Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #43
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Crazy Camaro View Post
was it mike the manager? their yelp reviews are hilarious, 2 star average out of 19 reviews

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rye-subaru-rye
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Right.

My wife and I went looking at Mercedes at a Mercedes dealership last week and when we expressed some interest in one of them, they talked us into taking it home for the weekend - no obligation. They also prepared us a tray of cookies, since we had liked the cookie they had in their customer waiting area (extensive drinks and snacks galore) and they took us to the parts department and let us pick out a free gift (my wife picked a laser light pen).

On Monday morning, we dropped off the car and they said, "How did you like it?" I said it drove great and was fun (was turbo, so it was fun) and they said, "Great, let us know if we can help you on your next car." We shook his hand and left.

Similar experience in most dealerships we have shopped (though that was one of the best experiences overall). I think sometimes there are two sides to a story... and I notice the account of the original poster here has been SUSPENDED. Hmmm

"So I storm off calling her a lesbian and telling everyone she will burn in hell." <--- yes, there is far more to the beginning part of the original story, LOL

So you didn't get the Mercedes? Do they have a limit of how many miles you were allowed or something? It wasn't new-used was it, or brand new?
Sorry just seems strange
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #44
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
So you didn't get the Mercedes? Do they have a limit of how many miles you were allowed or something? It wasn't new-used was it, or brand new?
Sorry just seems strange

No, didn't get the Mercedes. There was no limit on how many miles (at least not that I am aware of). We had the car for a few days and then returned it. It was a brand new one, yes. I did like the drive and the turbo really lit the thing up on the highway, passing.

I've been offered to take cars for a day numerous times when car shopping - though it does tend to happen more often when it is a higher end dealership. I had a Porsche for a day some years ago when I was considering one (didn't end up going that way). It's not really so unusual, but generally won't be offered unless they feel you're a qualified and serious potential buyer. They don't make offers like that to guys like the original poster who likely come in with flailing arms, frothing and foaming at the mouth and calling the sales people names.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #45
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
A lot depends on the dealership too. When I was shopping for my car, I went to my local dealership and they wouldn't even let me test drive a v6 camaro. Salesman was on a power trip and said "we don't just let anyone drive the camaros"??? I'm mid 30's but look a little younger probably. I was shocked as it was a v6 and I was ready to buy/order. And when I talked price with them on ordering a new camaro from the factory, they said they wouldn't go a dollar under msrp. Ended up going to a dealership in the next town over, test drove a couple cars and ordered mine just the way I wanted for $2800 under msrp.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #46
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
I was on that thread that bizarro commented on the young ladies appearance, seems like that guy has got a opinion for everything and wants the world to know. and he didn't seem to get why his comment was weird either...
Old 07-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #47
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
I had a bad Pontiac Dealership experience back in 2004. Went to look at a GTO, negotiated the deal with the salesman, gave him all my info...all good. Then the finance guy came out, he was really flamboyant. My mistake was saying to him I want the negotiated deal and the special Pontiac financing...he basically said its one or the other. When I mentioned that I know about the cost sheet (I worked at Chase Auto Finance back in the day), he flipped out and started pointed at the MSRP is what I should be paying and started saying he'll show me his bank account too. Both he and the salesman had a good laugh...I didnt appreciate that. So I walked away and said you really know how to treat a customer. Then I walked out and drove away. The dealership was empty, and in the end I am happy that I didnt buy another Pontiac.

The owner ended up calling me and trying to persuade me to use another finance person at the dealership. He apologized but my mind was already made up.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #48
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Crazy Camaro View Post
I was on that thread that bizarro commented on the young ladies appearance, seems like that guy has got a opinion for everything and wants the world to know. and he didn't seem to get why his comment was weird either...
here's the thing: rude customers come with the territory. It's SOP. Daily routine. A rude customer is no excuse for a representative of the company being rude in return. For any reason.

We today think that there's an excuse for it though. It's because we accept poor customer service in general and we put up with it. If anyone ever wonders why in general customer service is a joke, this story illustrates the point. The company rep should be trained to never respond in kind, but in reality the company rep isn't even taught how to answer the telephone correctly nine times out of ten.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:07 AM   #49
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
here's the thing: rude customers come with the territory. It's SOP. Daily routine. A rude customer is no excuse for a representative of the company being rude in return. For any reason.

We today think that there's an excuse for it though. It's because we accept poor customer service in general and we put up with it. If anyone ever wonders why in general customer service is a joke, this story illustrates the point. The company rep should be trained to never respond in kind, but in reality the company rep isn't even taught how to answer the telephone correctly nine times out of ten.
I will agree with this entire point. I do also think people just want to show up to work now to get a paycheck because they don't take pride in what they do. that could be because either companies don't instill enough pride in people or employees realize how easily replaceable they are
Old 07-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #50
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I think it has become a rare instance that a dealer actually provides any value to the transaction.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:14 PM   #51
docrocket1967

Drives: 2013 1LE, 1999 SS, 1967 RS, 1968GTO
The transformer type women always seem to have that attitude
1967 Camaro RS
1968 Pontiac GTO

http://fbodyinc.com
docrocket1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #52
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
How bout u guys read the yelp reviews. It wasn't bizaros attitude
idk anyone who walks out of a dealer screaming about a lesbo burning in hell automatically qualifies as someone I'd throw out of my shop.

total asswipe if you ask me
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote