Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-15-2018, 12:52 PM   #29
The Alien

Drives: 2017 2SS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by awpti View Post
I'm leaning towards android auto. It does not crash when connected to my work iPhone w/ CarPlay.
Me too I was having BT and using Android Auto as well. I left the car few minutes just for some chores and when back, everything was dead.

AA is great except for some App flaws (not car related) but having the Bluetooth is useful when you keep your phone in the pocket and don't want to connect it every time.

Another symptom that lets me think about the memory dump is that I have some strange behaviors on my instrument cluster.

did you see the "Information" "Performance" views you can select and scroll down on the instrument cluster? You can customize it from setting and hide/show some pages for these menus.

When the display was blank, a couple of times days ago and now definitely, I noticed that the pages settings were altered, some views I was sure to have were hidden and others (like the Timer that I've disabled) are shown back.

I'm afraid it's a design flaw not easy to fix combined with a very bad luck
The Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:41 AM   #30
The Alien

Drives: 2017 2SS Covertible
Update:
after 8 days the baby is back home.

They replaced (they said) the HMI and for now it's back to work.

I'm still not sure about the quality of the work done, for example they disconnected the GPS alarm without notice and other minor issues but at least the infotainment is on.

I will keep you posted if there is any change.

By the way, after some research, it seems the issue is a defective chip inside the HMI, more precisely, it seems the system can't write correctly the data dump while shutting down into the SSD memory and it corrupts some files.

that's why reprogramming it works for few days and then the issues is back.

this problem affects Camaro and Malibu as well.

Last edited by The Alien; 07-08-2018 at 01:16 PM.
The Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #31
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
yeah they tried to say my dash cam was causing the issue on mine as well. They are quick to blame any 3rd party devices in the car, my fear is GM doesnt want to admit to the faulty chip or the fact the OTA updates thru the Onstar system and corrupting the files in the HMI.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote