Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 01-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwings

So, each of these vehicles is getting the same exact drivetrain from the previous Gen CTS-V and ATS-V respectively? I'm beyond puzzled.

It seems as if the folks at Cadillac are running in circles.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/01...d-6-2l-lt4-v8/

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/01...o-3-6l-lf4-v6/

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:20 AM   #2
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
These cars are cheaper than what they essentially replaced, so it makes sense to me they don't have some new more expensive engines.

I wish they made a CT5 with an LT2 and a manual. That would be perfect for me. Don't need 650hp.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:57 AM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Wouldn't those effectively be in the "higher" V trims since caddy already showed they kind of downgraded the V badge
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:28 AM   #4
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Wouldn't those effectively be in the "higher" V trims since caddy already showed they kind of downgraded the V badge
The Blackwing models are the "higher" V-trims.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 01-28-2020, 02:12 PM   #5
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Cadillac is a disaster. Dropped the V sport badge and turn the V into the V sport. Then create a V Blackwing, but don’t use the Blackwing V8.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #6
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
I Don't think they will call it Blackwing, maybe something like CTV5 and CTV4 (sounds dumb I know, but we are talking about the current Cadillac no?)
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:42 PM   #7
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Cadillac has gotten somewhat boring as of late. The V-badge created excitement for the brand, they should bring it back. The XT4 is a nice sporty looking CUV, and the XT6 has the potential to be a nice SUV, but they gotta fix the XT5, it looks generic. And can we get a wagon in the lineup please.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #8
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Cadillac US sales will easily go up this year.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:42 AM   #9
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
I Don't think they will call it Blackwing, maybe something like CTV5 and CTV4 (sounds dumb I know, but we are talking about the current Cadillac no?)
The current/future top-tier of performance Cadillac models will be called CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing.

Cadillac made a big fuss over renaming their performance models, revealing and producing the new Blackwing TT engine, then only deciding to use it in the CT6-V Blackwing.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:07 AM   #10
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
That's pretty bad *ss if the first link is true. Some may not realize it, but Cadillac achieved a pinnacle of respect with using this powerplant in the former CTS-V. I still wish that the CTS was around; Perhaps this new CT sedan can build upon the success of the CTS and cultivate a new generation of admirers. It would've been ashame for Cadillac to make waste of their best sedan (also the best sedan of all of GM).

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #11
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
The current/future top-tier of performance Cadillac models will be called CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing.

Cadillac made a big fuss over renaming their performance models, revealing and producing the new Blackwing TT engine, then only deciding to use it in the CT6-V Blackwing.
So Cadillac changes V to not be V anymore, ditches the V-sport, ditches ATS/CTS for CT4/CT5 then comes out with an engine called blackwing, then decides they are going to have a hotter version of the V call it blackwing but not give it the blackwing engine

it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:19 PM   #12
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
So Cadillac changes V to not be V anymore, ditches the V-sport, ditches ATS/CTS for CT4/CT5 then comes out with an engine called blackwing, then decides they are going to have a hotter version of the V call it blackwing but not give it the blackwing engine
Yes. That is exactly what GM/Cadillac brass thought would be best.

Also, keep in mind that GM dumped all of this money into developing the CT6 and the Blackwing engine, only to give it the axe this year. The CT6 was around for 4 MY's and the Blackwing engine for 2 MY's.

Old 01-30-2020, 12:43 PM   #13
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
These cars are cheaper than what they essentially replaced, so it makes sense to me they don't have some new more expensive engines.

I wish they made a CT5 with an LT2 and a manual. That would be perfect for me. Don't need 650hp.
Good point. There's still a Cadillac fan base that wants sticks, my brother for one. He won't consider an automatic. If it's not also AWD, it would end up being a garage queen; those spots are filled. He's looked into ATS-V and the SS 1LE. So far, no go.

There has been no AWD manual sporty vehicles from GM. There has been very few powerful AWD vehicles from GM.

A streamlined engine line-up: Drop the 2.0t. For the CT4, 2.7t in V-sport/lux/p-lux, LT2 in V. For the CT5, 3.0tt lux/sport, LT2 in V/p-lux, LT5/AWD/DCT in V-blackwing (or called whatever, trying to picture it with a swan neck wing). Potentially making CT4-V rwd and CT5-V awd only. Anything with V in the name offers a more interesting trans than a torque converter auto.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:45 AM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Cadillac is a disaster. Dropped the V sport badge and turn the V into the V sport. Then create a V Blackwing, but don’t use the Blackwing V8.
Agreed. The whole situation stinks of a lack of firm leadership for Cadillac. Whatever direction they go in will be fine, more or less. But the half hearted commitment is terrible for the brand.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote