Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-13-2015, 11:08 AM   #253
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Which is why I'm waiting.
You gonna keep the ZL1 too?
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #254
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
I'm not a racer and don't care about variables like how much heavier a car is, etc. As far as just a daily driver and buying a car for looks, appeal, etc is what I go buy. Yes, the GT350 is a lot more flashier car, but in gereneral, my opinion is the new Mustang, be it 5.0 or whatever is a damn nice looking car. In my opinion at least. GM dropped the ball on the 2010 Camaro if you ask me. Now, I realize I'm talking to a bunch of Camaro purists and many of you would buy shit on a stick if GM released it and called it a Camaro. But, compared to the unchanged 2008 Challenger and the new Mustang, GM needs to step up their game is all I'm saying. They did a hell of a job with the new C7 so I know they are capable. I'm speaking solely from a design point of view, not performance like the bad ass Z28...so, everyone don't get their panties in a wad and send a lynch mob after me.

wtf?, GM doesn't need to step up anything, the camaro its a great looking car.. the 2010 won as best car design, so you maybe have bad taste, and that comment about stick on a shit... you deserve the F bomb for that, but I would get banned.. nah you are not worth to get a lynch mob that would give you to much credit..
Old 03-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #255
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
You gonna keep the ZL1 too?
Way to early to tell. I love my ZL1 so maybe keep it for a daily. But I'd like to get a truck to pull my track car(s). So many vehicles so little money
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #256
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
wtf?, GM doesn't need to step up anything, the camaro its a great looking car.. the 2010 won as best car design, so you maybe have bad taste, and that comment about stick on a shit... you deserve the F bomb for that, but I would get banned.. nah you are not worth to get a lynch mob that would give you to much credit..
I agree that his comment was harsh, but at the same time, I feel like the interior of the 5th gen was poor in both design and materials used. I actually had my heart set on buying a Camaro a couple years ago, but never pulled the trigger, because the interior was Cobalt worthy (which I know, because the car I was getting rid of was a Cobalt). Hard plastics everywhere, crap leather, the screen looked like a thrown in afterthought, and those knobs were an atrocity.

I would still love to get into a Camaro, but I refuse to do so if the interior isn't up to par on all fronts. I'm not expecting a luxury level interior, but the design needs to be tasteful and cohesive, the panels need to be solid and not rattle, and soft touch materials would be nice so you don't have scuffs everywhere. Oh, and let's get some decent leather in there. These cars cost well over $40k loaded up, so lets make it feel like it costs that much on the inside. If $20k cars can have these features, so can the Camaro.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:54 PM   #257
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Cobalt interior was terrible. Camaro wasn't good but it was at least acceptable, especially after the '12 refresh.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:11 PM   #258
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Cobalt interior was terrible. Camaro wasn't good but it was at least acceptable, especially after the '12 refresh.
Should have added that caveat. I was looking at a pre-refresh Camaro interior.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:16 PM   #259
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I can agree on the interior the '12 + are on a different level than the initial 5th Gen interior. Still nothing European level but pretty nice.

I'm figuring the 6th Gen will remedy this. The C7 Vette has a fantastic interior. Hopefully it's just a sign of the Camaro's future.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #260
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I can agree on the interior the '12 + are on a different level than the initial 5th Gen interior. Still nothing European level but pretty nice.

I'm figuring the 6th Gen will remedy this. The C7 Vette has a fantastic interior. Hopefully it's just a sign of the Camaro's future.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Agreed. I don't need the carbon fiber dash but if the interior of the 6th gen looks similar...I will be happy.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:35 AM   #261
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I agree that his comment was harsh, but at the same time, I feel like the interior of the 5th gen was poor in both design and materials used. I actually had my heart set on buying a Camaro a couple years ago, but never pulled the trigger, because the interior was Cobalt worthy (which I know, because the car I was getting rid of was a Cobalt). Hard plastics everywhere, crap leather, the screen looked like a thrown in afterthought, and those knobs were an atrocity.

I would still love to get into a Camaro, but I refuse to do so if the interior isn't up to par on all fronts. I'm not expecting a luxury level interior, but the design needs to be tasteful and cohesive, the panels need to be solid and not rattle, and soft touch materials would be nice so you don't have scuffs everywhere. Oh, and let's get some decent leather in there. These cars cost well over $40k loaded up, so lets make it feel like it costs that much on the inside. If $20k cars can have these features, so can the Camaro.

people today is so picky, the camaro has never gotten premium interior, that was job for the firebird or in this case the new camaro performance brother the cts-v, nor my 82 or my 2001 have more than plastic and leather, my father 2011 2ss, was amazing and that interior was my favorite part of the car, because everywhere I looked at, it made me remember I was in a Muscle car, but people its always just looking at the bad side, its never enough... most people don't realize the camaro was designed and build when GM was facing the decisive years to close or be saved (2006-2009) specially 2009 when the imminent GM bankruptcy made people panic... GM could have just cancel the camaro project, but they didn't, the build a performance car in the middle of the biggest economical crisis the company ever had...

still somebody want to complain about the 2010 (2009) camaro interior?

now GM its much stronger, and they have keep working on the camaro, all of the new cars are beautifull and modern, GM learned from their mistakes and they give us the ZL1, 1lE, the 45th edition, the COPO, the Z/28 and now they worked with SLP to bring back the Yenko... some people just cant realize how close we where to not get a 5 gen camaro at all... and they made Offensive comments like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
many of you would buy shit on a stick if GM released it and called it a Camaro.
now this really piss me off
Old 03-14-2015, 02:32 AM   #262
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
GM could have just cancel the camaro project, but they didn't, the build a performance car in the middle of the biggest economical crisis the company ever had...

some people just cant realize how close we where to not get a 5 gen camaro at all... and they made Offensive comments like this...
Summers, I get where you are coming from and as much as I appreciate the enthusiasm, you are apparently either very young, or simply new to the hobby. GM DID cancel the Camaro project....for 8years! Do you have any idea the kick in the balls that was for us GM loyalists? The people that rocked the " Pimp slap MUSTANGS" shirts? Those that were at the track every weekend and the local scene every other day? Those of us that fought off the constant "archaic pushrod 350" ridicule? Rollin a Z28 when 20 other cars in the lot are a Stang? The insult? I know GMs reasons. I wont argue the FINANCIAL/political/contractual justification for ceasing production. So, rightfully, I wont. But to act like GM did us some huge favor by producing a 3800lb, Matchbox car interior, 5th gen is bullshit. We dont owe GM anything. THEY OWE US. The consumer. The enthusiests. The people that wave the Camaro/GM flag proudly. We deserve it, and we pay damn good money for it. I have high faith in the 6th gen, and hope that GM does what they are implicating they will. If the ATS is any indication, we will be back on top soon.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:58 AM   #263
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
people today is so picky, the camaro has never gotten premium interior, that was job for the firebird or in this case the new camaro performance brother the cts-v, nor my 82 or my 2001 have more than plastic and leather, my father 2011 2ss, was amazing and that interior was my favorite part of the car, because everywhere I looked at, it made me remember I was in a Muscle car, but people its always just looking at the bad side, its never enough... most people don't realize the camaro was designed and build when GM was facing the decisive years to close or be saved (2006-2009) specially 2009 when the imminent GM bankruptcy made people panic... GM could have just cancel the camaro project, but they didn't, the build a performance car in the middle of the biggest economical crisis the company ever had...

still somebody want to complain about the 2010 (2009) camaro interior?

now GM its much stronger, and they have keep working on the camaro, all of the new cars are beautifull and modern, GM learned from their mistakes and they give us the ZL1, 1lE, the 45th edition, the COPO, the Z/28 and now they worked with SLP to bring back the Yenko... some people just cant realize how close we where to not get a 5 gen camaro at all... and they made Offensive comments like this...

Gladly. It is substandard by nearly every measure. When it launched, it was ONLY trying to be better than the Mustang interior in 2008. Sadly the Mustang got an upgraded interior shortly after leaving the Camaro in the dust.

It was some vague attempt at retro that really didn't get pulled off that well. It was very poor material selections and it was done at a time when NAV/My Link screens were expensive and GM was rationalizing that no one actually bought them, brought their own NAV into the car.

It launched without NAV, digital or dual temp controls. It launched without a height adjustment for the passenger seat. It launched and maintained horrid outward vision.

And one of the biggest fails was not getting the ambient lighting to go across the IP to match the doors, a point discussed at length in this site.

It has a hard plastic top on the IP, hard plastic top on the door trim.

Yes, much of this was corrected over the years, but slapping Alcantera on a hard plastic IP doesn't make for great IP. It's an attempt to cover up a poor one.

It is currently the poorest interior on a Chevy product.

Seriously, can you imagine launching a car that requires anyone in the passenger seat under 5'4" tall to either bring a pillow or a book because they can't see over the belt line? That is not a well executed interior. That alone should be a "never again" at GM.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed every minute of every Camaro I've driven. But the interior was pretty bad from start and only got slightly better by adding things back in.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:13 AM   #264
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I guess some just forgot....

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/12/w...award-winners/

Camaro won the Ward's Auto best interior for 2010...
Old 03-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #265
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I guess some just forgot....

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/12/w...award-winners/

Camaro won the Ward's Auto best interior for 2010...
No one forgot..............at least I didn't. But it remains a pretty poor interior regardless of the award.

Oh, and just looking at that photo reminds me of the constant complaining about that awesome steering wheel...........which I actually didn't mind but most people picked on.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #266
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Way to early to tell. I love my ZL1 so maybe keep it for a daily. But I'd like to get a truck to pull my track car(s). So many vehicles so little money
I'm going the opposite direction. I'll get a gen6 for a daily driver and keep and mod the ZL1. The gen6 should be a better overall car in terms of refinement whereas the ZL1 has proven it can take a kickin and keep on ticking.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation