Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2017, 07:04 PM   #29
ruffryderj

Drives: 2016 camaro ss2/ a8
I have question for rotofab are yall intakes on backorder because Maryland speed cant seem to ship them in a timely matter like going on 3 weeks.
ruffryderj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #30
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryderj View Post
I have question for rotofab are yall intakes on backorder because Maryland speed cant seem to ship them in a timely matter like going on 3 weeks.
We don't have any units on backorder. I would suggest contacting them again.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #31
6thgenSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I love how all the companies are obviously siding with RB, it makes sense, companies wish they could sell without spending money on ads or sponsorship, but they can't and that's why companies do it. Then they wonder why they are all small time companies because they don't have have the knowledge to keep up with the market and make it bug like all the larger companies that all use social media and sponsorship.

I don't really care that they don't want to sponsor, that's fine they can stay small time. Just don't come on here and rant and complain about it. It's part of running a company, if you don't like it and you think your customer's are annoying then go away, we don't want to buy stuff from you anyways!
6thgenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #32
16maross

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 08 Vette Z06
This is hilarious coming from a friend. Of course you're going to have a biased opinion. If they are so good at marketing how come they are such a small company? How come they don't sell like all of the larger companies that do have sponosrships?

That's besides the point. Nobody needs an arrogant company like ROTO-FAB to come on here and say stop bothering me with sponsorship requests, we don't believe in them and it's not fair to post a review if you are sponsored. That's just a bunch of b.s. quit your whining, your just upset more successful companies that invest in sponsorships are outdoing you. It's not a fake assessment if you got a discount on a product unless you are calling all of your potential customers frauds and lairs in which case you really don't know customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
I don't think you understand what the OP was actually saying. I doubt he disagrees with your current statement either. What I understand from the original post was about clear "mooches" who are in it for nothing but the product. They will say whatever you want them to say in return for free goods. This is not what Roto-Fab is looking for. Any item they give out free for testing is clearly open to negative feedback and I'm sure if there was any negative feedback they want to know about it. If you knew half of the work Roto-Fab puts into developing a new CAI kit, I doubt you would be saying anything at all. I know Mike personally, and can tell you he clearly understands marketing and knows his product well enough that it can stand on its own merits. And if I were in his shoes having people call me up and demand free product or they will denounce my product or say its inferior to whatever I get for free from someone else, that would aggravate me to no end.
16maross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:06 PM   #33
Sunsnare98

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Can I get a free cai? I'll tell all my IG friends it gave me like 50hp. Lmk... if not I'm telling all my friends to buy the airaid.
Sunsnare98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #34
EFI Tuning

Rotofab has been an excellent supplier to work with. Their product is top notch and any data/results we have supplied regarding their product has been done on our own with no favors or freebies from Rotofab. They paid attention to critical elements during the design phase and the results clearly differentiate them from others on the market. Yes we sell RF, and only RF (by choice), but before EFI Tuning existed I was one of the most critical members on here about specific topics regarding CAIs. Some people got it... some took it as whining... and others are shipping out revised pieces to fix the issues I raised when they had the opportunity to fix it before they ever sold a unit.

There is nothing wrong with people asking to be sponsored. The is also nothing wrong with a company stating their policy on the matter. We won't do sponsorships either (we've been asked). We do try to help people out where we can.

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:19 AM   #35
Jessyb13

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Greedy people these days.... to cheap to buy there own parts
Jessyb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #36
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
IBTL

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:21 AM   #37
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Okay, let's try to look at this from a different angle here. I know from a "Consumer" point of view, you may THINKthat this Sponsorship thing is a good deal for the company. You get some free parts, you show them off at a few car shows, talk up some hype to a few bystanders, and throw a sticker on your car, and you think you're doing them some huge favor. It's not like that!!!
I used to work for a popular nationally known aftermarket performance company. And although ultimately the job wasn't a good fit for me, the owner did teach me a few things!!! In my mind, I wrestled with his "No Sponsorship" policy. And we got calls daily asking for sponsorships! This was a multi-million dollar company (but still considered a "small business" because of the number of employees), and they're probably the most well-known in the country for their product segment. But he would NOT do the sponsorship thing...it baffled me! He explained it like this. He said once you open the gate to just one or even a few sponsorships, it will spiral out of control almost immediately! Every Larry, Moe, and Curly out there on the street wants free parts, and everyone of them thinks their opinion and/or product exposure makes some huge difference. The fact is, it doesn't! If the product is a good product, it will sell itself, by word of mouth alone! Plus, once you sponsor one person, and then turn down the next person, it automatically becomes some sort of case of discrimination, and they get all pissed and start talking shit about you....Hmmm, very similar to what is going on here!!! It's better to say no to all, then to open this ugly "can of worms"!!!
Don't get me wrong, the company I worked for did sponsor a VERY select few. But they were nationally known racers who he'd had a long business relationship with, and they were out there setting records with his parts installed. They didn't just start out with free parts!!! They bought them just like everyone else, and went out there and proved themselves worthy of a sponsorship!!! I know....it's a crazy concept in today's self-entitled society!!!
Bottom line....it's not the company that is being "Arrogant and Small-Time" by not sponsoring you, it's YOU!!! The thought that your displaying of this product at a few car shows, and your spewing of a very biased opinion on some forum is somehow worthy and notable is the ultimate in arrogance!!! And to say that you are not going to buy their product because they don't do sponsorships is just plain STUPID!!! Do your own research, and PAY FOR the best product to fit your needs, just like everyone else! There's no need for all this bad-mouthing and/or threats to boycott their product!!! I swear, it sounds like a bunch of liberal whining crybabies who didn't get their way!!! I'm done... /rant
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:27 AM   #38
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I totally get where RF is coming from, it is one thing if it is a big time shop that has volume sales to back the request but it is another thing if it is a forum member or a person who dabbles on the side and might only order 1-2 units a year.

Most manufactures have ways of rewarding their large volume vendors, no different than how GM gives volume discounts to their dealers and volume bonus as well. When Blackbear did their CAI test they told the forum that they ordered all of the CAI out of pocket and would be selling them at the end at a reduced price so to eliminate the accusations of a freebie influencing the results.

At the end of the day RF is a business and they are out to make money and produce ROI for their investors. You don't produce ROI if you are giving product away nor do you make a name for yourself if you are giving product away in order to garner positive praise via a form of bribery.

What happened to people doing business because it was morally and ethically the right way to do business?
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:58 AM   #39
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
People seeking sponsorship just want free shit. There are a few exceptions to this like Sledgehammer who reviews tons of product and does youtube videos on his results. There are very few individuals like that. Everybody else is just out for free shit. You know it. I know it. The vendors know it. If a vendor wants to have a sponsorship program where they work with established community members in efforts to get their product some visibility, that's fine. But, if they choose to disregard the sponsorship route, that's fine too. The anger I see towards Roto-Fab in some of these posts shows a level of butt-hurt because they refuse to give you free shit to play with. Get over yourselves.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #40
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
This thread is starting to remind me of Trump's media style. Throw something out there that'll get attention and you'll have everyone talking about you one way or the other. Free publicity for days.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #41
EFI Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
This thread is starting to remind me of Trump's media style. Throw something out there that'll get attention and you'll have everyone talking about you one way or the other. Free publicity for days.
Please no micro aggressions! My snowflakes will melt
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #42
6thgenSS

Completely false, not sure where you went to marketing school but "word of mouth" may have worked in the 1960s but it doesn't anymore because of this little thing called social media. Maybe to those not up to speed on it won't get it but Instagram is one of the latest marketing tools and when you have a few thousand followers there are a lot of eyes on your product every single day not to mention the millions of eyes seeing your product by just searching for hashtags or similar hashtags that are on the post.

There's no point in arguing with someone that is not up to date with social media or a small business that can't understand this, but the facts a real, look at any real company that is not a small business, the all A. Sponsor and B. have social media accounts.

Saying my product is good enough and word of mouth will sell itself is ridiculous and you can do that, don't expect to expand your product lines or to become anything more than you already are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Okay, let's try to look at this from a different angle here. I know from a "Consumer" point of view, you may THINKthat this Sponsorship thing is a good deal for the company. You get some free parts, you show them off at a few car shows, talk up some hype to a few bystanders, and throw a sticker on your car, and you think you're doing them some huge favor. It's not like that!!!
I used to work for a popular nationally known aftermarket performance company. And although ultimately the job wasn't a good fit for me, the owner did teach me a few things!!! In my mind, I wrestled with his "No Sponsorship" policy. And we got calls daily asking for sponsorships! This was a multi-million dollar company (but still considered a "small business" because of the number of employees), and they're probably the most well-known in the country for their product segment. But he would NOT do the sponsorship thing...it baffled me! He explained it like this. He said once you open the gate to just one or even a few sponsorships, it will spiral out of control almost immediately! Every Larry, Moe, and Curly out there on the street wants free parts, and everyone of them thinks their opinion and/or product exposure makes some huge difference. The fact is, it doesn't! If the product is a good product, it will sell itself, by word of mouth alone! Plus, once you sponsor one person, and then turn down the next person, it automatically becomes some sort of case of discrimination, and they get all pissed and start talking shit about you....Hmmm, very similar to what is going on here!!! It's better to say no to all, then to open this ugly "can of worms"!!!
Don't get me wrong, the company I worked for did sponsor a VERY select few. But they were nationally known racers who he'd had a long business relationship with, and they were out there setting records with his parts installed. They didn't just start out with free parts!!! They bought them just like everyone else, and went out there and proved themselves worthy of a sponsorship!!! I know....it's a crazy concept in today's self-entitled society!!!
Bottom line....it's not the company that is being "Arrogant and Small-Time" by not sponsoring you, it's YOU!!! The thought that your displaying of this product at a few car shows, and your spewing of a very biased opinion on some forum is somehow worthy and notable is the ultimate in arrogance!!! And to say that you are not going to buy their product because they don't do sponsorships is just plain STUPID!!! Do your own research, and PAY FOR the best product to fit your needs, just like everyone else! There's no need for all this bad-mouthing and/or threats to boycott their product!!! I swear, it sounds like a bunch of liberal whining crybabies who didn't get their way!!! I'm done... /rant
6thgenSS is offline   Reply With Quote