Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #15
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
If you're after the big horsepower numbers you should have gone with a ZL1. With ported blower, E85, headers and tune they can easily be in the 700whp range. You're 1LE is going to out handle your brother's Mustang GT. If he doesn't believe you just compare times after a track day
Old 07-06-2017, 04:04 PM   #16
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
I was under the impression the 1LE had a different tranny. Definitely correct me if i'm wrong. I do know the 1LE has a short shifter kit.
1LE and SS share the transmission, TR6060. The 1LE does come with the short shift kit and it makes a huge difference!
Old 07-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #17
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Because a Coyote just needs a simple injector swap to handle fueling to reach those power levels, where in our platform due to Direct Injection, we need a low pressure pump, high pressure pump, and LT4 injectors to get over 700whp without a dedicated standalone meth system.

The 2.3 blower kits available for our cars only make 550-600whp because that is generally the comfortable limit of the stock fuel system without adding meth.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #18
zryan

Drives: 1973 z28 Rs, 2018 SS 1LE
I've got multiple references saying that 600 horsepower to the ground is the safe limit before having to beef up the internals. That is pretty darn good. I like knowing we have the extra trans, diff, and oil cooling systems on-board as well.
zryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:45 PM   #19
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootus View Post
I believe it was different for the Gen5 Camaro, but I cannot find anything that suggests it is different for Gen6.

Edit: Looking at a reference I found, it seems like the Gen6 SS has the same ratios as the Gen5 SS 1LE, but with a 3.73 rear. And Chevy says the 2017 1LE has the same 3.73 rear.
The 6th gen has shorter tires so it equals out about the same.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #20
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
1LE has a short shifter but the transmission and rear axle ratio are identical with an SS.

OP: Just go to some HPDEs and talk them up to your brother. See if you can get him out there. Driver will make a much bigger difference once turns get involved.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:27 PM   #21
zryan

So the real limitation that 5.0s dont have is fuel system. He will still need injectors but no pumps. Would have ordered zl1 but $$$ lol. I am always more into the handling and turning. But thirst for more horsepower is always there. Ill get him to a tracl day. He thinks hp will make up for poor handling. Hellcat shows the flawed logic there. Any of you guys have high hp #s? If so what supporting mods have you done?
Old 07-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #22
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
His mustang will be far behind you after the first lap I'll assure you. No matter how much hp he has if his suspension is stock. These 1LE's are beating just about every stock car out there on track.
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:55 PM   #23
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotfiles View Post
If you're after the big horsepower numbers you should have gone with a ZL1. With ported blower, E85, headers and tune they can easily be in the 700whp range. You're 1LE is going to out handle your brother's Mustang GT. If he doesn't believe you just compare times after a track day
Don't you mean 700HP @ the Engine (BHP)?

Calculating For Rear Wheel Horse Power (RWHP) w/BHP you lose about 20% with an Auto Trans Car.

To make 700RWHP you'd need a 875BHP @ the Engine.
875 x 20% = 175 875-175= 700.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:44 AM   #24
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
People really need to quit beating on owners for wanting to mod their 1LE's. While being able to hit the track will be fun, I also bought my 1LE because it ticked off all of the personal things I wanted in the package.

With that mine is getting headers, ported IM/TB along with a tune in the coming months. Then next year it is getting a supercharger as well. I will still have fun in it and will smile ear to ear, more so since its my car and is built the way I wanted it.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #25
zryan

That is going to be a sweet build!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #26
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
As a 2017 SS 1LE owner as well, I have to concur with the other owners here, zryan. It's an awesome car stock (mine still is) and well-balanced. Remember, the Chevrolet Camaro team already engineered and tested this car to be what it is and tested it on the Nurburgring. Heck, even Camaro Chief Engineer Al Oppenheiser said this past weekend at CamaroFest 7 that he thought it was the best all-around. Of course, he had to acknowledge the ZL1 1LE after I mentioned it to him so he sort of corrected himself ;-). Oh, by the way, I'm not knocking any of the others. Aren't they all great at what they were designed and engineered to do? ZL1 is what I really wanted but I don't feel like I've settled for less with my SS 1LE. I had a 4th gen I modified to 505 naturally-aspirated crank horsepower (so about 430 to the rear wheels). That was enough for me to keep it drivable. It ran consistent 12.0 at 116mph in the quarter mile and with added, modest handling mods shamed a Viper GTS at the track (spun out-Road Atlanta). This car, though a few tenths slower in a straight line, still out handles that one. You could add power to improve straight-line (I may too after the warranty runs out), but I'd like to think you would not want to take your already well-balanced car and unbalance it for (road) track and street use. For now, all I am planning to do soon is have the dealer install their GM CAI with its tune and possibly the GM wicker bill. I just don't want to ruin the balance this car has. By the way, have you ever seen how many Mustang owners spin out and crash leaving car meets on YouTube? Just sayin' :-)
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #27
mtlforlife

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
People really need to quit beating on owners for wanting to mod their 1LE's. While being able to hit the track will be fun, I also bought my 1LE because it ticked off all of the personal things I wanted in the package.

With that mine is getting headers, ported IM/TB along with a tune in the coming months. Then next year it is getting a supercharger as well. I will still have fun in it and will smile ear to ear, more so since its my car and is built the way I wanted it.
I just ordered a Heartbeat kit for my 1LE with some customer tuning and fuel system goodies. I went with the 1LE over the regular 1SS, 2SS and ZL1 because it was the best looking of the lot to me.
mtlforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:11 PM   #28
Volat1LE

Drives: CA6 hopeful
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post

Couldn't agree more. There was a thread where someone asked about a line lock for their 1le (because its an option on the ZL1) and all they got was shamed for wanting to drag race their 1le. Is the 1le built for the twisties? Yeah. But it lays down respectable 1/4 mile times too and it's fun to race in any event be it road, drag, auto x, etc. The car is extremely balanced but people get used to the power level their cars are at and why not mod it and make it what you want? This amazing chassis can handle it
Volat1LE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, forced induction, horsepower, modifications