Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-27-2019, 07:29 PM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
lift recommendations

My brother just bout a large shop to start a welding business/school. We want to put a couple lifts in to so he can work on work trucks. I want a lift to mod my car. Im looking for recommendations on lifts. i guess something that can do a 1 ton truck with a utility bed on it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:28 PM   #2
DSMer1

Drives: 14 and 15 SS's
2 post overhead, with at least 12k capacity.
I had a imported lift in my home shop from Greg Smith equipment and it was great but for Diesel trucks I would go with something like a bendpak or a rotary
Old 01-27-2019, 10:43 PM   #3
Stefano

Drives: 6th Gen NicKey Camaro & others.
Look to Challenger or Rotary lifts. There are many variatiions. They are commercial grade and I too would go with 12,000lbs. I have both these lifts in use for many years at our shop with Zero issues!
Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:07 PM   #4
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
No bendpak. I have an xpr-10a in my home shop and it started leaking from power post ram 6 months after installing. Several other people I know have the same issue as mine on their bendpak lifts. They are fine for hobby use but not for everyday use. I got 2 rotary lifts installed at my business, one an asymmetrical 10,000 lb lift, the other a symmetrical 12,000 lift. Both are winners and worth every penny. To lift 1 ton truck with utility bed a 12,000 is what I would recommend. Just make sure you have both the stock truck pads and the optional round car pads if you go the 12,000 route.

Whatever you buy it has to be ansi and ali certified in order for your business insurance to not revoke you upon inspection.
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:56 AM   #5
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
thank you. didnt know about the ansi ali cert
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote