Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #29
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
I wanted to post a quick update after an event that I was able to do. Under full load the tire will rub the inside of the fender lip. It appears to barely rub, as I had no idea it was doing this until I pulled the wheel off to do brakes. I just happened to grab the fender lip and felt, then saw, some rub marks. This was after a session on track (Laguna Seca), I don't believe you can get the same amount of load on the street. So to restate, the 19x11 +11 w/ 5mm spacer will rub the outside fender lip. I don't suspect any issues once the 5mm spacer is no longer used (Moreno camber plates, or less knuckle-camber).
hmm good to know, thanks Sean. If it's a very slight rubbing maybe adding a bit more camber up front might solve that rubbing issue
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:17 PM   #30
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Probably, but the car is maxed to what the factory will allow. I am going to run camber plates which will allow me to zero out the knuckle-camber, which in turn will allow me to remove the 5mm spacer, thus hopefully preventing any rubbing.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #31
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Probably, but the car is maxed to what the factory will allow. I am going to run camber plates which will allow me to zero out the knuckle-camber, which in turn will allow me to remove the 5mm spacer, thus hopefully preventing any rubbing.
A little off topic but once you do get those camber plates you'll fall in love with dialing in way more camber than the 2* you can get from the plates if you leave the knuckle camber at zero. I was running about 1.5* at the knuckle and 1.5* on the camber plate and I still feel like I could go with more.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #32
seanblurr

To clarify, I should have stated that when I meant zeroing out the knuckle I didn't mean actually putting it to zero. I'm at -2.6 right now and it can use a slight bit more, will probably run -2.9 and get some temps from there.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:06 AM   #33
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
To clarify, I should have stated that when I meant zeroing out the knuckle I didn't mean actually putting it to zero. I'm at -2.6 right now and it can use a slight bit more, will probably run -2.9 and get some temps from there.
You were able to get -2.6 just from the knuckle? That's awesome.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #34
Tachitup

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE M6; previous 2018 ZL1
Quote:
I'd be curious what your tire temps are at -2.6 and -2.9 camber. Am I correct that you're running 305 NT01's ?
Tachitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #35
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
A 19x 11 38mm offset with a 305/30/19 tire will have no clearance or rub issues right? Seems to be plenty of room
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:03 PM   #36
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzySS View Post
A 19x 11 38mm offset with a 305/30/19 tire will have no clearance or rub issues right? Seems to be plenty of room
It shouldn't since there's plenty of wiggle room on the rears (unlike the fronts)
So far I heard someone put a 19x12" with +50 offset and I have been using 19x11" +25mm with 325s in the rear with no issues. I maxed out the camber in the rears though
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:36 PM   #37
seanblurr

I've used a 19x11 +36 in the rear.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #38
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Ok thanks for the input guys
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #39
Lipa

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50 Anniversary Editi
So will they fit on a stock SS without mag ride??
Lipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #40
Lipa

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50 Anniversary Editi
Quote:
So I was lucky enough to be able to try a set of ZL1 1LE wheels on my SS 1LE tonight to test the fitment. A few people, including myself, were very interested to find out the specs of these wheels to determine if they would fit cars with mag ride, well, we know the answer now.

The answer is two fold, and not quite as straight forward as you may think. If you are running aggressive front camber (i.e. anything more than factory) they WILL NOT fit without a spacer. I say again, they DO NOT fit if you have an aggressive front alignment without the use of a 5mm spacer. I currently have -2.6* of camber and the wheels would not bolt up. I had a 3mm spacer laying around and it allowed me to fully bolt up the wheels, however, the lip of the rim just ever so slightly rubbed the strut. I made a u-turn in the street and the metal to metal rub was very noticeable during the turn, fine when driving straight. So what does this mean?

The answer is that if you do not track your car and you maintain the factory alignment specs, these wheels will clear just fine. If you run any added negative camber to the front, you will need a spacer.

For clarification the wheel specs are:
19x11 et11
19x12 et41

As these share the same front wheel specs as the Z28 wheels, which we have seen before, just like those they poke out quite a bit on the front. Add an extra 2mm from what you see in the pictures below to imagine how it would look with a 5mm spacer. Personally , if I were going to run these they would be a track only wheel and the poke wouldn't matter. I'd be hesitant to run these as a street wheel though, as you will get quite a bit of road grime being thrown at the paint.

One solution is the addition of the C7 Z06 fender flare like a fellow member did on his SS 1LE, this would nearly cover the poke at the top of the wheel. Another, more expensive option would be to try to fit the wider ZL1 fenders. Of course, this isn't an issue if you already have a ZL1. We already know how these wheels will look on a ZL1... *cough* ZL1 1LE... *cough*. However , for you ZL1 owners keep in mind that we do share the same mag ride struts, so you too will need a 5mm spacer, thus it will probably poke a tad on your cars as well.

To reiterate, below is an SS 1LE with -2.6* F camber and a 3mm spacer.

So will they fit on a stock SS without mag ride??
Lipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #41
seanblurr

I have no idea man sorry
Old 08-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #42
Pindecko

Drives: Summit white 2SS
Why did you want to go with 11/12 wide wheels for only 305 tires? Wouldn't the 10/11 setup have worked for 285 in the front and 305 in the rear? I'm looking at doing the 20 inch 10/11 with 285/305 and hoping it won't be as tricky a setup as this