Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-14-2023, 11:24 PM   #1
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
looking for a used SS

hey everyone(to the trolls and haters, as well) i have unfortunate and fortunate news to share,

unfortunate news; I'm no longer in the running for a 2023 Camaro, due to financial and experience behind the wheel issues (and not to mention too little too late for the ordering).

fortunate news; but on the other hand i may look for a used 6th gen SS (preferably a 1SS), and i would like to know which model year to start at (2016 is not so ideal, because it a first model year car and has its own set of issues, buggy software and unrevised parts) and how can i found out the car is equipped with the cooling components(auxiliary radiators, oil cooler, differential cooler and etc.) without looking at the car, the service parts identification list(the RPO codes list) or the VIN number, how can i tell.

and not to mention the LT models are not as special for what is out there on the used market

thank you
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 11:31 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
hey everyone(to the trolls and haters, as well) i have unfortunate and fortunate news to share,

unfortunate news; I'm no longer in the running for a 2023 Camaro, due to financial and experience behind the wheel issues (and not to mention too little too late for the ordering).

fortunate news; but on the other hand i may look for a used 6th gen SS (preferably a 1SS), and i would like to know which model year to start at (2016 is not so ideal, because it a first model year car and has its own set of issues, buggy software and unrevised parts) and how can i found out the car is equipped with the cooling components(auxiliary radiators, oil cooler, differential cooler and etc.) without looking at the car, the service parts identification list(the RPO codes list) or the VIN number, how can i tell

thank you
I'll sell you my 2020 2SS, A10 with NPP and MRC and a bunch of other upgrades (including PPF, Ceramic Coating, GMP CAI, GMP Strut Tower Brace, Diode Dynamics LED Smoked Side Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, 35% tint all around (except windshield), black lugs and black lug locks, etc) for $55,000 cash... Absolutely mint condition, never driven in the rain, like new inside and out (weekend fun car, NOT a daily driver), impeccable maintenance records, oil and diff fluid changes at 505 miles, 1,500 miles, oil at 4,000 miles and oil and diff fluid at 5,975 miles and oil at 7,800 miles... Currently at about 8,300 miles, drives like brand new... NEVER tracked...

(Actual pictures of my car...)

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...

Last edited by 2SS Capt; 05-15-2023 at 01:03 AM.
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 11:50 PM   #3
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I'll sell you my 2020 2SS, A10 with NPP and MRC and a bunch of other upgrades (including PPF, Ceramic Coating, GMP CAI, GMP Strut Tower Brace, Diode Dynamics LED Smoked Side Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, etc) for $55,000 cash... Absolutely mint condition, never driven in the rain, like new inside and out (weekend fun car, NOT a daily driver), impeccable maintenance records, oil and diff fluid changes at 505 miles, 1,500 miles, oil at 4,000 miles and oil and diff fluid at 5,975 miles and oil at 7,800 miles... Currently at about 8,300 miles, drives like brand new... NEVER tracked...

(Actual pictures of my car...)

I appreciate it bro, but the thing is I'm trying to build credit as is and $55k is a bit out of my budget and your car is more of a showpiece than anything else, I'm just looking for advice and what way is to ask camaro6 at-large for that help and if you can find a way to send the car to Florida, maybe we can figure something out, but thanks
Old 05-14-2023, 11:56 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
I appreciate it bro, but the thing is I'm trying to build credit as is and $55k is a bit out of my budget and your car is more of a showpiece than anything else, I'm just looking for advice and what way is to ask camaro6 at-large for that help and if you can find a way to send the car to Florida, maybe we can figure something out, but thanks
We can ship it to Florida... Do you want a really nice car??? Yeah, it's a show piece, but what are you looking for?
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 05-15-2023, 12:03 AM   #5
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
We can ship it to Florida... Do you want a really nice car??? Yeah, it's a show piece, but what are you looking for?
some decent car that is warranty eligible and that wont break the bank on me, I prefer GM certified pre-owned (through the dealerships) or getting it from CarMax and plus ordering my ideal camaro is killing me, due to my current situation
Old 05-15-2023, 12:59 AM   #6
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
some decent car that is warranty eligible and that wont break the bank on me, I prefer GM certified pre-owned (through the dealerships) or getting it from CarMax and plus ordering my ideal camaro is killing me, due to my current situation
This one still has several years of extended warranty (transferable) left on it, garage kept 24/7... CarMax is where people dump their beaters hoping to get a decent payout... Good luck ordering with constraints and the end of model on the very near horizon...

Old 05-15-2023, 01:54 AM   #7
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
looking for a used SS

Quote:

What is your budget?

What features are most important?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 01:59 AM   #8
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
This one still has several years of extended warranty (transferable) left on it, garage kept 24/7... CarMax is where people dump their beaters hoping to get a decent payout... Good luck ordering with constraints and the end of model on the very near horizon...
thanks bro, I know the model year is on its way out, and who knows what's instore for 2024, and case in point I found a 2016 1SS in blue velvet with some front-end pdamage, in Texas but they guarantee the cars that are sold instead of "as is" and having a piece of crap and the dealer wash their hands with it.

https://www.carmax.com/car/24232655

Last edited by D.O.M.D1; 05-15-2023 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:18 AM   #9
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
What is your budget?

What features are most important?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well the cooling is important to me, just a basic 1SS, the black wheels, black interior, preferably garnet red exterior (not red hot) or mosaic black (not regular black) not silver, the hyper blue is decent (ice blue is bad) grey is ok, yellow is too loud of a color, krypton is cool, crush is decent, white is white, the short-lived dark green is really awesome

also i want to find a car that is warranty eligible

that's pretty much it
Old 05-15-2023, 05:57 AM   #10
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
OP has been looking for a car ~ 1 year... with multiple posts here... don't waste your time replying until his parents can buy him a car
Old 05-15-2023, 06:00 AM   #11
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
lock it down
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 07:43 AM   #12
vj123

Drives: 2023 ZL1
If OP is serious this time, he should specify the price range which might be a major constrain.
vj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 09:51 AM   #13
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
I would recommend buying a turbo 4 cyl or V6 or something similar, if it saves you a lot of money upfront.

I like how you are being patient with your buy (assuming the poster saying you have been looking for a year, is correct).

Don't let folks discourage you. The path to long term financial happiness is built on patience. It definitely helps to take your time when buying a high-priced product, putting off the purchase or even deciding not to buy since your finances dont support it.

Enjoy the journey.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:03 AM   #14
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
OP has been looking for a car ~ 1 year... with multiple posts here... don't waste your time replying until his parents can buy him a car
Quote:

You selling your car again? Didn't you list it in the classifieds a while back and then decide against it...?
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote