Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-07-2020, 11:25 AM   #15
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostx403 View Post
I put some VTECH decals on my ride, hell yeah brother
Farking A, I like this guy
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #16
Alanarchy

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS NGM, 2015 Murano Plt
I changed the front end of my SS to ZLE. I wasn`t a fan at first, but now aside from the more aggressive appearance I love the way it looks and going to the track as well so shaving every second I can counts.
Alanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #17
MATEOLT1SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 10-speed
For me less is more. Lower the car, nice wheels, maybe a wicker bill but not a fan of big wings. The ZL1 wing is ok because it's not huge!
MATEOLT1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #18
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
The SS front bumper (16-18) looks better than the ZL1, IMO.

As for raised white lettering, I like this myself. However, the only way to do this, is to use appropriate markers and paint the original lettering on the tires. Beyond that, it looks to cheesy for my tastes. And with 35s, there's not a lot of room to play with.
Yes all SS bumpers look 10xs better than the ZL1 Bumpers. Just way to much going on with the ZL1 bumpers. Lines, bulges and angles just going in this direction and that direction.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #19
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
I understand wanting to make your ride your ride but I've never understood the whole modding your car to the nth degree thing. I bought my Camaro SS because I love her just the way she is. Now, I understand that she has lots of upgrades from the factory already but that's my point. If I didn't like her as she sat, then I'm not spending my money on her. And, if I can't afford to get exactly what I want, then I'll save for it or I'll find something else in the budget that pleases me.

Also, I'm not referring to those who mod their cars performance wise because that's their hobby or they're into racing, etc. But, it also amazes me when people mod their cars then complain that they're now having issues of some kind.

As always though, to each their own...
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #20
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
I am a “less is more” type of guy, subtle changes like changing the side markers to smoked or color matched or different wheels are the types of mods that I am inclined to do.

It is your car though, so do whatever makes you happy
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:34 PM   #21
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Sooo generally speaking, in the car community, 1st gens, 3rd gens, older Corvettes, up-badging is only frowned upon if you ACTUALLY put the badges on. While 6th gens, and modding them are relatively new, modding has kinda been around awhile, and modding to replicate parts of higher trim, or even the WHOLE look is pretty common.Some guys love that GM made a no holds barred track car, and would've bought it even if it had the same bumper as the SS. They just like what it represents, or better yet, that actually plan to use it on the track!!! Some guys don't care about performance, but they think the bumper is cool.

Lord knows there are a gazillion mods out there that I don't like, but very few that I think are somehow "wrong". I totally get not LIKING the bumper mod, but I mean....ya really gotta think it through when saying people shouldn't be doing it. t flies in the face of what hotrodding is supposed to be about.

As for weakening the brand...ehhhh...I mean I get what you're saying, but it's a Camaro. I mean just get on Instagram and search 6th gen Camaros. You'll be BEGGING people to "only" to ZL1 bumpers. In 30 years I think you could make a "brand" argument, but there's not really much brand out there now. Bumper won't help you on the track, and unless you DO badge as a ZL1, it won't help you win a trophy at the show. If some guy who doesn't really know these cars sees it in the Walmart parking lot and think it's a ZL1, well....I don't think it's really damaging any brand.

Last edited by Abubaca; 05-07-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote