Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Phastek Performance

Old 03-31-2020, 01:20 PM   #1
camaroman3

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT RS
Paint matching required?

I have a Summit White 2018 Camaro RS. Since I now have all this free time, I think its time to swap my bumper for the Ikon Motorsports ZL1 aftermarket bumper.

I went on NextGenauto’s website and noticed they also paint the bumper your factory color if you’d like. I’ve had bad experiences with body shops in the past which has caused me to have a whole lot of trust issues with them, so I decided I’m going to replace the bumper myself.

If I do have it painted my Summit White OEM color and swap the bumpers out, do you think the color will match with the rest of my car. Or will it need to blended in with the fenders/ doors? Anyone replace any parts on their Camaro without blending in, if so, could you tell the difference in paint?

I’m also going to be replacing my right fender at the same time because it has minor dents in it.
camaroman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:33 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Summit white is easy to match, a good body shop can do that no problem. Go find out in town who does BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes Benz…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
camaroman3

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT RS
Thats what im thinking. I want to know If any blending will be required or If I can just install the painted bumper and have it match the rest of the car without any blending needed to be done.
camaroman3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket bumper, camaro, mod, paint