-Lock really any advantage over the move your seat back a few inches, pull the seat belt really fast to activate the lock up, and move seat forward forcing your body into the now locked seatbelt? Only advantage I can see would be ease of getting into your exact preferred driving position, but the CG-Lock only locks the lap belt and not the shoulder belt, correct?
The seat belt lock was not easy to consistently engage on the SS belts. The CG lock was consistent and easy to use. The 1LE belts work like the rear belts for a baby seat, the rachet once you put them all the way out and are easy to use the method above. I had a 1LE belt installed on the driver seat for that reason.