Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-08-2016, 08:50 AM   #43
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I don't let others drive my prime vehicles, simply for the fact that other people will not have the same expectations for your car as you will. I am very picky even when I handle my own cars, so I avoid the subject of other people driving my car. If an emergency comes about then one will do whatever is necessary, but for normal driving then each should have their own vehicle.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:47 PM   #44
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Ouch! Know that feeling as well... a friend of mine got out of my car and the door got away from him... slammed it into a fire hydrant! My heart dropped!

After a week or so afterwards, I got it fixed with paintless dent repair. At first I was skeptical that it would come out due to where the dent was... but the local guy here in Pomona handled it like a champ. Good as new again!

S&*t happens... that's for sure...

OP, take it easy on your sis, k?

Any pics of what the door looks like now?

That's a tough one for PDR right on the door edge like that. Usually, they can't guarantee 100% correction on an edge dent. Also, looks like the paint got chipped too.
The_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:01 PM   #45
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
Any pics of what the door looks like now?

That's a tough one for PDR right on the door edge like that. Usually, they can't guarantee 100% correction on an edge dent. Also, looks like the paint got chipped too.

They never guarantee 100 percent. His initial words on that was 95 percent. So I let him go at it... he did great work.

I haven't taken any close up pics but there are pics around posted showing the side as fixed.

I'll get some pics sent to you and the contact of the guy that did the work your way if you like. Just PM me.

As for the paint, it was more paint from the fire hydrant than mine. My car is silver and these tiny imperfections don't show easily as you probably know. If there's anything there, its so small its hardly noticeable. Hasn't caught my eye at least.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #46
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
They never guarantee 100 percent. His initial words on that was 95 percent. So I let him go at it... he did great work.

I haven't taken any close up pics but there are pics around posted showing the side as fixed.

I'll get some pics sent to you and the contact of the guy that did the work your way if you like. Just PM me.

As for the paint, it was more paint from the fire hydrant than mine. My car is silver and these tiny imperfections don't show easily as you probably know. If there's anything there, its so small its hardly noticeable. Hasn't caught my eye at least.

That's good to hear. I'm glad he was able to fix it. They can do amazing work. Your car is one of my favorites on here. Do you participate in any car clubs in the Inland Empire area?
The_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #47
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Thanks man.

And no, I've not participated in any local clubs... yet. Been pretty busy with work of late and I've enjoyed my weekends by just driving this bad boy. But maybe one day soon.

I took a closer pic of the repair for you... here you go. Looks like there is a bit of paint chipped in a couple of places like you said. But again, its so small I didn't really think much of it. It looks like those chips you get when you simply drive your car.

Easily fixed with some touch up paint. I'm just glad the dent is gone.
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #48
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaliwal559 View Post
luckily it's still primer, I still need to get it painted
No real issue then. At least you'll never know this happened once it's painted. And the splitter is detachable.

I curbed my fear GFX exhaust bezel 2 weeks ago ever so slightly and made a fuss of it on these forums. People had to remind me I was shoving my phone *under* the car to see it and that no normal person would be able to tell. It was more of a pride thing for me because I parked in an empty lot, just one that happened to have an old concrete barrier not in spec with new laws because it was in an older part of the city. By going out of my way to park in the back and be cautious, I screwed myself over.

If i wanted it fixed, I might need to remove the GFX diffuser. But my exhaust tips are welded on and run through the diffuser itself. No easy way out. Not worth it.

Crap happens. If you drive your car anything other than on a straight road to a car show, it will get nicked, scratched, chipped, and dented.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #49
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Kick her fender in. That'll teach her
Old 07-09-2016, 11:25 PM   #50
tabio42

Drives: CTS-V
This thread confuses me. I am reading about people's sisters but I don't see any pics. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tabio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #51
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
With the visibility from the cockpit on these cars it's just a bad idea to let anyone drive your car.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #52
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
With the visibility from the cockpit on these cars it's just a bad idea to let anyone drive your car.
Driving is fine. Park, no way José. Not even I can park my own car in crowded areas after owning it for 3+ years. Forget parallel parking too.

I'm thinking either a Chevy Sonic hatch or Ford Focus hatch would be a better city driver. I'm considering it myself as a 2nd car.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scrape, splitter