Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
NITEMER

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Recall #17457

after Spending 3 hours at my local dealer for break squeak that they didn’t fix I was informed of the following recall. Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1904
Size:  121.5 KB . They had to order the parts which is just a protective conduit. Not a big deal. Anyway just an FYI for those who don’t know about it.
NITEMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
creed2

Drives: 2018 Garnett Red ZL1
Thanks!11
creed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Yep, this is what my 1LE had done to it this week.

there should be a section on this forum with recall and bulletin information so we can check in with it and make sure our cars are up to date.

I don't trust dealerships going the extra step to tell us about these recalls.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
creed2

Drives: 2018 Garnett Red ZL1
Have have a slight brake squeak on mine as well don’t hear it all the time but every now and then. I only have about 600 miles on my car and drive it on the weekends so I was thinking part of the cause was lack of driving however I will pay close attention to it now.
creed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:22 PM   #5
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
when I bought my hellcat I had a little squeak from time to time. After a year of driving (about 5k miles) the squeak went away.

the suspension parts and brake parts (amongst other components) need to settle in with each other. this only happens through use.

I only used to drive my hellcat on the weekends so it took a while for the squeak to go away. I had the same issue this week when I took the car out after being away the entire winter.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:39 PM   #6
NITEMER

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
My ZL1 has almost 17k miles and it’s not a slight squeak The pads and rotors are all have tons of meat left. They squeak when warm or cold.
NITEMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #7
ReefBlueCoupe

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE MBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEMER View Post
after Spending 3 hours at my local dealer for break squeak that they didn’t fix I was informed of the following recall. Attachment 932076 . They had to order the parts which is just a protective conduit. Not a big deal. Anyway just an FYI for those who don’t know about it.
Thank you for that. Probably going to fix that myself if my car is affected. Doesn't seem like there's much involved, and I don't want my car on a dealer lift.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #8
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
I believe this is the issue I had a couple of weeks ago when the car all but died at a stop light and threw 4 codes related to the cam/crankshaft.

I got it restarted finally and babied it home. After it was in the garage, I went to restart it one time, and it cranked for a long time before it would start.

At that point, I figured it was the crank sensor. A couple weeks passed before I could take it to the dealer, but the day I did, it started up just fine, and drove like normal.

When I got to the dealer, they informed me of the recall, but only mentioned it was for the instrument panel flutter and false DTCs. They didn't say anything about it causing the car to stall with no crank or restart.

Instead, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with the car, but they'd order the parts for the recall, and if my original problem happened again they could look at it again then.

You'd think they would've read the whole thing and put 2 and 2 together, or at least mention that was likely the issue.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:55 PM   #9
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
I don't trust dealerships going the extra step to tell us about these recalls.[/QUOTE]

The manufacturer is the one who has to send out notifications about recalls. If a vehicle is at the dealership and there is an open recall, they are required to perform it. Dealerships should be running a vehicle inquiry everytime it enters the service department to check for open recalls or campaigns. I love getting vehicles that come in and they havent been to a dealer in a very long time. Either because the owner services the vehicle on their own or they only use "their guy". The car will come in usually because its now a new owner and there will be 5+ recalls or campaigns on the repair order. Every time, you're in disbelief, like "where the hell has this car been?"
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:47 AM   #10
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
this thread is confusing...why are guys other than the OP talking about brakes in a recall thread that has nothing to do with brakes...lol
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:03 AM   #11
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Well I checked the owner center and the Gm recall site separate. As of now my 18ZL1 is not showing in the system as an open recall. My car is not affected or the system is slow to update. My car has an early build date of 7/17.

Currently, there are no recalls or programs associated with your 2018 Chevrolet Camaro
Results last updated: Apr 26, 2018

Last edited by Chevyman2; 04-26-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:40 AM   #12
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
Well I checked the owner center and the Gm recall site separate. As of now my 18ZL1 is not showing in the system as an open recall. My car is not affected or the system is slow to update. My car has an early build date of 7/17.

Currently, there are no recalls or programs associated with your 2018 Chevrolet Camaro
Same for me as well. I routinely check about once a month for this very reason...
Old 04-26-2018, 07:42 AM   #13
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post

Because this is not a recall. The OP is mistaken, it is in fact a service bulletin which means if a customer has a problem within the warranty period they have an updated repair procedure for it with possible new parts. You'll only have recalls for safety issues.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:40 AM   #14
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Because this is not a recall. The OP is mistaken, it is in fact a service bulletin which means if a customer has a problem within the warranty period they have an updated repair procedure for it with possible new parts. You'll only have recalls for safety issues.
+1

The key is that this service is only covered free of charge while the vehicle is covered under the 36000/3 yr bumper to bumper warranty period.