Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-28-2017, 07:36 AM   #323
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alec_jan View Post
Would you use the DG Aquawax even with a "wash and wax" rinseless product? Also, are you spraying your drying towel with rinseless in the same concentration or more dilute?
I suppose you could.

I probably use too strong a dilution but I only use it to spritz. My rinseless "spray" bottle is 22oz and I use 1oz of Duragloss and rest is distilled water. I also take this bottle and a couple MF towels when I travel to do quick clean ups.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #324
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I ordered myself a bottle of the Carpro Reload to be used after my rinseless washes. I had been using Optimum Opti-Seal but this Reload stuff is just straight up a better $ value considering you use the same amount of sprays but you get a lot more liquid for your money.

Once my supply of ONR runs out I will switch to ECH2O and maybe cool it on the amount of times I hit it with Reload.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #325
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
So I plan on trying this rinseless car wash since I garage my car and use Blackfire crystal seal.

Do you need to wipe off every panel after you wash it or you can wipe down the entire car after you wash it by hand?

What towel is best to use to wipe down the car to remove the soap?

Who sells the duragloss wash the cheapest?
Old 06-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #326
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
So I plan on trying this rinseless car wash since I garage my car and use Blackfire crystal seal.

Do you need to wipe off every panel after you wash it or you can wipe down the entire car after you wash it by hand?

What towel is best to use to wipe down the car to remove the soap?

You don't want it dry on its own, so it depends on conditions. I prefer to my rinseless wash in the garage and usually will dry it after finish washing whole car. I spritz my drying towel with the rinseless because you don't want to use a completely dry drying towel.

I like the Cobra Guzzler waffle weave towel. I use two, one large and one small. The large one is used to hood, roof, trunk, top 3/4s of side and small one for rest.

I found Duragloss cheapest from Amazon, bought a gallon, use on three vehicles and a year later I still have a little less than half gallon left.

Use good microfiber towels, I usually mix about 2-3 gallons of water/rinse less mix in a bucket and throw in three towels to start. And more towels as needed.

I recently been quartering my towels, meaning I fold it so I can 4 passes per side. Flip over and get 4 more passes but the saturation gets a little thin using this method...

I think this rinseless wash process is most valuable thing I've learned from Glenn, it works great and is time saver. Thanks again Glenn!
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #327
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Rinseless is another thing you don't need to overthink. Put 6 towels in a bucket fill it up with water, dump in 1.5 oz of Rinseless.....then use one sopping wet towel for two panels then discard towel. Dry with a Korean waffle weave towel. The great thing about Rinseless is you can do it anywhere you want, like we did here, 4 yrs ago..........

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/18...rking-lot.html
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #328
SSTony

so wash a panel and wipe it right off with dry towel?
Old 06-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #329
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
so wash a panel and wipe it right off with dry towel?
Yes you should dry each panel after washing, if you let it dry then it will streak and it will be a PITA.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:52 PM   #330
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Yes you should dry each panel after washing, if you let it dry then it will streak and it will be a PITA.
It depends… You just have to use common sense… I do my Rinseless in the garage so therefore I can do the whole car and the car stays wet, so I then use the towel to dry the whole car off. However if I'm doing this , like the link above in the overhead sun in 90°, and I know the stuff is going to dry, I do one panel at a time… It's not rocket science…

But many people are using too much of this product in the wash bucket, 1.5 ounces is more than enough , more than that, and you'll get some streaking
Old 06-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #331
SSTony

I just ordered the Duragloss 16 oz to give it a shot. I did order a weave towel but I got a few microfiber towers I can use as well.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #332
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Autogeek and Autopia Car Care are great places to buy Duragloss. I bought Duragloss 932 in the 128 oz. (gallon) size from Autopia back in late Nov. 2016 for $31.99 after a 20% off discount (sometimes they have 25% off sales!). When it's not raining, I have two cars that I wash 2-4 times/month. I still have at least 3/4 of it left. I agree with Glen that people tend to use too much of the product. Just follow the instructions on the bottle and you'll be fine.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert

Last edited by MANNAXMAN; 06-29-2017 at 04:25 PM.
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #333
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
It depends… You just have to use common sense… I do my Rinseless in the garage so therefore I can do the whole car and the car stays wet, so I then use the towel to dry the whole car off. However if I'm doing this , like the link above in the overhead sun in 90°, and I know the stuff is going to dry, I do one panel at a time… It's not rocket science…

But many people are using too much of this product in the wash bucket, 1.5 ounces is more than enough , more than that, and you'll get some streaking
I meant doing it outside...yeah inside is a different story, you have more drying time.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:38 PM   #334
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
I took delivery of my 2016 in Feb 2016 (thanks Becky!). Fortunately, I spent a lot of time on this forum first, and read about Glen's method.

I've been using his rinseless technique since day 1. Car still looks factory, except for one place where a bird got me and I didn't notice for a day. No swirls. No scratches, Just beautiful, smooth, flawless paint. Rinseless works. It's -fun- washing my car. As I wash and dry each section, my brand new car comes back.

I had my doubts at first, but after a year and frequent washing, rinseless has done absolutely nothing to the paint. In fact, it's preserved it beyond all reasonable expectation. And blackfire... well, that stuff is alien tech.

Thanks, Glen.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #335
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
I took delivery of my 2016 in Feb 2016 (thanks Becky!). Fortunately, I spent a lot of time on this forum first, and read about Glen's method.

I've been using his rinseless technique since day 1. Car still looks factory, except for one place where a bird got me and I didn't notice for a day. No swirls. No scratches, Just beautiful, smooth, flawless paint. Rinseless works. It's -fun- washing my car. As I wash and dry each section, my brand new car comes back.

I had my doubts at first, but after a year and frequent washing, rinseless has done absolutely nothing to the paint. In fact, it's preserved it beyond all reasonable expectation. And blackfire... well, that stuff is alien tech.

Thanks, Glen.
Thank you! Try the whole blackfire seal process on your glass shower doors, works great.....
Old 06-30-2017, 08:34 AM   #336
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Thank you! Try the whole blackfire seal process on your glass shower doors, works great.....
I thought about doing that, as well as my front glass door and glass table on my porch as well. lol.