Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-15-2020, 05:27 AM   #57
indy82z

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HW Edition, 2020 LT1
That was an absolutely awesome video!! Thank you so much for sharing! For those of us that were unable to attend, it was really nice to see.
2018 Camaro SS Hot Wheels Edition #838
indy82z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #58
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Absolutely great video!
Old 07-15-2020, 06:25 PM   #59
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I had the pleasure of knowing Becky for a few years. Although I attended the first Camaro Fest in Valdosta, GA. but did not really get to know Becky until the Sunshine State Camaro Rally in Orlando. I was easy to spot because I was the only one there in a Corvette. Becky, Joe and Maureen took pity on me and took me under their wings and we became fast friends after that. I took Joe for a ride in my 67 Vette after we went to dinner that night.

Over the years my wife and I attended numerous Camaro Fests with Becky, Joe and Maureen. One year we went up to the Camaro Rally in Detroit and backed up all of the Camaros in a rented Chevy Cruze that we had to convince security was really a Camaro prototype so that we could get into the caravan. We followed the caravan to to the Chevy display on on Woodward Drive and attended our first Woodward Dream Cruise. Becky invited us to the "Warehouse" after the cruise. It was a magical place packed with cars and memorabilia and enough food to feed an Army.

We met the who's - who of Chevy leadership over the years through Becky. They all knew her and loved her. Al, Cheryl, Scott, Todd and many others. We ordered our 2015 Z51 Corvette through Becky. She got it through some of the problems going on at the time and had it delivered to my house in a see through trailer. That is the type of person she was. She updated the the status of countless Camaro orders over the years for the members on this forum and it never mattered that maybe the car was not ordered through her. It only mattered that she got the member the information that they wanted.

Our last Camaro Fest together was in 2017. Our last conversation was at the end of May this year. I so wish I had known it was going to our last. I can think of no star that shines brighter than Becky D's smile. It lights up a room and is incredibly infectious. I never heard her say a bad word about anyone and never met anyone that did not instantly like her.

So as Becky smiles down on all of us, I would like to share some pictures and memories of her with all of you. Miss you Becky.

Name:  Becky 1.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  193.5 KB

Name:  Becky 2 .jpg
Views: 626
Size:  118.8 KB

Name:  Becky 3 .jpg
Views: 599
Size:  158.7 KB

Last edited by OldJedi; 07-15-2020 at 07:15 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:49 PM   #60
OldJedi
Use the Force

Name:  Becky 5 .jpg
Views: 526
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  Becky 6 .jpg
Views: 507
Size:  114.1 KB

Name:  Becky 7 .jpg
Views: 522
Size:  90.5 KB
Old 07-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #61
OldJedi
Use the Force

Light the fires and kick the tires !! Show the angels what it is like to do a real burnout !!Name:  Becky 15 .jpg
Views: 636
Size:  117.7 KB

Last edited by OldJedi; 07-15-2020 at 07:34 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:21 PM   #62
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Attachment 1038230

Light the fires and kick the tires !! Show the angels what it is like to do a real burnout !!https://www.camaro6.com/forums/image...yvertshift.gif
LOVE that picture !!!!!

THAT'S BeckyD.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:22 PM   #63
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Name:  BeckyD5.JPG
Views: 535
Size:  116.1 KB

Name:  BeckyD.JPG
Views: 514
Size:  57.9 KB

Name:  Becky.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  40.8 KB
Old 07-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #64
HDRDTD

Quote:
I had the pleasure of knowing Becky for a few years. Although I attended the first Camaro Fest in Valdosta, GA. but did not really get to know Becky until the Sunshine State Camaro Rally in Orlando. I was easy to spot because I was the only one there in a Corvette. Becky, Joe and Maureen took pity on me and took me under their wings and we became fast friends after that. I took Joe for a ride in my 67 Vette after we went to dinner that night.

Over the years my wife and I attended numerous Camaro Fests with Becky, Joe and Maureen. One year we went up to the Camaro Rally in Detroit and backed up all of the Camaros in a rented Chevy Cruze that we had to convince security was really a Camaro prototype so that we could get into the caravan. We followed the caravan to to the Chevy display on on Woodward Drive and attended our first Woodward Dream Cruise. Becky invited us to the "Warehouse" after the cruise. It was a magical place packed with cars and memorabilia and enough food to feed an Army.

We met the who's - who of Chevy leadership over the years through Becky. They all knew her and loved her. Al, Cheryl, Scott, Todd and many others. We ordered our 2015 Z51 Corvette through Becky. She got it through some of the problems going on at the time and had it delivered to my house in a see through trailer. That is the type of person she was. She updated the the status of countless Camaro orders over the years for the members on this forum and it never mattered that maybe the car was not ordered through her. It only mattered that she got the member the information that they wanted.

Our last Camaro Fest together was in 2017. Our last conversation was at the end of May this year. I so wish I had known it was going to our last. I can think of no star that shines brighter than Becky D's smile. It lights up a room and is incredibly infectious. I never heard her say a bad word about anyone and never met anyone that did not instantly like her.

So as Becky smiles down on all of us, I would like to share some pictures and memories of her with all of you. Miss you Becky.

Attachment 1038220

Attachment 1038221

Attachment 1038222
Thank you Old Jedi for that post and the incredible photos of Joe, Becky and Mo.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #65
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Thank you Old Jedi for that post and the incredible photos of Joe, Becky and Mo.
She will be deeply missed by so many of us.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:20 PM   #66
HDRDTD

Quote:
She will be deeply missed by so many of us.
We are working with Gingeman Raceway to have them install a memorial bench with plaque in her honor on turn 3.

June 13th would have been her 1st event at Gingerman as an Instructor.

As Becky would say, 'Not bad for an old broad with a helmet.'
Old 07-15-2020, 08:33 PM   #67
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
We are working with Gingeman Raceway to have them install a memorial bench with plaque in her honor on turn 3.

June 13th would have been her 1st event at Gingerman as an Instructor.

As Becky would say, 'Not bad for an old broad with a helmet.'
She was an instructor with CGI at Gingerman all last year, got approved by Phil Aug 2018.

I've kept this video book-marked so I can always keep learning her perfect line. She makes it look easy.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:35 PM   #68
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I haven't been active on Camaro6 for a bit now. Truly saddened by the news.

My heart goes out to her family and friends.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:46 PM   #69
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
She was an instructor with CGI at Gingerman all last year, got approved by Phil Aug 2018.

I've kept this video book-marked so I can always keep learning her perfect line. She makes it look easy.
Thanks for clearing that up Russ.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:54 PM   #70
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboynamedsue View Post
This is an incredible coincidence. I live in Saint Louis, and we will planned a vacation months ago in Traverse City, Michigan. We are stopping in South Haven for one day on the way north. We will only be there for about 24 hours, and it will be during the tribute. I’m going to try to make it for sure. I’d have to show up in my wife’s Highlander more than likely, though.
Glad that you made it to Gingerman's to help us celebrate.