Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #57
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Can't you Mustang guys go argue on your own site???

lol I'm kidding.

But seriously...the interior should be completely different. (will be)
Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #58
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
I don't know, you can't really beat the look the first gen camaro. It might go 1st gen, 6th gen, ... in terms of the best looking camaro.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:39 PM   #59
ecoswag1990

Drives: 2015 Mustang EB Performance Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

lol I'm kidding.

LOL
Ford Racing Catback
ecoswag1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:39 PM   #60
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoswag1990 View Post
I sure hope they do something big about those interiors because it looks like absolute crap in the previous model years. I started to test drive a 2014 until I saw the interior
Welcome to the forum, please feel free to offer your opinion at any time, we value all opinions...
Old 04-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #61
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:

lol I'm kidding.

I'd post a little on Mustang6G, but they banned me. Lol. People don't like it when you call out bullshit.. You're immediately a fanboy even though you own the same brand of car as them.

Now, let's see the sixth gen and get me into one!
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #62
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
5th gen is a very good looking car...even stock. But over time its natural to become "numb" to the look when back in 2009 everyone's eyeballs we're popping out just to get a look at one.

So that's why I modded mine! Keeps it fresh, and keeps is looking great. I will always mod any "fun" vehicle of mine....I can't keep em stock lol
You have false memories about the Camaro in 2009. I never once saw anybody tripping over themselves to see it.

Modded they have potential, but look at one next to a 1st gen. They are huge. Hoping GM fixed the car.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #63
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
You have false memories about the Camaro in 2009. I never once saw anybody tripping over themselves to see it.

Modded they have potential, but look at one next to a 1st gen. They are huge. Hoping GM fixed the car.
I think you have clouded memory about the Gen5. Puchased mine in 2011, two years after they had been on the streets. I regularly had people trying to get pictures with it in gas stations. Thumbs up everywhere I drove. People staring. My daughter was shocked by the attention we got. Even today, I get more compliments on this car than any other car I've ever owned. I'm surprised by it myself.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:50 PM   #64
JoeYock

Drives: 2016 BVM 2LT RS V6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I think you have clouded memory about the Gen5. Puchased mine in 2011, two years after they had been on the streets. I regularly had people trying to get pictures with it in gas stations. Thumbs up everywhere I drove. People staring. My daughter was shocked by the attention we got. Even today, I get more compliments on this car than any other car I've ever owned. I'm surprised by it myself.
Oh yea, I was 17 when the 5th gen came out and I was definitely one of those people searching to see one and taking pictures!
JoeYock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #65
HuJass

Drives: GM
I think we'll find, over time, that the 5th gen was lightning in a bottle.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #66
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

False memories?

I had one of the very first in my area. This is not something that I think I just heard, or that I think I just saw other people doing to other 5th gens...it was my car.

I had people gawking at me on the highway...thumbs up everywhere. I had an entire family in an SUV track me down into a grocery store parking lot. I also had the haters flipping me off in my car. I had girls yelling at me. Grown men motioning at me to put my window down so they could tell me they loved my car. Cops waving at me on the street. Harley riders waving.

I know exactly what the 1st gen looks like. Its a fine looking car.....modded. (That's how I feel...opposite of your 5th gen needs to be modded view). I say 1st and 5th are the best so far, but in my eyes, 5th takes the cake.

So the size is bigger...so is Mustang, and just about everything else. That the car needs to be "fixed" is your opinion. I'd like to see the car get a tad smaller, so we can agree on that. But it doesn't mean I think the 5th gen needs fixing either.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #67
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:

You are the one with the false memories... When I got my 2010 I couldn't go anywhere without playing 20 questions....... I even got thumbs up from cops.... And today with my 2012 Convertible it still gets lots of attention. Yesterday I stopped by the post office to mail a package and there was a guy getting into his SUV looking the car over then said how beautiful it was and it was an awesome car...
We have a false memory, nope....
Old 05-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #68
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
My experience is a little different.

Got mine in 2011 - even then it totally commanded attention. Got about two years of that. Wasn't until the last year or two that they sort of became old hat. (Seriously, when a 5 year old LS that was only $22k to begin with hits the used market - every kid with a couple of bucks snags one. These cars are everywhere now.)

Sure, you can mod the crap out of it and still draw attention, but that's true of any car.

My guess is that the 6th gen (at least as far as we know it to look) isn't going to have the same head-turning appeal simply because it's similar to what's out there.

When the 5th gen debuted there was simply nothing like it on the road. The 6th gen is falling (looks-wise) right in the ballpark with the 5th gen and the C7. Quite frankly, we've seen cars that look like it.

Seems to me the 5th gen was about getting a car out there that looked stunning and like nothing else. The 6th gen is about refining that look (I say 'homogenizing', but to each his own) and finally delivering performance.

I'm sure it will draw attention like any sports/muscle car does, but nothing like those got with the first couple of model years on the 5th gen.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #69
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Yep it's true. It was almost annoying the attention the car got. Felt like I was driving around an exotic or something.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #70
fradaj

Drives: RS
I don't see a lot of Gen 5 Camaro's on the road but when I do I still appreciate how cool of a design they are, I especially like the mostly stock/original ones.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote