Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
Jaslinds

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2010
Angry Chevy Camaro 2010

Asking for advice from the hive:
I have a Chevy Camaro LS 2010 and the dreaded check engine light came on. P0007 and P0018. No surprise after what I have been researching these cars have a known issue but Chevy has not extended the warranty. I had the cam sensor replaced figuring give that a shot since it was a cheaper fix. The light was off for about 5 miles from the shop when it came back on.
The car still runs pretty great, I feel like the pick up is not what is was when accelerating but otherwise it is good. My mechanic can't do timing chains and told me to go to dealer and they were of no help telling me they could not even give me an estimate and to talk to the parts dept. Well the parts aren't the issue the labor is. Long story short I have decided to sell the car. It has 114,000 miles on it. The interior is stellar, I detailed and steam cleaned it all the time and exterior is great. I listed at $7,000 based on what I read on KBB and other sites. But what would be reasonable for me to accept? As a girl I sometimes think people think I am clueless about my car, but I LOVED my Camaro and really tried to become knowledgable on it. Thanks so much!
Jaslinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Can you sell a car with a CEL in your state?

Not in mine!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #3
Jaslinds

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2010
Yes I can where I am.
Jaslinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #4
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I've read about a patch that resets the parameters for the computer although thats supposed to be just a temporary fix.

BTW, i'm also seeing 'tube videos of the chain or chains being replaced without pulling the engine too. Someone with some garage skills should be able to replace it if they understand how to align everything. Very important since they are interference engines.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaslinds View Post
Yes I can where I am.
Here in Massachusetts, the buyer can either void the sale or force you to fix the problem if the car doesn't pass inspection, which it won't if there's a CEL.

Of course you can still sell the car to a salvage yard...for peanuts.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:43 AM   #6
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
PM JerTM on this board.he is a certified GM mechanic and should be able to give you an idea concerning price and difficulty.it sounds like you have a very nice car other than this timing chain issue and id hate to see you have to give it away.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 camaro, camaro, timing chain