Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
Shons28

Drives: 2017 2LT- FIFTY EDITION/ M6, V6, RS
Eibach Springs and 20 mm spacer installed- Question?

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully everyone is being safe.

Over the weekend I had the Eibach lowering springs installed. I also got the Eibach pro spacers installed in the rear. 20 mm. Why just the rear, you might ask. Please see below:

Long story short, I thought i was getting four spacers when I only ordered two from Eibach's website. I was very excited when I ordered it and didn't read the part that said that only two comes in the box.

I love the way the rear look now with the spacers and the springs. And now the front looks like meh without any spacers. I will include pictures.

If anyone is wondering, we did have to file or cut away the non thread part on the factory studs so it wouldn't hit the rims.

Now I am in dilemma. I am not sure if I should order 20 mm or 15 mm for the front. I really don't want any rubs during full turn or getting out of the driveway. I searched everywhere and there is no answers out there. So if anyone be kind enough to give me some insight on which one to get, I would greatly appreciate that. 20 mm or 15 mm spacers for the front?

I called Eibach and they tested a camry with 20mm setup setup all around and saw rubs in the front. They dropped the front to 15 mm and they said it was perfect.

I am running the RS factory rims and the factory run flat tires. Mine is the 2017 50th edition.So everything is pretty much stock. I believe the tires are Good Year 245 all around.
Attached Images

Shons28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #2
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
I have those same springs on my 16 SS with no rubbing, though it has that same reverse rake look (front is higher) that I'm wanting to do something about. Are you talking about wheel spacers or spacers for the springs? My Eibach kit didn't come with any spacers at all.

I'd read a post here where someone had gotten Eibach to where they were going to ship them a set of springs that would have been 5mm shorter in front, but I don't think he bothered with it in the end.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
Mike Aruba

Drives: 2016 2SS
I think you will be fine with 20mm up front.
Mike Aruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #4
Shons28

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
I have those same springs on my 16 SS with no rubbing, though it has that same reverse rake look (front is higher) that I'm wanting to do something about. Are you talking about wheel spacers or spacers for the springs? My Eibach kit didn't come with any spacers at all.

I'd read a post here where someone had gotten Eibach to where they were going to ship them a set of springs that would have been 5mm shorter in front, but I don't think he bothered with it in the end.
Yes, I was asking about the wheel spacers that I bought separately.

I did notice the front being higher with the springs like you mentioned. I am not sure if that is because it hasn't settled in all the way yet or that is how it is. I am hoping the gap becomes smaller if I do the 20 mm wheel spacers, or at least give an illusion lol.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:21 PM   #5
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
The SS 1LE wheels sit ~24mm further out compared to the stock SS/RS wheels, so I wouldn't expect a rubbing issue. However, the SS/RS tire is taller (than SS 1LE) and I'm not sure how much lower your springs are.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:38 AM   #6
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
For the stockers, 20 in back is perfect, but 15 up front looks better. With 20 all around, it pokes out a little further in front than in the back and looks strange to me.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:50 AM   #7
Shons28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Carbon View Post
For the stockers, 20 in back is perfect, but 15 up front looks better. With 20 all around, it pokes out a little further in front than in the back and looks strange to me.
Do you have pictures or have you just seen that in person?

I wish there were pictures out there for me to look at. i searched all around the forum and couldn't find any.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #8
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Post #63 Shave off 5mm from that in the front and it will look flush and match up nicely. You may want to install longer studs though.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:51 PM   #9
Shons28

Quote:
Post #63 Shave off 5mm from that in the front and it will look flush and match up nicely. You may want to install longer studs though.
Yup I read that post while researching. I don't know if there is a huge difference between the GM springs and the Eibach springs. Wondering if its the same amount of drop or Eibach is lower. If Eibach is lower, I am trying to see if there will be a rubbing issue with 20 mm spacers installed in the front during full turn or full movements.

Last edited by Shons28; 07-14-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 02:24 PM   #10
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shons28 View Post
Yup I read that post while researching. I don't know if there is a huge difference between the GM springs and the Eibach rims. Wondering if its the same amount of drop or Eibach is lower. If Eibach is lower, I am trying to see if there will be a rubbing issue with 20 mm spacers installed in the front during full turn or full movements.
I highly doubt there would be any rubbing issues. I don't have any rubbing issues on my 285 fronts and I have coilovers with a 2+ inch drop.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #11
Shons28

Quote:
I highly doubt there would be any rubbing issues. I don't have any rubbing issues on my 285 fronts and I have coilovers with a 2+ inch drop.
Oh wow. That is nice drop. Do you have any spacers installed?

I am wondering how big of a tires you have for the back. I cant imagine you not having any good tires with all the HP.