Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #43
gunny27

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Can you delete the 2nd cats using the off road version with AFM Part #60609 without getting a CEL?

Last edited by gunny27; 07-27-2016 at 10:38 AM.
gunny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:17 AM   #44
MAtRiX_757

If I live in a state with no emissions rules, will my car still not be considered street legal with the 2nd cat delete?
MAtRiX_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:55 PM   #45
Lisa@Borla

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
May be a dumb question but I am wondering if it is ok to install the rear section now and then install the x pipe set up later. (The x pipe isn't 't due to ship for several weeks.) will this complicate the install?
I think I remember you asking this in another thread and it being answered, but if it was not answered then sorry for the super late reply...
Yes, you can absolutely do that! That's not a problem at all.

By now you've probably received all the parts so I hope you are enjoying your Borla Exhaust! Feel free to email me at lisac@borla.com for a quicker response if you ever have any more questions.
Lisa@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #46
Lisa@Borla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny27 View Post
Can you delete the 2nd cats using the off road version with AFM Part #60609 without getting a CEL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtRiX_757 View Post
If I live in a state with no emissions rules, will my car still not be considered street legal with the 2nd cat delete?
Sorry for the delayed reply guys...

You shouldn't get a CEL, however, deleting or tampering with cats in any way is not considered "street legal" per the EPA.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #47
gdgraph

Here's some sound clips of my set up, I've got the 60610 x-pipes (street legal w/ AFM) along with the Borla S-type axle back w/ NPP (11924):

gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:44 PM   #48
WallsAndFoundations
IG: Infinite.Drive

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS in Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post

Hey guys!

We are releasing the following X-Pipes and options for the 2016 Camaro SS tomorrow, June 1, so be sure to check out our website!
https://www.borla.com/chevy-2016-cam...haust-systems/

Part #60606 = X-Pipe without AFM (secondary cat-delete; competition/racing use only); This X-pipe assembly bolts on behind the primary cats and eliminates the secondary cats. It does not include AFM valves.

Part #60607 = X-Pipe without AFM (street legal); This X-Pipe is smog legal and eliminates the AFM valves from the system.

Part #60609 = X-Pipe with AFM (secondary cat-delete; competition/racing use only); This X-Pipe assembly includes AFM (Active Fuel Management) valves and eliminates the secondary cats.

Part #60610 = X-Pipe with AFM (street legal); This X-Pipe is smog legal and includes AFM valves.

Part #60608 = Touring Resonator Option; This muffler kit can be used with any of the X-pipe/mid-pipe assemblies to add additional sound attenuation. They are used to attain the "Touring" sound level when used with "S-Type" mufflers. (Touring is Borla's quietest sound level.)

Part #60605 = Add on NPP Valves; These pipes include valves and are intended to add the NPP (dual mode option) to a system that did not come with the necessary valves. They can only be used with mufflers that have dual tips exiting the mufflers. Wiring is not included.

We have already released our NPP Rear Section Exhaust Systems and our Non-NPP Rear Section Exhaust Systems will be released soon. Our rear sections are available in both the "S-Type" and "ATAK" sound levels, however, our "Touring" sound level can be achieved by combining our Touring Resonator Option with our "S-Type" rear section and one of our x-pipes. The Touring Resonator Option is designed to attenuate overall sound. This is perfect for customers looking to reduce the sound level 2-3 dB(A), and the straight-through design will not degrade the performance of your vehicle.

This modular approach allows you to choose just a rear section (axle-back), just an x-pipe, or combine a rear section with an x-pipe to make a full cat-back. You decide how you want to customize your car.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm PST).

Hello Lisa
Question again, what's the diameter of the piping for part # 60607? Interested website shows a blank space for pipe diameter. Thank you!

Fight your mind
WallsAndFoundations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #49
gdgraph

2.75" just like stock, it lists it in the install guide, check page 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallsAndFoundations View Post
Hello Lisa
Question again, what's the diameter of the piping for part # 60607? Interested website shows a blank space for pipe diameter. Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 60607.pdf (3.25 MB, 262 views)
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #50
Lisa@Borla

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallsAndFoundations View Post
Hello Lisa
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! Part # 60607 is 2.75".
Old 02-07-2017, 12:33 AM   #51
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Does the 60608 mid-pipe offer the same "attenuation" with the factory NPP muffler & modes? Looking to calm the tone and start up of the NPP system a little bit.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #52
WallsAndFoundations

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
2.75" just like stock, it lists it in the install guide, check page 2.
Thank you! Didn't think to check install guide. Cheers!

Fight your mind
Old 02-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #53
WallsAndFoundations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! Part # 60607 is 2.75".
Thank you! Ordered and awaiting arrival.

Fight your mind

Tags
2016 camaro, borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust system