Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 12-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #15
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Might want to look at the stupidity involved in the states concerned, not Chevrolet...
I fished for salmon in CA for several years, so I know a little about the toll on marine life. Might want to actually plan ahead with your product development.

I have some great lead paint chips here for you to eat.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 12-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #16
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Hammond
It never rains in Southern California....
Then how does this stuff get into the water?

California 2022. All peasants must travel by foot.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:58 PM   #17
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Or a dump of a state ban internal combustible engines...

You can thank the last president for the current CAFE standard BS as well.
Congress passes laws, but either way - I think we can agree banning gas cars and the mandated CAFE standards are not a good thing for a free market society. Let us choose what we want to drive.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:13 PM   #18
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Congress passes laws, but either way - I think we can agree banning gas cars and the mandated CAFE standards are not a good thing for a free market society. Let us choose what we want to drive.
Newsom won’t be in office in 15yrs. There will be no ban on gas cars. An executive order is not a mandate. It’s a plan of action.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:15 PM   #19
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Newsom won’t be in office in 15yrs. There will be no ban on gas cars. An executive order is not a mandate. It’s a plan of action.
Will he be in office within the coming months?
Old 12-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #20
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
We just need Brembo/Fedoro to produce the C8's Zero-copper Non-Asbestos-Organic (NAO) brake pads in the pad shape for the 6th Gen.

Does this also apply to all replacement pads? Hawk, Carbotech, etc?
I assume so, but have to question because I don't know for sure, at the time of typing this: is the C8 under GM "track warranty"?

I only bring this up because the compound used on the SS, SS 1LE, ZL1 and ZL1 1LE are all the same. I would assume, from deduction of components, it is the same compound on, at least the front brakes, to the V6 and turbo 1LE's, as those have the 4-piston front Brembos. All these cars have GM's "track warranty". If you change the pad, you may risk no longer having a "track warranty" car...

EDIT: Answers to my questions (some good info too):
GM does have their track warranty on the C8, but just the performance models. So, right now, just the Z51.
https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-with-warranty

With that in mind, the question would be if the non-Z51 and Z51 have the same compound. According to Brembo, it seems not: the non-Z51/base has "zero-copper" and the Z51 has "low-met[allic]". I would assume that the Z51 has pads that still may have copper, but extremely low amounts due to the way the pads are termed and knowing how important copper is in performance brake pads.
https://www.brembo.com/en/company/ne...vette-stingray

It seems that Brembo is utilizing Pagid pads in their system for the C8 Z51 (in reference, Brembo has used Ferodo pads in their C7, Camaro 5 and Camaro 6 brake systems; I think the C6 as well).
https://www.stingrayforums.com/threa...termath.84448/

Last edited by Mountain; 12-10-2020 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Added answers to my questions
Old 12-10-2020, 07:26 PM   #21
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
We have the highest taxes, most homeless, and locked down at the moment. I am not sure how they keep this racket up and people keep voting for it. I know I definitely vote for lower taxes, less regulation that kills our jobs, and more freedoms. The last straw for me would be if they decide to start confiscating guns. I am looking at Fl, Tx, or NV for next place, but even those states are starting to turn liberal. Like someone once stated, “I’d rather have dangerous freedom than peaceful slavery.”
Old 12-10-2020, 07:51 PM   #22
Staves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ademarco View Post
We have the highest taxes, most homeless, and locked down at the moment. I am not sure how they keep this racket up and people keep voting for it. I know I definitely vote for lower taxes, less regulation that kills our jobs, and more freedoms. The last straw for me would be if they decide to start confiscating guns. I am looking at Fl, Tx, or NV for next place, but even those states are starting to turn liberal. Like someone once stated, “I’d rather have dangerous freedom than peaceful slavery.”
We also get paid more in many cases. My g/f came from Montana working in construction. She paid less taxes but makes probably $45k more here than any job paid there doing the same thing. Maybe someone should have confiscated the 32 legally bought guns in Nevada used in the biggest mass shooting in US history. My neighbor was there. She came home in a casket. If only she was armed, right? I guess his right to be armed is more important than 50+ dead.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:48 PM   #23
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
We also get paid more in many cases. My g/f came from Montana working in construction. She paid less taxes but makes probably $45k more here than any job paid there doing the same thing. Maybe someone should have confiscated the 32 legally bought guns in Nevada used in the biggest mass shooting in US history. My neighbor was there. She came home in a casket. If only she was armed, right? I guess his right to be armed is more important than 50+ dead.
Sorry for your loss, but you can choose to let the government protect you if you want. I choose to protect myself and family. When they defund the police here, then hope they answer your call.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 12-10-2020, 09:33 PM   #24
nprario

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le HBM
Quote:
Sorry for your loss, but you can choose to let the government protect you if you want. I choose to protect myself and family. When they defund the police here, then hope they answer your call.

Amen.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:19 AM   #25
Staves

Quote:

I think you choose to be paranoid.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:26 AM   #26
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I think you choose to be paranoid.
The defunding of the police and decriminalization of crime is real.

But that is another topic.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:04 AM   #27
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
When TX is too liberal for you, it isn't that you're in the wrong state, it's that you're in the wrong century.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #28
Nitronut

Drives: Duramax, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Fact!!

Closed Thread