Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
birminghamss
2015 Commemorative SS/2SS

Drives: 2015 SS Commemorative Edition
Think I pissed off a vendor

So I ordered something from a vendor on here. Not going to put out names. But had been a bit and had not heard a word from them. I reached out asking for an update. Was told by the customer service rep. I was told today will send you a tracking number shortly. Now it's the next day and still no tracking. So later in the day I send a email back just asking if there was any update from yesterday. I have a reply back of a tracking number and that's it. Next day I look at the tracking and to my surprise no update all it says is a label has been made. Now a week and a half later still no part, still not been shipped and never said it was out of stock or anything. I am over 24 locations in my profession and was not at all being rude just wanted an update. Now don't know what to do. Ok that's my venting for the day. Hopefully I will get a true update in the next few days.
2015 SS/2SS Commemorative edition (stripe deleted). United States Camaro Club, BMR split drop, Copper colored wheels, RotoFab intake, GM strut bar, blacked out side markers, painted engine pieces, tint, tredwear letters (tire), more to come...
birminghamss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Honesty: The lost art form!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:27 PM   #3
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
What did you order?
Old 07-15-2015, 10:34 PM   #4
birminghamss
2015 Commemorative SS/2SS

Drives: 2015 SS Commemorative Edition
Don't want to say that cause might give the vendor away. I don't want to bash them or anything I just wanted to vent on the fact of what happened. I will give them till Friday then will prob either say something again or just call and cancel my order. Bad thing is they are the only ones that do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpimp00 View Post
What did you order?
2015 SS/2SS Commemorative edition (stripe deleted). United States Camaro Club, BMR split drop, Copper colored wheels, RotoFab intake, GM strut bar, blacked out side markers, painted engine pieces, tint, tredwear letters (tire), more to come...
birminghamss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:36 PM   #5
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
I think it's shady that they created a label just to give you a tracking number. Sucks that they're the only ones that do whatever it is you're trying to get done but I'd just call and cancel the order.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:44 PM   #6
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Honesty: The lost art form!
I seem to have your same addiction!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:30 AM   #7
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I seem to have your same addiction!

-Don

Old 07-16-2015, 08:50 AM   #8
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
I know this is asking a bit much from you, OP, but can you quickly timeline your correspondence. Example:
01/02/15 - Purchased from vendor
01/08/15 - CC charged

This would help all of us see what kind of communication and delay has been made.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:05 AM   #9
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by birminghamss View Post
So I ordered something from a vendor on here. Not going to put out names. But had been a bit and had not heard a word from them. I reached out asking for an update. Was told by the customer service rep. I was told today will send you a tracking number shortly. Now it's the next day and still no tracking. So later in the day I send a email back just asking if there was any update from yesterday. I have a reply back of a tracking number and that's it. Next day I look at the tracking and to my surprise no update all it says is a label has been made. Now a week and a half later still no part, still not been shipped and never said it was out of stock or anything. I am over 24 locations in my profession and was not at all being rude just wanted an update. Now don't know what to do. Ok that's my venting for the day. Hopefully I will get a true update in the next few days.
Buddy it's your freaking money. That Vendor whom ever they may be better ship that item or else get a refund asap. This is BullS$#$#$t. You have every right to be rude and upset. There is no , now we have your money you better be nice or you don't get your order. Screw that. PM me the vendors name I would like to know I will keep it between us.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:08 AM   #10
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Tell us who they are, they shouldn't be treating customers like that. Inb4 vendor comes in here making up stories about customer being rude and not patient enough
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:27 AM   #11
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Just to be the devils advocate but sometimes tracking fails, I've had items delivered that still showed up as label printed with no updates.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #12
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Just to be the devils advocate but sometimes tracking fails, I've had items delivered that still showed up as label printed with no updates.
Has happened to me more times than I can count. Printing a label, attaching it to the correct item and communicating the shipping number is most likely three independent pieces of the process.

1. Use American Express
2. Cancel the order with American Express (Yes, cancel...through the dispute process).
3. Order from somewhere else
4. If original part shows up, take pictures, refuse and return to sender unopened.

I've never abused the process and American Express has refunded my money 100% of the time. Your mileage may be different with other cards.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:06 PM   #13
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Most bank issued credit cards will put a dispute on an order and not bill you for it until it is resolved. If it has not yet shipped, they can cancel the deal altogether. It's always a benefit to use a card from the bank that you do all your regular banking at so that you can just ask your banker to handle it for you.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #14
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
While we don't have anything to do with this (AFAIK), I would recommend contacting the vendor ASAP.

The whole "Label has been created" message really is a misnomer. What it means is a label was made, and UPS has not scanned the package. That does not mean that it was not given by the retailer to UPS. Almost every UPS driver we have had gets lazyand does not want to scan every box at pickup because it slows them down. Then the package gets lost/stolen between pickup, and the UPS center, and never gets scanned showing this message. I have also seen it happen when labels became unreadable or feel off the box. It also could mean an error in the warehouse...like a label fell on the floor and was never put on the box. Most retailers close an order once they have tracking, so they will not know you don't have an order unless you call them.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote