Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 12-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Trap door?

Not sure if I put this in the correct forum but essentially I have a CEL for fuel level sensors and I need to replace my fuel pump. I've been seeing people have done this with older model Camaros and am wondering if anyone has done it with the 5th Gen or not. If so how easy was it? How do I do it? Any DIYs out there on this? I have no idea where to even begin with this. I can get my dad to help as he works on cars all the time but need some insight on where to even begin...
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I don't have a DIY but I did it. Be very careful as there is not any room in the front of the tank where you have to cut. But it worked and if I need to gain access again it will be easy. There was not any way I was removing the cradle for this. I have some pictures of the cut and the door if I can find them. You can PM me and I will try to find them for you. Not very informative but may help to show the location. I do know there was a thread several years ago showing better information.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Saw this with a quick search for "fuel pump"
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...89#post5708189
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #4
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I sent the OP my pictures of what I did and a brief description of what to watch out for. There is very little space between the fuel tank and the body.

The above link is good as well. Wish him the best. This is one of those things that are not for the squeamish.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote