Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 01-06-2021, 04:40 PM   #15
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
yea im doing rear seat delete this month and probably going to be getting a cage/seat/harness setup later
Old 01-06-2021, 05:08 PM   #16
Nitronut

Drives: Duramax, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSS1LE View Post
I just made some laguna pipes using 2.5" 90 degree elbow from orielly's without any welding. I might try and rivet the brackets onto the pipe just for redundancy but so far the hose clamps are holding them on tight and I can't rotate them even when I step on it. I cut some 1" slits at the end of the pipe and hammered it to a smaller diameter so it fits into the stepdown in the exhaust where the valve is located.

I also just installed a Racetech RT4009 on the drivers side only. Going to be figuring out a airbag bypass solution that doesn't require extracting the harness from the stock seat.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...st+elbow&pos=4

Which model seat is that?
Old 01-08-2021, 11:15 AM   #17
MTSS1LE

Drives: 2007 C6 Z06
Racetech RT4009
MTSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 12:30 PM   #18
Nitronut

Drives: Duramax, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Racetech RT4009
Thank you.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:07 AM   #19
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Looks great. Seat question, what track adapter and slider did you use?
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:06 AM   #20
MTSS1LE

Brey Krause mount, Recaro double locking sliders, Racetech RTB1009M Sidemount. I had to offset mount them inboard so that the sliders are the right width but its not really noticeable when driving. The recaro slider handle was too low and kept getting unlocked by some bumps in the floor so I used a sparco slider handle that didn't stick out as far (some modification required to fit). I also got a 7" seat belt extender from seatbelt extender pros so I can feed it through the inboard harness hole, the one I got free from the dealership was too long.

sparco slider handle: https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...kaAhzOEALw_wcB

seatbelt extender: https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com...belt-extender/

I got the 7" one.

That was a lot, I probably should've made a separate post about it but oh well. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:03 PM   #21
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
How did the pipes do at laguna?
Old 01-20-2021, 07:55 PM   #22
MTSS1LE

I had something come up and I couldn't make it so I transferred that day to a friend unfortunately. Hopefully will be going end of February or March.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #23
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
LMK what you end up doing. Maybe we can meet up at the track one of these days.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:21 PM   #24
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Looks good man. I remember talking to you about these at the Laguna Speed SF event in August. Turned out pretty well.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:15 PM   #25
billapex

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Here's what I did for Arizona Motorsports Park. No contact with the outside of the tip and rotatable to point away from wherever the sound meter is.
Attached Images

billapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:40 AM   #26
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
I just made some laguna pipes using 2.5" 90 degree elbow from orielly's without any welding. I might try and rivet the brackets onto the pipe just for redundancy but so far the hose clamps are holding them on tight and I can't rotate them even when I step on it. I cut some 1" slits at the end of the pipe and hammered it to a smaller diameter so it fits into the stepdown in the exhaust where the valve is located.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...st+elbow&pos=4

Thanks for the idea! My son and I both exactly duplicated your Laguna pipe solution, and while it helped, at the Laguna Seca, Mar 15 track day, we still got booted *if* we stayed wide open between turns 5 and 6. We both drive 1SS1LE cars. My other son with his insanely loud '05 GTO, was able to run all day by backing out between those two turns (as we did except for the laps where we went balls out there). Best thing is to put the car in fourth and just cruise when passing the sound booth.

FWIW, the pipes stayed tight all day, and got VERY hot after a session, but we expected that. They also left no sign of any damage on the tail pipes when removed!
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:28 PM   #27
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayvan View Post
Thanks for the idea! My son and I both exactly duplicated your Laguna pipe solution, and while it helped, at the Laguna Seca, Mar 15 track day, we still got booted *if* we stayed wide open between turns 5 and 6. We both drive 1SS1LE cars. My other son with his insanely loud '05 GTO, was able to run all day by backing out between those two turns (as we did except for the laps where we went balls out there). Best thing is to put the car in fourth and just cruise when passing the sound booth.

FWIW, the pipes stayed tight all day, and got VERY hot after a session, but we expected that. They also left no sign of any damage on the tail pipes when removed!
Considering doing the same as I want to run at Laguna. Just wondering… has anyone successfully ran at WOT without breaking the 90db threshold?
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:04 PM   #28
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
There's a 105db day this Sunday!! It'll be my first time there and no worries about sound.

I have a non NPP muffler I plan on putting Laguna pipes into for the next time I go, I'm sure that'll keep me below 90.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote