Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-15-2020, 05:43 PM   #8051
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Will add that when I told Idaho2018 that his ODB device is some kind of toy, the sketchy times that he got from it is what I was talking about. Seriously, he really believed that his 5.0 with some bolt-ons was as fast as a ZL1? My bullshit detector went off for that one, and frankly his should have as well.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:11 PM   #8052
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
A FBO e85 18+ GT can’t beat a zl1? Wtf?
Old 12-15-2020, 06:13 PM   #8053
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Seriously, he really believed that his 5.0 with some bolt-ons was as fast as a ZL1? My bullshit detector went off for that one, and frankly his should have as well.
you don't get out much, do you?

you would be surprised how well the bolt on cars run. id put an fbo ss up against a stock zl1 any day from 0-140. the mustangs are on par with the camaros mod for mod. "bolt ons" is a loosely used term and obviously they don't yield the same results.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:28 PM   #8054
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post

you would be surprised how well the bolt on cars run. id put an fbo ss up against a stock zl1 any day from 0-140. the mustangs are on par with the camaros mod for mod. "bolt ons" is a loosely used term and obviously they don't yield the same results.
My SS wasn’t even FBO & I think it would’ve been close to my ZL1 in a 1/4 mile drag. Big difference is the way it pulls from highway speeds, but like I said, I wasn’t quite FBO either.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:04 AM   #8055
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
A NA 450-460 HP car is going to be able to launch much easier than a supercharged 650 HP car. Which is why this all becomes just a crock of BS once you start adding mods to the mix. Quarter mile or 0-140 is not telling you which car is faster. Simply put, if the GT with FBO and E85 tune is beating a ZL1 from 0-140, then that is simply because it is getting the jump and holding the lead until the ZL1 straight up outmuscles it.

Which brings me to a strong point. If the GT is ahead at 100 MPH, and then by 140 the ZL1 not only neutralized the acceleration but reeled the GT in and passes it, then that tells you just how far apart and superior the ZL1 is. It is one thing if you see that at 140 both cars are accelerating the same and the GT is not gaining any ground. But when it is actually being pulled in at those speeds and then gets walked, that says a lot. Which is why the GT with FBO and E85 is never going to be on the same level as a stock ZL1. It defies all physics. With those mods, a GT is not putting out 550-ish RWHP. Probably not even 500 RWHP. A stock ZL1 in most cases is in that range. And the weight is not too far off. Basically the ZL1 is not heavy enough to offset the power advantage it enjoys. So there is no way in hell that a FBO E85 GT with a 75 RWHP deficit, a much steeper TQ deficit, and no significant weight advantage, can be faster than a stock ZL1. Now that we settled that...

A lot of these videos with GTs having this or that mod are with them pitted against other drivers who either didn't take them seriously, do not know how to drive properly, are not in the proper mode, the GT is hiding mods, or they are staged videos. Because if a GT is beating a ZL1 soo handily, then it should be at the very least matching the GT500. So why do we not see any videos of these GTs that are faster than ZL1s also racing GT500s? A lot of this is bullshit. Which also explains why people like Idaho thinks his GT is faster than a Shelby. And why all those Mustang guys thought the GT was competition for the Hellcat and Z06 and GTRs. It's because they're watching these videos and they want to believe that for $31K OTD they bought a car that with just a few simple bolt-ons can beat $70K+ cars.

Last thing, we are far out of the realm of measuring performance by 0-140 or 40 MPH roll-ons in my opinion. I see videos all the time and they race these cars and they go up to about 100 or 120 and declare a winner. Same with motorcycles. You simply cannot measure 200 MPH cars that way. The biggest problem is that there are not many tracks big enough to measure these cars. Quarter mile racing to me is useless. I think it should be increased to third mile. I mean, we're talking about cars where 650 HP is the lowest output. Why are we using measure sticks from decades ago when cars were pushing 300 HP thru a 3 sp auto? And why are we starting at 40 MPH for roll races? We should be starting at 80 MPH. It kinda goes back to what someone mentioned about a car going 12.0 at 130 MPH vs another car going 11.9 at 119 MPH. Or even those two cars at 40 MPH. You can nail it in both cars and the slower car will get the jump because they might be able to go WOT while the more powerful car will have to ease into it. If the race doesn't last long enough for the more powerful car to spread it's legs, then you'll be left thinking that GTs with FBO and E85 are faster than ZL1s.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:16 AM   #8056
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Another thing I wanna add is top speed. A car with, let's say, a 200 MPH top speed is going to be much faster than a car with a 180 MPH top speed. That is if the top speed is mechanically limited. ZL1s are 200 MPH cars. Technically the fastest they got it in testing was 202 MPH. But the official top speed is listed as 198. The HC went 205 MPH but the official top speed is listed at 202 if I remember. Now despite that 4 MPH difference, the HC will pull away from the ZL1 in a pretty convincing manner at 140 MPH. And that is because at 200 MPH, it takes quite a bit to add an extra 4 MPH. So how on God's green Earth does anyone look at a GT with FBO and E85 and making maybe 470 to the wheels and topping out at maybe about 170 at best (when unrestricted), how does someone come to the conclusion that it is the faster car? The problem is that you're just not racing long enough to lose. And heck, if you wanna look at it like that, you could race a Trackhawk against a Hellcat up to 90 or 100 MPH and then come off the gas and declare victory. Stop fooling yourselves. The GT is competition for the SS. With FBO, it is competition for a FBO SS. Neither of them when raced properly are capable of beating a ZL1. Like when my FBO SS ran 12.8 against an 800 RWHP Mustang's 13.0 at 130+ MPH. If we were not on a track and someone had videoed it, I could have positioned the camera in a certain way to make it look like my SS is much faster than it was.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:16 AM   #8057
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
blah blah blah
we all have to justify our purchases, don't we
Old 12-16-2020, 06:55 AM   #8058
6spdhyperblue

An FBO 18+ GT is faster than a zl1. Take a deep breath. And just say it. Accept it. It will be ok.

Haha

It’s not that serious

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 12-16-2020 at 07:27 AM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:11 AM   #8059
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:

Yes I get out to the track, it's you who don't understand in this case. The guy who's car I was talking about, Idaho2018, claimed that his 5.0 was as fast as a ZL1. His mods listed were: ported intake manifold, ported throttle body, CAI, catback exhaust, and some weight reduction. NOT an FBO car. Do you seriously believe that his mods were enough to overcome the huge gap between a 5.0 and a ZL1? I sure do not, because I've seen what 5.0 Mustangs actually run on the dragstrip. LONG way to go and he does not have enough. Yes I am aware of what bolt-ons do, I have done 10.8@125 with drag radials, 11.5@122 on plain street tires, partial bolt-on SS myself. However this guy's car is not even up to the level of mine, let alone truly equal to a ZL1.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:17 AM   #8060
6spdhyperblue

All u had to say that it wasn’t fbo.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:17 AM   #8061
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
It's a ZL1. No justification needed!! 😀😀
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
An FBO 18+ GT is faster than a zl1. Take a deep breath. And just say it. Accept it. It will be ok.

Haha

It’s not that serious
Explain how a NA car with less HP, less TQ, a lower top speed, and no significant weight difference is faster than a supercharged 200 MPH top speed car with more HP and TQ. Explain the physics behind that.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:25 AM   #8062
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

Last thing, we are far out of the realm of measuring performance by 0-140 or 40 MPH roll-ons in my opinion. I see videos all the time and they race these cars and they go up to about 100 or 120 and declare a winner. Same with motorcycles. You simply cannot measure 200 MPH cars that way. The biggest problem is that there are not many tracks big enough to measure these cars. Quarter mile racing to me is useless. I think it should be increased to third mile. I mean, we're talking about cars where 650 HP is the lowest output. Why are we using measure sticks from decades ago when cars were pushing 300 HP thru a 3 sp auto? And why are we starting at 40 MPH for roll races? We should be starting at 80 MPH. It kinda goes back to what someone mentioned about a car going 12.0 at 130 MPH vs another car going 11.9 at 119 MPH. Or even those two cars at 40 MPH. You can nail it in both cars and the slower car will get the jump because they might be able to go WOT while the more powerful car will have to ease into it. If the race doesn't last long enough for the more powerful car to spread it's legs, then you'll be left thinking that GTs with FBO and E85 are faster than ZL1s.
Well I mean professional drag racing is still 1/4 mile(1000 foot for top fuel and funny car) and those cars are hitting 200-320MPH in that stretch and 1000-7000 HP lol that is just the way it is lol

but like you said there simply isn't any place to really do that legally/safely which is why people still do roll racing to like 120 ish and people still do 1/4 mile racing. Not only is there not many places to do it but then you need to think about the safety stuff that people should be thinking about. You have places like the texas mile where you can go all out and even on some of the biggest twisty tracks you really don't get to those kinds of speeds so its really just a dick measuring contest when you start talking about top speeds and anything over 140

Quote:
Another thing I wanna add is top speed. A car with, let's say, a 200 MPH top speed is going to be much faster than a car with a 180 MPH top speed. That is if the top speed is mechanically limited. ZL1s are 200 MPH cars. Technically the fastest they got it in testing was 202 MPH. But the official top speed is listed as 198. The HC went 205 MPH but the official top speed is listed at 202 if I remember. Now despite that 4 MPH difference, the HC will pull away from the ZL1 in a pretty convincing manner at 140 MPH. And that is because at 200 MPH, it takes quite a bit to add an extra 4 MPH. So how on God's green Earth does anyone look at a GT with FBO and E85 and making maybe 470 to the wheels and topping out at maybe about 170 at best (when unrestricted), how does someone come to the conclusion that it is the faster car? The problem is that you're just not racing long enough to lose. And heck, if you wanna look at it like that, you could race a Trackhawk against a Hellcat up to 90 or 100 MPH and then come off the gas and declare victory. Stop fooling yourselves. The GT is competition for the SS. With FBO, it is competition for a FBO SS. Neither of them when raced properly are capable of beating a ZL1. Like when my FBO SS ran 12.8 against an 800 RWHP Mustang's 13.0 at 130+ MPH. If we were not on a track and someone had videoed it, I could have positioned the camera in a certain way to make it look like my SS is much faster than it was.
Again you seem to be one of the very few people concerned with top speed. I don't get it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #8063
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post

Haha

It’s not that serious
Mr. Whole is a Troll, nothing he says holds any value.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:29 AM   #8064
6spdhyperblue

Quote:
It's a ZL1. No justification needed!! ����

Explain how a NA car with less HP, less TQ, a lower top speed, and no significant weight difference is faster than a supercharged 200 MPH top speed car with more HP and TQ. Explain the physics behind that.
What’s great about watching cars run in real life is theoretical physics is secondary