Attached Images

102SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:00 AM   #16
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Very nice position on the park job sir!! I like that, looks cool!! Awesome looking Camaro too. Love the dark tint, mine is like that, makes the car look sinister!!
Looking out the front window is the main objective when I drive. Not much of a night driver, nowadays. Like my tint installer said, “looks like it’s supposed to now.”
Old 01-20-2021, 10:36 AM   #17
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
At least they didn't make the minivans (total) bottom breathers too. Chevy was always going to have to have mass market front-drive stuff. They needed to find a way to keep rear-drive-based mid-sizers. Pontiac was their best bet for spiffed up front drivers.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:54 AM   #18
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Oh what a sweet rig that is.
Actually, when I did my apprenticeship at the dealer, once in a while I would have to drive the dust buster shuttle van. Ours was equipped with a 3800 engine. For what it was at the time it would go like a bat out of hell!!!!
I beat on that thing all the time when I had no customers or the right customers
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:13 PM   #19
Thunder70

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Did you do the alternator on a lift?
I used to remove the bolt for the steering shaft, lower the rear of the cradle and then pull out the alternator. It wasn’t too bad and I could easily beat warranty time. I did lots of them as it was the heat that would kill the alternator.
The alternator, where it was located had very little airflow and what airflow it did have was mostly provided by an air diverter which really still didn’t provide enough airflow to cool the alternator.
Yes I did the job on a lift
Thunder70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:26 AM   #20
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Hey careful, this is my old flame! My first new car was a '93 Lumina Z34. It was a large, slick looking coupe and it certainly was a looker for its day. Unfortunately, GM was still suffering with quality control problems, and unfortunately the GM-10s (including Luminas) were typical poster childs. The first thing was its induction. The Fuel Injection system was ok, but it suffered from early clogging, and if you did not service it the car would stall during traffic stops. Second, the timing chain. It was an innovative move on GM's part to design a two type chain system, however this system was of low quality as the car would eat the second rubber chain after 60k miles (I used to average about 30k miles on a chain). The repair of the timing chain was very expensive, but luckily I had new car break-down insurance. Many people would go broke trying to maintain the 3.4 engine's timing chain. Third; Brakes. The car featured all wheel disc brakes with anti lock, but the brake calipers were somewhat faulty and were subject to pre-mature wear. In fact, there was a famous class action suit against gm for faulty GM-10 brakes.

This was an innovative car model and GM was still enthusiastic about their cars, as well as their coupe models. The car had a pleasing ride, was very nimble around turns, and was fairly quick for the time. Of course, by today's standards 200 hp and near 16 second quarter miles would be deemed slow (My Malibu Turbo would eat a Z34). The Z34 was a nice looking package that suffered from GM's lack of quality and poor customer service.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote