Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #15
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Good call

Hopefully the anchor bolt locations won't hit too many rebars though I'm sure there's a way of drilling through the bars without enlarging the hole in the concrete.

Norm

I believe I can cut the bar with my ox-acetylene touch if I happen to run into any when installing the anchor bolts. I'll find out in a few months, I suppose. We have an ultrasonic device at work for locating wiring, plumbing, etc. under the concrete. It's a relatively large, expensive looking piece of equipment. I wonder if anyone sells a portable, stud finder type of device to locate rebar in concrete? For all I know, an actual stud finder may work.

Btw Norm, not to get off topic, but you've been posting on here longer than I have. Isn't it about time for you to get a Camaro? You don't have to sell your Mustang, just add a Camaro to the fleet! There is a decent chance that my first build in the new shop will be a Mustang. I owned several back in the day, mostly '69's and '70's. I would like to do a Boss 302 restomod, although a 1st gen Camaro would be equally nice.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:32 PM   #16
L78toLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
Housing market is stupid crazy right now. Your slab will be more than fine. I have a 5" thick slab with fiberglass mixed in for strength under my mohawk and use it 2-3 times a week and have put my duramax on it and its close to 8k when loaded with fuel. I never planned on having a two post and I made the floor 18" where the 1st four post is but now I needed a 2nd 4 post to stack cars and had to used what I had because my garage is way too small. When I was building my garage my Dad said if you build it that big if you ever sell it nobody will want it because your garage will be bigger than your house lol. I could build a 30x44 off the other side of the house but my town is a higher tax town and I could save enough just in taxes over the next 30 years to pay for the garage I want to build and then some so its time to move and build a dream garage.

I advise you not to procrastinate. Do as I say, not as I did lol! Now that I’ve started on my shop, I’m kicking myself for waiting so long. It’s not like I couldn’t afford to do it shortly after we built the house 18 years ago. I just hope I’ve got a few more good car builds left in me at 61 lol! Mom and Dad both live to 93, so at least I have family longevity on my side! I hope to get at least a decade or two’s use out of the shop before I’m too old and feeble to mess with cars anymore.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
Old 03-17-2021, 09:32 PM   #17
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I advise you not to procrastinate. Do as I say, not as I did lol! Now that I’ve started on my shop, I’m kicking myself for waiting so long. It’s not like I couldn’t afford to do it shortly after we built the house 18 years ago. I just hope I’ve got a few more good car builds left in me at 61 lol! Mom and Dad both live to 93, so at least I have family longevity on my side! I hope to get at least a decade or two’s use out of the shop before I’m too old and feeble to mess with cars anymore.
If I don't find a place with 5 acres of land minimum and at least an oversized 2 car garage with 10ft ceilings or a 3+ garage to start I am buying land by the end of the yr and within 5yrs I will be moved in. If I find a suitable house within a yr I will have the garage. That's my plan I'll see how it goes. Drove by a house today with 12 acres and a 2 car garage to start but it was on a dirt road so on to the next lol.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:16 AM   #18
L78toLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
If I don't find a place with 5 acres of land minimum and at least an oversized 2 car garage with 10ft ceilings or a 3+ garage to start I am buying land by the end of the yr and within 5yrs I will be moved in. If I find a suitable house within a yr I will have the garage. That's my plan I'll see how it goes. Drove by a house today with 12 acres and a 2 car garage to start but it was on a dirt road so on to the next lol.
Gravel roads can be a pain for sure. If I were to hit the lottery, the first thing I would do is pave our gravel road!