Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #29
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Fuel trims look good, HPFP good Question, why does advance say -3.5 in the table but +6 in the gauge screen?

Wait till you start putting timing into that e85 likes
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:12 AM   #30
raflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
Dumb question but do you have to tune for all the different levels of ethanol or can you do a few different percentages and have the tuning software ramp it?
It compensates both fueling and timing with set tables in the ecm for different ethanol percentages. As a tuner you can change any of these tables.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #31
cooper1965
-------:---:-------

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by raflyer View Post
Fuel trims look good, HPFP good Question, why does advance say -3.5 in the table but +6 in the gauge screen?

Wait till you start putting timing into that e85 likes

Yeah, I gotta get more timing ramped in still. I keep finding tables that have retard build in where it shouldnt, fighting fuel trims took a lot of time, and is still a working progress. Here is one of the log files if you want to take a look, see if you see anything, or got any advice. All help and knowledge VERY much appreciated!

https://transfernow.net/ddl/e85

---My Build Thread---

------My IG Page------
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #32
raflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Yeah, I gotta get more timing ramped in still. I keep finding tables that have retard build in where it shouldnt, fighting fuel trims took a lot of time, and is still a working progress. Here is one of the log files if you want to take a look, see if you see anything, or got any advice. All help and knowledge VERY much appreciated!

https://transfernow.net/ddl/e85
Not bad sir! Couple things besides the timing(the rate increase looks good by the way) Bring PE mode sooner Like 30-35% pedal position. 2nd Go to Maff only based fueling if you haven't already Let me know if you are not sure how to do that. There are 2 settings to change to do that. Stock its a combination of VE and maff readings. You should be able to add another 3-4deg on each end of your timing curve as long as you keep boost reasonable.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #33
cooper1965
-------:---:-------

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by raflyer View Post
Not bad sir! Couple things besides the timing(the rate increase looks good by the way) Bring PE mode sooner Like 30-35% pedal position. 2nd Go to Maff only based fueling if you haven't already Let me know if you are not sure how to do that. There are 2 settings to change to do that. Stock its a combination of VE and maff readings. You should be able to add another 3-4deg on each end of your timing curve as long as you keep boost reasonable.

Thank you sir! I was wondering about bringing PE in a bit sooner. So nix VE ? I was trying speed density, its OK. I will give maf a try though.

---My Build Thread---

------My IG Page------
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #34
raflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Thank you sir! I was wondering about bringing PE in a bit sooner. So nix VE ? I was trying speed density, its OK. I will give maf a try though.
VE does work as Mr Gibson tells us, but for the majority of peeps, MAFF works just fine and in my humble opinion is much easier over a variety of conditions.

I was able to get my FT's in low single digits across the board quickly and have a smooth stable idle even when its -15F Most say you can't run corn fuel that cold. The LTG did fine, granted I was only at 40% corn.

It's also easy to make fine adjustments under WOT as well in very specific ranges and when combined with HPTuners smoothing function, works well.