Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-27-2021, 06:35 PM   #1
CBren

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Suggested shops in El Paso/Texas area?

Hello, so just looking to see if anyone in this area suggest any service/performance shops to get some things done to my car. I am asking, because we recently had 35+ MPH winds, which resulted in my door shooting open and bending the door hinge, the fender and part of the doors its self. I brought it up to the Chevy service department, talked to the mechanic and they said they don't do that kind of work there and suggest I bring it up to a collision shop near by. Long story short, they bought the cheapest fender they could (not OEM), which didn't sit right and has about a quarter inch of space between the fender and the grill. They also broke the hinge on my truck, some how of which they denied and charge me 122$ to fix it. Then today, found out they also put a dent in my passenger side door which I didn't see originally. They charge me ~900$ for labor and parts were $500. So paid 1450$ to get semi minor damage fixed. Insane to me. So, a bit of bad experience with a recommended shop.

Does anyone in the El Paso area have any recommend shops for clean and honest work that I can rely on for most needs? Plan on doing mods in the near future and want good honest work. Thank you.
CBren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:08 PM   #2
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Well, you've got a bunch of them starting with Hennessey, Late Model Race Cars, Texas Speed and Performance, et al
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 08:37 PM   #3
CBren

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Well, you've got a bunch of them starting with Hennessey, Late Model Race Cars, Texas Speed and Performance, et al
Just trying to find something closer than 8 hours. I may just have to suck it up and drive somewhere.
CBren is offline   Reply With Quote