Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-01-2019, 03:09 PM   #15
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
What's funny about this is that I remember a previous thread where someone either here on on the 1LE forum was stating it was a waste of time to replace the brake lines as the factory ones were already braided steel.

There is always someone who thinks they know more than everyone else
Old 09-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #16
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
What's funny about this is that I remember a previous thread where someone either here on on the 1LE forum was stating it was a waste of time to replace the brake lines as the factory ones were already braided steel.

I remember that as well.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #17
SWZL11LE

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post

Unfortunately it is people who are a bit misinformed and don't have the relative knowledge of the subject.

I believe it was someone who cut the stock lines and saw the braiding inside and concluded they were braided from factory therefore upgraded brake lines were a waste of money.

Any hydraulic hose will have some sort of a reinforcement aka braiding in it since it is subject to pressure.
SWZL11LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:16 PM   #18
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I’d love to drive a car with lines. I haven’t exactly experienced any inconsistencies with the brake pedal that I feel are line related. Though, what I believe to be fluid related could in fact be lines.. *shrug*
Old 09-01-2019, 06:59 PM   #19
SWZL11LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
I’d love to drive a car with lines. I haven’t exactly experienced any inconsistencies with the brake pedal that I feel are line related. Though, what I believe to be fluid related could in fact be lines.. *shrug*

If you are ever in the area, feel free to take mine out. Stock stock lines consistently feel spongy, especially under track conditions with hard braking.

If you have a reference point it becomes easier to feel stuff like this. I often switch from car to car, and that is when your senses are fresh and you can feel everything that is different.

I don't expect everyone to feel this, some of us are more sensitive than others, and have more experience than others as well.

For example, you have referenced a few times that stock pads are working out great for you on the car, while others who track these have been not happy with them and have moved onto more aggressive compounds.

I am just happy that I finally got the cars brakes feeling the way I want them to feel (well sort of, the power brake booster in this car is another area of complaint for me, but I guess that is not getting changed since it is only a road car and not an all out race car). As mentioned on my original post, still haven't gone on track (can't wait to go out and report back), but I can easily feel the difference on the road.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:38 AM   #20
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Really interesting stuff on the compressibility of the brake fluid when all of the focus is usually on the wet & dry boiling points.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:40 PM   #21
Junkyardspecial

Cant wait to throw them on my ZLE. I cant imagine the added confidence of a firmer pedal 150mph into a hairpin. lol

Will buy your GoodYear Supercar 3R Take offs!
Junkyardspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:49 PM   #22
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
PM sent
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #23
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
PM sent
Sorry, only 1 set allowed in SoCal.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:18 PM   #24
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
Sorry, only 1 set allowed in SoCal.
I got the last one
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:07 AM   #25
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
I got some Spiegler SS lines front/rear from Essex and they work great. Not the better than OEM looking brackets like the OP has though which are very impressive, just carefully placed zip ties. I'll take pics next time I'm under the car. ~$200/set.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:23 AM   #26
SWZL11LE

EDIT: I've actually ordered 10 more today since there are still many of you who are messaging me for these. PM me if you want a set on the next batch that is coming. A few are already spoken for.

All of the ones which I had initially gotten is gone, but I can get more made if there are people interested.

Last edited by SWZL11LE; 09-03-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:17 AM   #27
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
I got the last one
Old 09-03-2019, 08:18 AM   #28
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWZL11LE View Post
If you are ever in the area, feel free to take mine out. Stock stock lines consistently feel spongy, especially under track conditions with hard braking.

If you have a reference point it becomes easier to feel stuff like this. I often switch from car to car, and that is when your senses are fresh and you can feel everything that is different.

I don't expect everyone to feel this, some of us are more sensitive than others, and have more experience than others as well. example, you have referenced a few times that stock pads are working out great for you on the car, while others who track these have been not happy with them and have moved onto more aggressive compounds.

I am just happy that I finally got the cars brakes feeling the way I want them to feel (well sort of, the power brake booster in this car is another area of complaint for me, but I guess that is not getting changed since it is only a road car and not an all out race car). As mentioned on my original post, still haven't gone on track (can't wait to go out and report back), but I can easily feel the difference on the road.
I don't suppose you'll be at Sebring this Friday or during the weekend?

I agree that the 6th gen break feel is a bit.. shitty. It's been my biggest complaint with my SS1LE and my ZLE.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote