Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-01-2017, 12:02 AM   #1
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
A secondary/Muffler delete is all ANYBODY needs.

Stop spending all your hard earned money and get this fellas
250.00!!!!
https://youtu.be/bfI-r7W51yE
Old 03-01-2017, 02:20 AM   #2
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
100% agree. Quit getting gouged on axlebakcs especially.

Muffler Delete for me was 60! Was quoted the same if I wanted 2nd cat deletes! If you can weld good you can save even more money!

No drone on my muffler delete
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:02 AM   #3
Jessyb13

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
+1

Pure engine sounds the best, beautiful tone
Jessyb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:50 AM   #4
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
I've heard muffler-deletes, and have never liked one on a any LS or LT engine, they just sound like loud raspy tractors or something like that, no actual tone. To each their own, tho. There's a difference between sounding loud and sounding good, but I guess that is subjective...
Old 03-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #5
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
100% agree. Quit getting gouged on axlebakcs especially.

Muffler Delete for me was 60! Was quoted the same if I wanted 2nd cat deletes! If you can weld good you can save even more money!

No drone on my muffler delete
Wow that was cheap. You must have had the Non Npp.
With that big ass Npp muffler that made the job a tad more difficult, well a lot more. It would have been 75 otherwise. If you can get the secondary cat deleted DO IT...PLEASE fellas stop spending all $$$$$$$$$.....unless, you like the option to go quiet. But for everyone else and the guys with the fuse pulled LOL....DO IT!!!
Old 03-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #6
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
I've heard muffler-deletes, and have never liked one on a any LS or LT engine, they just sound like loud raspy tractors or something like that, no actual tone. To each their own, tho. There's a difference between sounding loud and sounding good, but I guess that is subjective...
Ummmm yea. Maybe on the V6 I would agree cant lie. But I get stopped EVERYDAY and Asked damn what kind of ExhAust is that? I could put a borla sticker on my windshield and no one know the difference. And it's funny, some of these expensive mufflers are nothing but a delete anyways lmao

Last edited by KILLA BEE; 03-01-2017 at 10:16 AM.
KILLA BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Ummmm yea. Extremely objectionable..I get stopped EVERYDAY and Asked damn what kind of ExhAust is that?
And it's funny, some of these expensive mufflers are nothing but a delete anyways lmao
Some may be, but not all. I pulled mine off some months back to compare, and it is not the same as a muffler delete. The tone is not the same. Plus you get to keep the valve function with a well don't axle back, which many who have it probably don't use, but there are some like me that do.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #8
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Some may be, but not all. I pulled mine off some months back to compare, and it is not the same as a muffler delete. The tone is not the same. Plus you get to keep the valve function with a well don't axle back, which many who have it probably don't use, but there are some like me that do.
That's exactly what I said. ..I said some.....of the exhaust are nothing but a delete anyway. And I said unless you still want to keep the option to make it loud or not. I gotta say say tho listening to my delete video on the SS or any of the other ones
I hear zero difference. BUT hey its objectionable like you said.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #9
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I disagree that this sounds anywhere near as good as my Borla setup, especially with the different modes. But its a free country and we can all do as we please.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #10
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Ummmm yea. Maybe on the V6 I would agree cant lie. But I get stopped EVERYDAY and Asked damn what kind of ExhAust is that? I could put a borla sticker on my windshield and no one know the difference. And it's funny, some of these expensive mufflers are nothing but a delete anyways lmao
Bruh... no.

The outside exhaust note is not the same at all. The untrained ear may not be able to tell a difference when hearing it from the outside, sure, but once inside, trust me... they will hear the difference. With Borla you get a loud and aggressive tone outside without droning inside and still keeping NPP functionality and its all made from quality materials, and that is a luxury that for some is worth the premium. Not everybody may be able and/or willing to pay for it, I understand that. But its worth it... in my opinion, of course lol.

Last edited by Techn9cian805; 03-01-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #11
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Bruh... no.

Lmao well atleast on video it does. I will give my honest opinion when I can hear one in person and make a comparison video..
I know videos do no justice to ANY exhaust system.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Lmao well atleast on video it does. I will give my honest opinion when I can hear one in person and make a comparison video..
I know videos do no justice to ANY exhaust system.
no doubt, thats the truth. what sucks the most about the videos is they don't capture the lower frequencies well, and to even hear them, you need some very good headphones or speakers, but even then you cant adjust the volume to match without a decibel rating and a decibel meter at home... sucks.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #13
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
no doubt, thats the truth. what sucks the most about the videos is they don't capture the lower frequencies well, and to even hear them, you need some very good headphones or speakers, but even then you cant adjust the volume to match without a decibel rating and a decibel meter at home... sucks.
Thats where I feel the major difference will be with borla the inside, apparently it's quiet as shit. I kind of like the little drone I get inside it gives me a rush!!!.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #14
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Wow that was cheap. You must have had the Non Npp.
With that big ass Npp muffler that made the job a tad more difficult, well a lot more. It would have been 75 otherwise. If you can get the secondary cat deleted DO IT...PLEASE fellas stop spending all $$$$$$$$$.....unless, you like the option to go quiet. But for everyone else and the guys with the fuse pulled LOL....DO IT!!!
No npp for me. FOR ME npp is a waste of money. No need to keep quiet. Did a muffler delete to hold me over until i get stainless works full exhaust, which is still too pricey tbh, but at least it's all matched to each other then
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote