Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #15
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
I've owned multiple cars from multiple nameplates. I like my Camaro but frankly, my 09 GT had more curb appeal. It just wasn't fast enough and handled like dog crap but it did look nice. I got far more compliments on it than I get on my Camaro.
Attached Images

Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:46 PM   #16
lazarus870

Drives: Just a Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
Yeah back in 2015 I bought a 06 charger r/t. Then my wife was jealous so we got her a 2010 camaro 2ss. Long story I totalled my charger and then upgraded to a 06 charger srt8 and then totalled that one too. Then she totalled her camaro and I bought another 06 charger srt8 and got t-boned in that one. So I always liked my wife's camaro so back in May I went and bought a 2012 camaro 2ss but I bought it cheap because it's high mileage 155k but runs perfect and I've been slowly fixing all the problems and I'm almost done. What I like the most about it is all the parts are so cheap and now I've fell in love with the car.
Damn you guys have totaled a lot of cars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-8 View Post
I had a weird experience with dealers back then as well. I almost bought a new Camaro SS in 2002. If the dealer had let me test drive it alone, I would have bought it. But, they had to be in the shotgun seat, so I couldn't really get a feel for it. Funny, as I was a 42 year old stable person who had lived in town for 17 years at that time. Oh well. I've got what I want now.
Dealerships are funny eh? Back in 2005, I walked into a Toyota dealership as i was 18 and starting college and my dad was going to help me buy a car. I wanted something new and reliable and settled on a 2005 Corolla XRS which is a 2ZZ-GE (high revving 1.8 revs to 8200 rpm) which had 170 horsepower and a 6-speed manual. 0-60 in about 7.2 seconds or so. Dealer wouldn't let me test drive one, "too much power for such a young person." 127 foot pounds of torque...
Lot of Subaru dealers say no to test drives.

Ford didn't check my DL just let me drive a 5 liter.
lazarus870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:17 AM   #17
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
[QUOTE=lazarus870;10926231]Damn you guys have totaled a lot of cars

I know tell me about it. I kinda feel like I'm cursed in Dodge Chargers. That's why I switched to a Camaro.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:21 PM   #18
Trawz

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
I nearly went a similar rout, but I sprung for the 1LE.

Story Time!

I have owned a bunch of different brands: Toyota, Ford, Jeep, Mini, BMW, and SAAB.
When I was looking to move up from my heavily modified SAAB 9-3, I wanted to get into something with a V8 that would be at home on a track.
Never owned a car with a V8, but after my friend loaned me his 2011 Mustang GT for a day, I new I had to make the step up.

Test drove a 2014 Challenger SRT8. This was lowest on my list but I wanted to give it a try.
It felt massive and wallowed around the twisty roads more then I wanted, but It got up and went plus sounded great.

Test drove a 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack. Night-and-day difference from the challenger. Felt way more light and much more eager be tossed around.

Test drove a 2012 Camaro SS. Felt good to me. Seemed more at home on the twisty back roads, had a legendary engine, sounded great with what felt like more power then the challenger and mustang.
Felt slightly softer and heavier then the mustang, plus visibility was not great.

I was heavily leaning toward the mustang and was just looking for a good deal on one. Then two Camaro 1LEs popped up in my searches. A 2013 and a 2015.
I had no idea the 1LE package was a thing then. Did some research and discovered that the 1LE package was the track pack.
Test drove the 2015 1LE and immediately wanted to buy it. It looked so damn mean and drove so planted plus felt more playful.
But the dealer wanted 35K for it and refused to budge (this was in 2018).

The 2013 was being sold by a privet seller who I found out was a tech at a well known tuning shop here in town.
After a test drive and 2 hours of chatting about our past cars plus showing him around my tuned up SAAB, he knocked the price down to 20K without any haggling.
He even took me to his shop to put it on the lift to show me all that everything was in perfect order. He also was eager to show off some of the cool race-ready cars they had being worked on there.
Best car buying experience I have ever had!
Trawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #19
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
I've owned multiple cars from multiple nameplates. I like my Camaro but frankly, my 09 GT had more curb appeal. It just wasn't fast enough and handled like dog crap but it did look nice. I got far more compliments on it than I get on my Camaro.
Its the color, imo. That color blue looks good on nearly anything.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #20
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Its the color, imo. That color blue looks good on nearly anything.
Damn right it does, my mom has an 09 GT in that color. It looks pretty close to Aqua Blue Metallic without the greenish flop in the shade that ABM has. It’s not hard to tell what my favorite 5th Gen color is

That said Danial is right my Camaro kicks that GT’s ass in every way. Mom was about ready to trade hers in for a Camaro after seeing mine.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 02:23 AM   #21
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
I have a 18 GT.

Still love Camaro and Challenger.

No replacement for displacement.
Attached Images

IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #22
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
TRAWZ,

Great car story!
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #23
Trawz

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
TRAWZ,

Great car story!
Trawz is offline   Reply With Quote