Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-29-2020, 06:38 AM   #1
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
ACS side skirts... PPF?

I do not have a 1LE, however I think it’s more pertinent to this section. Installing new wheels (1LE offset) with GYSC3 tires. Trying to avoid rock chips. ACS side skirts and ZL1 Addons rock guards arrive this week. I am lowering at the same time with the GM lowering kit (20mm) so hoping that will help too.

I plan on having my local Xpel shop ppf the rocker in front of the rear as well. Couple questions:

1). Should I have the side skirts ppf as well? They are 1LE black so I do have a concern about the ppf changing the sheen given mirrors, spoiler, and front splitter are all the same satin black.

2). Anyone have issues with the front fenders? I’d like to save as much money as possible but if these get beat up might as well do it I suppose.

3) Mirrors? Are folks ppf these because the tires flip rocks onto them or just for just general protection? Same concern with sheen as the side skirts.

Thanks!

Last edited by Chrome383Z; 11-29-2020 at 06:56 AM.
Chrome383Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:50 AM   #2
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I always ppf the front end of all my cars and I'm glad I did. Haven't seen many hits on front fenders so that is optional.

Side skirts help protect the areas in front of the back wheels a lot.

You'll want to protect the end of the side skirt on the inside from getting blasted. See post 25 for an idea. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=581812&page=2

Xpel has a side rocket kit so I'd get it including the one behind the rear tires. I did the mirrors which get blasted. Also would look at the front of the A pillar and area above the windshield.

Xpel has a stealth pff which has a matt look so you could look at using if you're worried about sheen.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:11 AM   #3
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
I did the front, side rockers and rear panel ahead of the rear wheel on my 17. As per the post above, not much happened on the front. The rear wheel area got most of the hits. But, the shop butchered the job, given challenging angles and also i didnt have side skirts.

On my 20, i did the side skirts, which imo eliminate most of the junk hitting the rear wheel area. Also, it seems GM put a bigger piece of Xpel to protect it.
So, ive decided to do nothing over and above the side skirts, EXCEPT for the fix per the thread mentioned above, which seems must do. Note i drive on a mile long gravel access road to get to my summer place. Of course i drive on it dead slow.

The area above the windshield will get some rubber from track use, but that has never caused any paint chipping and is easy to clean.

If you wish to spend as little $ as possible, check the size of the stock xpel on the rear fender in front on the wheel.
If you dont get many hits avove it, then id say you're good as is. Alternatively, put a bigger piece there, albeit i haven't seen a need to do it yet (with the skirts).
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote