Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Tire & Wheel Warranties

Without a doubt, the second best purchase I made on January 31, 2017 was the Tire & Wheel Warranty to go with my best purchase, my Camaro Fifty 2SS Vert.

Yesterday I got a low psi alert on my right front tire. Pulled over and went to nearest Chevy dealer. They put air in and we listened to the air whistle out of a small, nearly invisible hole in the sidewall. I could put my finger in front of the hole and feel the hot air streaming out. When they looked at all my other tires, they noticed a bubble in my left front tire and agreed that both tires needed to be replaced. They, however, did not have them in stock. So they pumped me back up to 40 psi I drove in runflat mode to the dealer where I bought the car. Was at 3 psi by the time I got there. They had tires in stock and replaced both under warranty. The right front had been replaced early in the life of the car for the same type of bubble that the left front had yesterday (broken steel belt). So now I have had three tires replaced under the warranty.

Would have cost me $586 without the warranty.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #2
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

While I was there waiting for my car, I meandered around the inventory and saw a couple interesting things. One guess what’s lurking under the cover. Then I saw a new color for the ‘19 Corvette. I forget what it’s called, but it is essentially a very light Dove Gray with some purplish tint. I like!
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 06-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
That looks to be a new ZR1 under the car cover.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
mmadden2

Drives: '12 LaCrosse, '14 Encore, '17 2SS
I'm glad you got your tires replaced, but what are the details on the wheel and tire warranty? Did you get your money back out of it yet?
Old 06-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #5
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadden2 View Post
I'm glad you got your tires replaced, but what are the details on the wheel and tire warranty? Did you get your money back out of it yet?
First time we bought a T&W was my wife’s 2012 Volt. Then her 2017 Volt, then my Camaro. All three have paid off within the first 18 months. Thank Michigan Road Commission.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #6
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
You don't have a spare?
Old 06-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #7
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
man I wish I had done that.
I had a regal gs and all four tires were plugged more than once in a month period.

got the Camaro and had two flats within a week of buying,
had another in the rear that had a hole (stupid me believing them when they told me they cant be fixed).
and ended up being 790 with installation on the first two and 260 on the last.

my brother got the T&W warranty on his Silverado (works at GM in warren) and loves the Michigan roads as well and ended up having to use the warranty over the winter and just two weeks ago.
said it was a full replacement with no out of pocket cost.
two mishaps and it paiditself off.

I'm glad that didn't blow on you while driving, that warped tire looks extremely dangerous.

definitely kicking myself over denying the coverage.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #8
Stiesel84

Drives: 2018 2SS NFG 6MT
Glad to see this post! I too went ahead with the warranty to cover wheels/tires. Living in central PA the roads are well known for pot holes and sinkholed macadam. You either scrapin’ or bottomin out if you’re not careful.
AQJ - Leather Trimmed/Sueded Inserts Recaros
H0Y - Jet Black Trim
IO6 - Radio w/ NAV
F55 - Magnetic Ride Control
NPP - Dual Mode Performance Exhaust
56K - 20" Polished Wheels w/ Black Star Center

Added:
LED Reverse Lights
Oracle Color Match Clear Sidemarkers
Chevrolet Perfomance Red Stitch Floormats
Red Vinyl Grill Accents
KN Drop-In Filter
Mishimoto w/ Red Hoses
Stiesel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:22 PM   #9
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
You don't have a spare?
Nope. Runflats.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #10
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Without a doubt, the second best purchase I made on January 31, 2017 was the Tire & Wheel Warranty to go with my best purchase, my Camaro Fifty 2SS Vert.

Yesterday I got a low psi alert on my right front tire. Pulled over and went to nearest Chevy dealer. They put air in and we listened to the air whistle out of a small, nearly invisible hole in the sidewall. I could put my finger in front of the hole and feel the hot air streaming out. When they looked at all my other tires, they noticed a bubble in my left front tire and agreed that both tires needed to be replaced. They, however, did not have them in stock. So they pumped me back up to 40 psi I drove in runflat mode to the dealer where I bought the car. Was at 3 psi by the time I got there. They had tires in stock and replaced both under warranty. The right front had been replaced early in the life of the car for the same type of bubble that the left front had yesterday (broken steel belt). So now I have had three tires replaced under the warranty.

Absolutely Recommend!
... -

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:25 PM   #11
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Tire & Wheel warranty?

Was not offered that. How can one go about getting that from GM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:31 PM   #12
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS50 View Post
Tire & Wheel warranty?

Was not offered that. How can one go about getting that from GM?
Not from GM. It’s a separate package offered by the dealer.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #13
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Guys, please please please do not drive around without a spare tire. I don't care if it has to ride in your backseat. It makes ZERO since to not have one. Why put yourselves in these types of situations?
Old 06-24-2018, 02:23 AM   #14
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Guys, please please please do not drive around without a spare tire. I don't care if it has to ride in your backseat. It makes ZERO since to not have one. Why put yourselves in these types of situations?
He said his is run flat.
Chef-j is offline   Reply With Quote