Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-02-2023, 10:53 PM   #29
1320it

Drives: Honda
This person doesn't have any insider information. They do not work for GM and its purely clickbait and speculation. I think it is, however, safe to say the 6th gen Camaro will be ending production soon.
1320it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 09:10 AM   #30
MisterMarauder

Drives: 2023 Radiant Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
I love HBM but if I was going to upgrade to a Z it’d be a wild cherry vert. One year only color that’s insanely eye popping and you can bet there are very few vert versions made. Sure the vert is and will never be a track car, but you know what they say, when the top goes down the price goes up, so if buying for future value, a vert Z will be worth way more!
Radiant Red is a good successor to Wild Cherry. It is difficult to tell them apart unless they're side by side, and even then, they're pretty close. IMO Radiant Red is just as good as Wild Cherry.

Current
2023 Radiant Red ZL1
1992 Z28

Previous
2018 2SS Redline Edition
1992 RS
MisterMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 10:40 AM   #31
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
There is some merit in the rumors. By now, we would have seen a 7th generation test mule running about and it seems that 2024 is indeed the final projected year for the 6th generation Camaro. The Alpha chassis has moved on and the likelihood of GM continuing to put money into a chassis that is effectively finished doesn't add up. It takes a quick Google search to see that this has been covered by a fair amount of "credible" sources within the automotive magazine industry to help fuel these rumors. I don't see GM continuing on with this car after it being released in 2015 for much longer. This isn't Nissan or Dodge where they just keep certain chassis around for an eternity.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 10:52 AM   #32
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
I love HBM but if I was going to upgrade to a Z it’d be a wild cherry vert. One year only color that’s insanely eye popping and you can bet there are very few vert versions made. Sure the vert is and will never be a track car, but you know what they say, when the top goes down the price goes up, so if buying for future value, a vert Z will be worth way more!
That would be my 2nd choice in colors for sure...!
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 10:59 AM   #33
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Quote:
When you look at prior Camaro performance cars, the convertibles don’t bring more money.
94 Z28, Black, M6, 595 miles
92 Z28, last car built at Van Nuys Plant, Red, A4, 125 miles www.last1992camaro.com
69 Z28, Dusk Blue, M4
29 Ford Business Coupe
28 Ford Pickup
24 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB 4x4
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Ford F150 Crew Cab 4x4
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 10:59 AM   #34
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
I hope they change their minds on Camaro. Like they did on the Malibu.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 11:20 AM   #35
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
I hope they change their minds on Camaro. Like they did on the Malibu.
They haven’t actually changed their mind on the Malibu. They have until December 31, 2034 to convert vehicles from ICE to BEV. They are not gonna shift them all over at the same time. They are working on shifting CUV, SUV, and Pickup to BEV because those are the higher volume, higher profit segments and that’s what competitors will target for new BEVs. But they are also keeping the high volume high profit ICE versions (Equinox, Silverado, Blazer) going at the same time. They’ll convert the lower volume, moderate profit vehicles next and probably won’t keep both ICE and BEV in market at the same time. Malibu, CT4, CT5 fall in this category. The last vehicles to totally shift over (other than commercial pickups) will likely be Escalade and Corvette.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 11:59 AM   #36
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
Cause they have gotten cheaper in the last 4-5 years..?
Sorry, meant used.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 02:01 PM   #37
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Gm isn’t leaking any secrets to a YouTuber with such a tiny following. There are tons of YouTubers with millions of followers they would use and have used in the past. If he was even on their radar he would have been in the social media videos they did for the c8 release with different influencers.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 02:13 PM   #38
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr8000 View Post
Gm isn’t leaking any secrets to a YouTuber with such a tiny following. There are tons of YouTubers with millions of followers they would use and have used in the past. If he was even on their radar he would have been in the social media videos they did for the c8 release with different influencers.
Others were saying its a GM employee leaking info to Lethal, not GM management.

Thats why its classified as rumors.....

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 03:53 PM   #39
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
They haven’t actually changed their mind on the Malibu. They have until December 31, 2034 to convert vehicles from ICE to BEV. They are not gonna shift them all over at the same time. They are working on shifting CUV, SUV, and Pickup to BEV because those are the higher volume, higher profit segments and that’s what competitors will target for new BEVs. But they are also keeping the high volume high profit ICE versions (Equinox, Silverado, Blazer) going at the same time. They’ll convert the lower volume, moderate profit vehicles next and probably won’t keep both ICE and BEV in market at the same time. Malibu, CT4, CT5 fall in this category. The last vehicles to totally shift over (other than commercial pickups) will likely be Escalade and Corvette.

Interesting!

It seemed like they changed their minds since GM Authority kept saying the Malibu is dead after 2024 MY.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:20 PM   #40
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
Interesting!

It seemed like they changed their minds since GM Authority kept saying the Malibu is dead after 2024 MY.
Would it be mean for me to say consider the source? In all fairness, I think there was a lot of internal debate over what Malibu or the vehicle that occupied that spot in the portfolio would be. I’m not really privy to much that was decided and/or undecided after about 2018. It is possible that it may have been targeted for drop sometime after that point, and GM Authority may have picked up on some of that, but I never heard a credible scenario that included GM not having a D-Segment sedan beyond 2025. Doesn’t mean there wasn’t one, just that I hadn’t heard it. And up until late 2020 I was forecasting powertrain content for GM vehicles and Malibu was always in the mix.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 10:40 AM   #41
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Would it be mean for me to say consider the source? In all fairness, I think there was a lot of internal debate over what Malibu or the vehicle that occupied that spot in the portfolio would be. I’m not really privy to much that was decided and/or undecided after about 2018. It is possible that it may have been targeted for drop sometime after that point, and GM Authority may have picked up on some of that, but I never heard a credible scenario that included GM not having a D-Segment sedan beyond 2025. Doesn’t mean there wasn’t one, just that I hadn’t heard it. And up until late 2020 I was forecasting powertrain content for GM vehicles and Malibu was always in the mix.
Yep!

Here’s the new report.
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/12...ibu-exclusive/

2019 report that the car would sunset.
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07...o-die-in-2024/
Old 01-05-2023, 11:25 AM   #42
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Exactly.

Things in the auto industry can have quite the ebb and flow. Especially in times like now, with a pivotal change in widespread technology and also geo-political and economic events.

It is very possible some of the information "stumbled upon" was accurate at one point. How mature information is can relate to the source.

No need to attack the guy.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote