Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-27-2016, 10:17 AM   #29
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
Cool, i am waiting for the Borla Exhaust but i guess they are doing the Camaro turbo first!
Parts are released - https://www.borla.com/chevy-camaro-v6-exhaust-systems/

If you're referring to our Camaro6 V6 video, it's been shot and we're in the process of editing it.
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #30
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
On a somewhat related note.. I wonder what GM's reasoning was with putting an un-monitored cat downstream from the monitored cat. They must be using it to reduce how much pollution they are rating the camaro at for federal regulations, but by being un-monitored, the emissions tests are only going to give them what the first set of cats are outputting anyway since nobody uses the sniffer test anymore cept obd1 cars. Just seems to me that both should be monitored if you're not gonna sniff test.
Let me start this post by saying I don't have a direct answer from a GM engineer, though I'm working on getting that for you guys through our relationship with GM. So, pending an answer from them, which I may not get, here's my best shot at contributing to figuring this out.

From what I remember in my experience modifying exhaust systems over the last decade, German automakers were the first to use secondary cats. When I posed this question to the BMW engineers across the street from us in California they told me secondary cats are necessary to combat greenhouse emissions from "cold start" because catalytic converters had become so good that once they're at the correct temperature they do an almost perfect job, making cold start the big problem. In fact, they said that more pollutants were released to the atmosphere in the first 30 seconds, before the cats are hot enough, than at any other time.

I think the idea is that full catalysis is not achieved in the primary cats until they're hot so the secondary cats provide a larger catalysis area that allows additional catalysis to take place during cold start. Once the primary cats have reached the right operating temperature, catalysis is so good that there are no remaining pollutants for the secondary cats to remove which means they aren't really doing anything after the first 30 seconds or so. This might be why they're not monitored because by the time you get to the SMOG station your primary cats are already hot.

While you don't have to test for cold start in your SMOG test, GM does have to demonstrate that their cars are clean on cold start, and the EPA testing for an OEM is far more sophisticated than a local SMOG test.

Most importantly, as you all know, if you want to drive your Camaro on the street, cats of any kind cannot be legally removed or relocated under either CARB or EPA rules.
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #31
Lisa@Borla

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
Parts are released - https://www.borla.com/chevy-camaro-v6-exhaust-systems/

If you're referring to our Camaro6 V6 video, it's been shot and we're in the process of editing it.
Hey guys,

As David stated, our 2016 Camaro V6 video has indeed been shot and our videographers are working hard to edit all the footage. That said, here are some still shots from the filming for you all to see...

Name:  2016 Camaro V6.00_49_49_01.Still004.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  107.5 KB

Name:  2016 Camaro V6.00_49_39_12.Still002.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  116.8 KB

Name:  2016 Camaro V6.00_49_44_09.Still003.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  88.4 KB

Stay Tuned!!
Lisa@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #32
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post
Hey guys,

As David stated, our 2016 Camaro V6 video has indeed been shot and our videographers are working hard to edit all the footage. That said, here are some still shots from the filming for you all to see...

Attachment 823173

Attachment 823174

Attachment 823175

Stay Tuned!!
Now this picture shows the dual tips.

When David just said "parts are out" does that mean YES for SINGLE tipped owners?

If so I'm ordering Friday on payday...

If not....

YA KILLIN ME, SMALLS!!!

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:41 PM   #33
keysersoze

Drives: 16 Camaro
Where can you buy the NPP rear end of the car if you have single tip? any ideas?
keysersoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:01 AM   #34
bdar66

Drives: 2016 camaro lt2 rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
Where can you buy the NPP rear end of the car if you have single tip? any ideas?
you can buy a new valance from gm. they sell them for their npp witch will still fit the non npp. plus its gloss black instead of gray
bdar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #35
keysersoze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdar66 View Post
you can buy a new valance from gm. they sell them for their npp witch will still fit the non npp. plus its gloss black instead of gray
I cannot find the part and I've been looking for some time now. do you know the PN#? or any other info?
Old 09-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #36
Lisa@Borla

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Now this picture shows the dual tips.

When David just said "parts are out" does that mean YES for SINGLE tipped owners?

If so I'm ordering Friday on payday...

If not....

YA KILLIN ME, SMALLS!!!

Our exhaust systems for the Non-NPP 2016-2017 Camaro V6 are making their way through the final stages of our product release process and are not currently available yet. Sorry about that! If you want to be notified when the parts are released, you can fill out this form and you will get an email when the parts you're looking for are available for purchase: https://www.borla.com/chevy-2016-cam...ms/#NotifyForm

Here are the Part #s that you are waiting for:
BORLA Part # 11928 = Non-NPP 2016-2017 Camaro V6 Axle-Back (S-Type)
BORLA Part # 11929 = Non-NPP 2016-2017 Camaro V6 Axle-Back (ATAKŽ)

Stay tuned and check back:
https://www.borla.com/chevy-2016-cam...tems/#CamaroV6
Lisa@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:37 AM   #37
bdar66

Drives: 2016 camaro lt2 rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
I cannot find the part and I've been looking for some time now. do you know the PN#? or any other info?
hmmm i was under the impression that you could get the valance by its self.. but i guys you cant any more.. i know if you order the gm kit retailed at 1900 you get it in there. but i cant find it by its self any more.
bdar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #38
GhostEye07

Drives: '16 Camaro 2LT RS
really excited to hear what it sounds like!
Old 09-30-2016, 11:29 AM   #39
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdar66 View Post
hmmm i was under the impression that you could get the valance by its self.. but i guys you cant any more.. i know if you order the gm kit retailed at 1900 you get it in there. but i cant find it by its self any more.
You should be able to. Go to one of the GM parts direct sites. Under body section for a 2016 lt, it was listed as 137 or so for the single tip valence and about 157 for the dual tip one.
All else fails...cut it

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 09-30-2016, 12:26 PM   #40
keysersoze

Awesome. I found it here http://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/chevro...me=lower-cover

Thanks guys!
Old 09-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #41
adrian1996
@mart_add

Drives: 2016 1LT Camaro
please release the video soon !
adrian1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:50 AM   #42
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1996 View Post
please release the video soon !
X1000

Tags
borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust, exhaust systems