Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #2465
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Why cant they just ship the SS with that front end too? That looks great.
I agree. Id be the first one to sign up for a new SS if this was the new front end.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #2466
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Don’t get me wrong, if I could grab a yellow 2018 I would do it with my eyes closed. But if not, I could consider a 2019 RS if I can mod that face to be more sleek (or modern)
... Ok Next
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:13 PM   #2467
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Are all RS emblems black now ?
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #2468
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
I agree. Id be the first one to sign up for a new SS if this was the new front end.
Back when the Gen5 came out many converted the V6 front end to the SS front. I see this car causing the opposite to happen. The other cool thing about doing that is that you create a sleeper too. If it were me I would remove all SS emblems too and put RS on. That would flat rattle some folks.

Im really liking that car.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:59 PM   #2469
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
Chevy should just add the rs package to the ss and change the front facia to this one. BRING BACK THE RS/SS
warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:14 PM   #2470
JhonnyGTR

[QUOTE=motorhead;10231576]Back when the Gen5 came out many converted the V6 front end to the SS front. I see this car causing the opposite to happen. The other cool thing about doing that is that you create a sleeper too. If it were me I would remove all SS emblems too and put RS on. That would flat rattle some folks.

Im really liking that car.[/QUOTE

You would like the Refreshed COPO
Old 06-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #2471
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
After looking too much at the RS today, I'm kinda' sold. Waiting for the configurator to go live and see it in person
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:20 PM   #2472
JefemanG

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Wish they'd say something about when the builder will go live, even if it's just a hint. Some people have already placed orders, but the online builder isn't even up yet.
JefemanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:41 PM   #2473
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
After looking too much at the RS today, I'm kinda' sold. Waiting for the configurator to go live and see it in person
WE DID IT!!!!!!!

... Ok Calm down
Old 06-26-2018, 10:44 PM   #2474
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordave927 View Post
Chevy should just add the rs package to the ss and change the front facia to this one. BRING BACK THE RS/SS
Yes. Problem solved.

I like the RS. I don't like the SS front at all. I fear GM is too stubborn to admit how big of a mistake they made though.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:48 PM   #2475
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
To me the taillights look fine, when they are off, lol. Seeing them activated in the live shots on the streets... they look a bit tacky. In person I'm sure it's tolerable and not an issue. The SS front fascia is a different issue ... until we get more shots of the car ....
I agree. I’m OK with the idea of oval or tound tail lights (I liked the 2010-13 tail lights better than the 2014-15), but the execution makes the 2019 tail lights look like Chinese aftermarket versions. The current 2016-18 dark tail lights work better with the body lines and light cavity.

The none-SS front fascias are fine. The LT 1LE looks the best, for sure!
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:25 PM   #2476
x55cam

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr damon View Post
Just curious if these refreshes really need to happen so often? A challenger looks like a challenger. a 911 looks more or less the same through the years, A range rover looks like a range rover. A corvette like a corvette... you could go on and on. If the camaro continues to keep the inspired look of a 1st gen (5th gen) would that really be a problem?
I've been sifting through all these pages reading and taking this all in and when I noticed your comment/concern, I thought it was pretty justifiable.

All in my humble opinion of course, but when Chevy really makes a change to a successful seller, it sometimes becomes their undoing:

From '69 to '70 1/2 - quite radical - never really got use to it the day the press releases came out - I almost fainted, lol. Owned 3 '69s. But the 350 LT1 Z/28 was quite an engine.

In '74 they played around with it a little more adding that strange bumper. The basic look/design ran it's course to 81 making slight changes to the front and rear - ground effects/spoilers and decals were a bit tacky... power plants were very lame during that period

The 3rd gens were quite a change but the look grew on me - owned 2 - and the power plants improved over the course...adding the IROC series was a great move, promotion and performance wise and was a big seller. Will Chevy ever recreate this series? They should have use a bit of this design to the 5th gens. Current owner of an '89 IROC...love the car.

The change to the 4th gens, ugh...never got uses to it - power plants were better but , idk, I think this era led to the Camaro's demise, imo.

5th Gen - Still a bit on the fence - don't like the tall cowl - it dictates the rest of the look/appearance of the front and rear. They should have taken a page from the 3rd gens, but that's just my view. Or at the least , gradually tweaked the look going further for 2011, 2012, etc.

6th gen - I never understood the need to go this direction - the sales of the 5th very pretty decent. GM loves to ruin a good thing and the 5th gen was a pretty successful product to risk tampering with it's appearance.

I think they sit in a room all day and try to find things to change just to justify their jobs.
x55cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #2477
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by x55cam View Post
6th gen - I never understood the need to go this direction - the sales of the 5th very pretty decent. GM loves to ruin a good thing and the 5th gen was a pretty successful product to risk tampering with it's appearance. .
Really it's the amalgamation of the 5th gen and addressing a number of enthusiasts complaints about the car. It's lighter, faster, quicker steering, more nimble, more power, while still carrying over a large portion of the retro styling and making it more contemporary in the process. I thought it was a decent job overall myself.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:36 PM   #2478
JefemanG

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Really it's the amalgamation of the 5th gen and addressing a number of enthusiasts complaints about the car. It's lighter, faster, quicker steering, more nimble, more power, while still carrying over a large portion of the retro styling and making it more contemporary in the process. I thought it was a decent job overall myself.
No doubt the 6th gen was an improvement over the 5th without radically overhauling the platform or styling, but I think he's referring to the refresh.
JefemanG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!