#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-22-2019, 06:46 PM   #71
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
I have to say slightly better than the Z/28. Streetable all day long.
Hi,

I also came from a '15 Z/28. I don't mind a stiff ride and only drive the ZLE on the street. I feel it's a touch stiffer in softer settings than the Z/28 was, but I feel they are pretty much the same, overall. I like the GY 3R's a lot better than the Trefeo's on the Z/28. I think they have better turn-in and were a lot less prone to tramlining than the Trefeo's.

The ZLE is a stiff car, but IMO, not unbearable on the California roads where I drive. I do avoid obvious holes and sewer lids, etc., but I also do that in my lifted F-150 FX4.

I so love the handling and performance the ZLE offers that I am happy to deal with whatever stiffness it has. If I ever get any 'stiffness' concerns, I'll just take a drive up Highway 74 and all those concerns will fade away. The ZLE is the best handling factory car I've ever driven and I enjoy every single minute in it. Extra bonus....IMO, the TR6060 in the ZLE has the best ratios ever put in a street car. The TR6060 in the '15 Z/28 was a taller (numeric) 1st gear, and the 6th gear was a huge drop off from 5th. I love the TR6060 in our ZLE's. A set of 3.90 's and a Torsen would have been great in the ZLE......

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:50 PM   #72
Gbrownzl1

Drives: Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
Hi,

I also came from a '15 Z/28. I don't mind a stiff ride and only drive the ZLE on the street. I feel it's a touch stiffer in softer settings than the Z/28 was, but I feel they are pretty much the same, overall. I like the GY 3R's a lot better than the Trefeo's on the Z/28. I think they have better turn-in and were a lot less prone to tramlining than the Trefeo's.

The ZLE is a stiff car, but IMO, not unbearable on the California roads where I drive. I do avoid obvious holes and sewer lids, etc., but I also do that in my lifted F-150 FX4.

I so love the handling and performance the ZLE offers that I am happy to deal with whatever stiffness it has. If I ever get any 'stiffness' concerns, I'll just take a drive up Highway 74 and all those concerns will fade away. The ZLE is the best handling factory car I've ever driven and I enjoy every single minute in it. Extra bonus....IMO, the TR6060 in the ZLE has the best ratios ever put in a street car. The TR6060 in the '15 Z/28 was a taller (numeric) 1st gear, and the 6th gear was a huge drop off from 5th. I love the TR6060 in our ZLE's. A set of 3.90 's and a Torsen would have been great in the ZLE......

JJ
Love me some hwy 74
Gbrownzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:02 PM   #73
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
Yep, Tony's ported TB will fix that. Much more responsive and no "stumble" anymore.
I just put Tony's TB on a few weeks ago...its a definite improvement. Takes maybe 15 minutes to do.
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote