Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2016, 05:41 PM   #29
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Someone on another non-car related forum felt compelled to point out to me that these blogs are a microcosm of society. Probably so, I suppose. I don't think cop-hating is anything new. I remember old TV shows from the 50's and 60's with the "copper" and "fuzz" hating villains. I think most rational thinkers know the 'one bad apple' adage. You have to realize that anyone with an axe to grind is going to jump on a story like this. And since ostensibly, we hold LEO's to a higher standard, it's a particular black eye when a rouge shows up looking like a common thief.

I wouldn't want the job but respect it on all its merits. And it's not lost on me who I'd call if needed one, pronto. All of the media biased coverage does not help your cause either. Anytime one of our most trusted pillars of society go down the wrong path (priests and choirboys come to mind) it's upsetting to the masses.

I'd expect the 'finest' to have thicker skin too. A cop gets busted stealing Camaro parts and it gets reported on a Camaro forum, you gotta know what's comin' and allow your integrity to go on auto pilot and ignore the bashers. It's inevitable. There were many easier jobs you could have taken. If you truly have 'the right stuff', thank you for your good service. The bad seeds will hang themselves in the end.
Well said, Mojo. We certainly are a microcosm of society. I both see and feel Ghosted's position, and wish I wasn't that way, but you're right.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:22 PM   #30
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Just one other thing since we are on it
Those who said ,,,,, he did a mistake ,,, really !?
It's wasn't a mistake , he and his compadres on that mistake did it over and over again we just don't know how many times they did the ( mistake ) !
People like those , that keep on doing the mistake over and over again , aren't doing it by mistake !
I just hope that all those guys on his band , get charged with whatever the books allowed to
But off course the cop reps ( association ) are beside him on $ side and the political side
And yes , he stole it from his boss ( company ) , after all the tax payers are his boss , right ?
Earlie on the summer off 2014. , I got my house broken into , those bastards broke two doors until they made into the place , they look about everywhere , at the time I didn't connected the issue with my 2010 CAMARO SS , while the car was in the garage they went to the house looking , I think , for the car keys , they didn't find it just by coincidence
They took a few electronics and my kid's blanket
So , if you think I'm bitter about that bastard , you freaking bet I am
Not because he is a cop , but because he was doing that king a shit , when he himself should be going after those bastards while collecting paycheck after paycheck
Guys like this really gives a bad name to everyone on the force , that's a fact , and so the other guys and gals that do the right thing every day should just keep on doing it
I really feel bad for all the other officers ( some in the family ) but there isn't a thing that I can do about the bad ones besides hope they go away !
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:10 PM   #31
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Out of context as he did not steal from his employer. If you personally caught a case outside of work you would probably be allowed to stay on your job until the trial was resolved.

What alternative do you suggest? Full duty, Desk duty or suspension without pay? Immediate termination? What about innocent until proven guilty?
Innocent until proven guilty is LONG gone! Why do you think they can cuff you and let you set in jail until the judge sees you? That is presumed guilty unless the court says you're innocent.....

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:33 PM   #32
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
It sucks that he's a crook, it sucks that he sully's the career he's in, and it sucks that people lost their property because of his poor judgement and greed. That said, as Two Wheel pointed out, LE are human and make mistakes like the rest. We do hold them up to a higher standard, and hope that they live up to that standard, but in the end, it's the same standard we hope our family, friends and neighbors live up to as well. Karma is a bitch, and if he's guilty, he's in for a world of shit. He'll lose all he's gained and then some.
+1
Old 03-27-2016, 12:22 AM   #33
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
This cop lives in Los Gatos, a pretty high-end neighborhood if I recall. To live there he'd have to have been selling stolen stuff for quite a while. Unless he's married to an heiress. I doubt he could afford it on just his police salary.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:43 AM   #34
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Could all be just a big misunderstanding, he is only charged and therefore innocent till proven guilty.
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #35
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
I'm not for or against it, just stating my total lack of surprise. It's a cop, big deal. Any swingin' dick could get out of that with a year, so if he gets a year justice served, and he gets the extra punishment of losing his job.

If he gets out of it I would cry foul, conspiracy but that won't happen anymore, not like the old days. They are serious about weeding out bad cops these days and you have to be glad for that.

Being a cop means he probably doesn't have another viable career option so there is kharma rearing it's ugly head again.
Security contractor is a viable career option.
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #36
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
Innocent until proven guilty is LONG gone! Why do you think they can cuff you and let you set in jail until the judge sees you? That is presumed guilty unless the court says you're innocent.....
No, what you're describing is an initial appearance. In most states, you must be seen by an IA judge within 24 hours of your arrest, or you are automatically released. An IA judge simply reviews the probable cause for your arrest, and then determines what your release status should be, if you're released at all. There are many factors involved in whether you're released or not (prior criminal history, probation status, immigration status, etc.). An arrest by the police isn't about guilt or innocence necessarily, it's about probable cause and reasonable suspicion. We don't decide whether a person is innocent or guilty, just whether or not there is sufficient evidence to make an arrest. The courts determine innocence or guilt......
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #37

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Wow...White cop arrested for theft, etc....he made a bad judgement, made a mistake, innocent until proven guilty, don't judge the rest of the police for one guy, give him the benefit of the doubt...etc., etc.....

Hmmmmm.....What if it had been a black guy from Oakland that was arrested for this?...I doubt most of the posts would have the same tone as the one for the cop....

Just sayin'.....something to think about.....Happy Easter!!!!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #38
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
That wasn't a mistake
One time I was trying to play soccer bare feet , and I thought , I can do it just like so and so , superstar kind a move with the ball , when I did ( or try to do ) the final move , I broke my big toe on the ball !
That was a mistake , never did it again bare foot , learnt the lesson
Have I done it again the same way it won't be a mistake , I knew that from the first try ! So did the cop , the POS should be locked up for a little while , striped from all the benefits and never let in law enforcement , ever ! He should be looking for a job at Home Depot parking lots if you ask me , yeah I'm pissed !
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:53 PM   #39
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Hope they nail this scumbag to the wall!
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #40
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Just as the penalty for killing a cop is higher than the penalty for killing a normal person, so should the penalty for a dirty cop committing a crime be higher than that imposed on a normal person. Especially ones who have been getting away with it for years like many do.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #41
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Wow... just wow.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #42
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
This cop lives in Los Gatos, a pretty high-end neighborhood if I recall. To live there he'd have to have been selling stolen stuff for quite a while. Unless he's married to an heiress. I doubt he could afford it on just his police salary.
True you need to make bank to live in Los Gatos.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote