Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2020, 08:00 PM   #57
Z OH 6


 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I selected my build specifically to outrun the Demon. My car is much lighter and has more power which pretty much covers the important bases.

I never see Chevrolet putting more power in a ZL1 than comes in the C7 Vette.
Have you run your car at the track yet? I say this because you may have as much or more power than a Demon and we know the ZL1 weighs about 300lbs less than a Demon but the Demon can put its power down VERY well on a prepped track on drag radials, better than most cars. I've seen 900-1000hp Hellcat's that can't outrun a Demon in the 1/14 assuming the track is prepped properly and has a decent driver. Now from a roll, as long as you have around 800hp, you should be able to outrun a Demon due to the power to weight advantage and the 10 speed being superior to the 8 speed. I've seen a few stock Demon's with nothing more than a drag radial change to Mickey Thomson ET Street Rs, run 9.7s near 140'ish mph at some tracks.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:47 PM   #58
JSH


 
JSH's Avatar
 
Drives: '20 ZLE
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Have you run your car at the track yet.
On a road course not dragstrip. I registered at the strip but couldn't force myself to commit that much time. I've become more of a roll racer.

I was at the gas station recently and guy walked up and asked me about the car. He went on to say that he's part of a group that rolls every weekend but he didn't invite me because mine "would be the lowest hp car there"!
__________________
'20 ZL1 1LE A10.
LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.
1116/967.
1.35/9.25/151 at 3500 ft. (only one pass)
15" conversion/MT ET Street R 325/50R15.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #59
Z OH 6


 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
On a road course not dragstrip. I registered at the strip but couldn't force myself to commit that much time. I've become more of a roll racer.

I was at the gas station recently and guy walked up and asked me about the car. He went on to say that he's part of a group that rolls every weekend but he didn't invite me because mine "would be the lowest hp car there"!
LOL, dang. That's a Helluva group.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #60
CW3SF

 
CW3SF's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Sea level
Posts: 1,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
On a road course not dragstrip. I registered at the strip but couldn't force myself to commit that much time. I've become more of a roll racer.

I was at the gas station recently and guy walked up and asked me about the car. He went on to say that he's part of a group that rolls every weekend but he didn't invite me because mine "would be the lowest hp car there"!
I’ve seen them on 470. You gonna want around 1500+ to roll with that crew.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:47 PM   #61
JSH


 
JSH's Avatar
 
Drives: '20 ZLE
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I’ve seen them on 470. You gonna want around 1500+ to roll with that crew.
Yea, that's what he said. Do you have a white ZL1?
__________________
'20 ZL1 1LE A10.
LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.
1116/967.
1.35/9.25/151 at 3500 ft. (only one pass)
15" conversion/MT ET Street R 325/50R15.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:08 AM   #62
Yves ZL1
 
Yves ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bourges (France)
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Nurburgring
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
7.16.04
Yes better than thé gt3
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:10 AM   #63
Yves ZL1
 
Yves ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bourges (France)
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
It’s not that at all.

These mag types all have fake chrome & wood grain on the brain because that’s what Ford/ Chrysler/ European cars have. They rave about Mahogany or (insert fake flavor of the day look) to make them feel good about their over-priced shitbox they think so highly of because ”Muh Upscale feelz”, when in reality it’s largely BS.

Yes, there are certain drawbacks of any interior. Nothing is perfect. For me I sat in a GT500 & thought, “Well, this is pretty lame.” compared to my 1SS. Yeah the seats where neat but that god awful steering wheel & square brick for a information center was lame. Just uninspired. It just didn’t turn me on. I sat in my ZL1 for the first time & I was ready to give the old lady the patented what for.
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:15 AM   #64
Yves ZL1
 
Yves ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bourges (France)
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I selected my build specifically to outrun the Demon. My car is much lighter and has more power which pretty much covers the important bases.

I never see Chevrolet putting more power in a ZL1 than comes in the C7 Vette.
What I don’t understand is how a challenger or with 770 hp cannot get a zl1 with 100 hp less...

Ans fit thé mustang I don’t understand at all... there is not a real weight différence ?!? So how is it possible

Ps off subject : thé only thing to rêview in thé interior is the hard plastic .. otherwise i love my cockpit
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:02 AM   #65
JSH


 
JSH's Avatar
 
Drives: '20 ZLE
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,640
2020 Dodge Demon Specs:
Horsepower: 840 hp (on race gas)
Torque: 770 lb-ft
0-60 MPH: 2.1 Seconds
0-200 MPH: 55 Seconds
60-0 Braking: 97 ft
1/4 Mile: 9.54 Seconds @ 140 MPH
Top Speed: 203 MPH
Weight: 4,280 lbs

Horsepower: 840 hp (on race gas)

I'm not sure why Dodge uses a high octane, tuned hp number and everybody else (even HPE) uses pump gas stock tune numbers. The Demon makes 808 on pump gas, so using these ratios, mine should make around 880 on a 100 octane tune

Demon Weight: 4,280 lbs
My weight: 3750

500 lbs. is huge.

Demon 0-60 MPH: 2.1 Seconds

Very impressive number. I wonder how it achieves such traction. Is it a 4-link car? lol
__________________
'20 ZL1 1LE A10.
LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.
1116/967.
1.35/9.25/151 at 3500 ft. (only one pass)
15" conversion/MT ET Street R 325/50R15.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #66
Z OH 6


 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
2020 Dodge Demon Specs:
Horsepower: 840 hp (on race gas)
Torque: 770 lb-ft
0-60 MPH: 2.1 Seconds
0-200 MPH: 55 Seconds
60-0 Braking: 97 ft
1/4 Mile: 9.54 Seconds @ 140 MPH
Top Speed: 203 MPH
Weight: 4,280 lbs

Horsepower: 840 hp (on race gas)

I'm not sure why Dodge uses a high octane, tuned hp number and everybody else (even HPE) uses pump gas stock tune numbers. The Demon makes 808 on pump gas, so using these ratios, mine should make around 880 on a 100 octane tune

Demon Weight: 4,280 lbs
My weight: 3750

500 lbs. is huge.

Demon 0-60 MPH: 2.1 Seconds

Very impressive number. I wonder how it achieves such traction. Is it a 4-link car? lol
The Demon has independent rear suspension, no 4 link. It does come from the factory 18" wheels and drag radials, however many people install 17" wheels and drag radials for a little more traction. The Demon also comes with a crate to swap out skinny front tires improving the launch, it also has different springs than the standard Hellcat optimized for drag racing, they are softer to enhance launch. The car also has a drag mode, which the ECM is tuned to improve the launch as well. It includes a transbrake and launch control too, but most Demon owners get the best results from foot brake launch instead of using the launch control.

That's why I said, when it comes to drag racing, the Demon has all the bells and whistles. They will go low 10's in the 808hp mode, and high 9's in the 840hp mode with a very good prepped track and a very good driver in good DA. In fairness though, the majority run low 10's with an average track and average DA.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #67
Yves ZL1
 
Yves ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bourges (France)
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
2020 Dodge Demon Specs:
Horsepower: 840 hp (on race gas)
Torque: 770 lb-ft
0-60 MPH: 2.1 Seconds
0-200 MPH: 55 Seconds
60-0 Braking: 97 ft
1/4 Mile: 9.54 Seconds @ 140 MPH
Top Speed: 203 MPH
Weight: 4,280 lbs

Horsepower: 840 hp (on race gas)

I'm not sure why Dodge uses a high octane, tuned hp number and everybody else (even HPE) uses pump gas stock tune numbers. The Demon makes 808 on pump gas, so using these ratios, mine should make around 880 on a 100 octane tune

Demon Weight: 4,280 lbs
My weight: 3750

500 lbs. is huge.

Demon 0-60 MPH: 2.1 Seconds

Very impressive number. I wonder how it achieves such traction. Is it a 4-link car? lol

Impressive ...200 kg more and 1,4 sec less than a zl1 ?!?

Don’t have the same Numbers is it a mistake ?

See below

https://zeperfs.com/duel6680-7938.htm
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:29 PM   #68
Z OH 6


 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves ZL1 View Post
Impressive ...200 kg more and 1,4 sec less than a zl1 ?!?

Don’t have the same Numbers is it a mistake ?

See below

https://zeperfs.com/duel6680-7938.htm
That website is garbage.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #69
CW3SF

 
CW3SF's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Sea level
Posts: 1,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Yea, that's what he said. Do you have a white ZL1?
No, Riverside Blue.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #70
MoreSpeed
 
MoreSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves ZL1 View Post
What I don’t understand is how a challenger or with 770 hp cannot get a zl1 with 100 hp less...

Ans fit thé mustang I don’t understand at all... there is not a real weight différence ?!? So how is it possible

Ps off subject : thé only thing to rêview in thé interior is the hard plastic .. otherwise i love my cockpit
It all about traction and how these cars put power down. I love my ZL1, but Porsches with much less HP can beat it's 0-60. I autoX my ZL1 all of the time. I am always having to manage traction. It is easy to overcook our cars and spoil the times. It sounds like it is even easier to overcook the GT 500 and the Challenger.

ps. I like our interior and especially the seats.
__________________
- Life is a highway... I want to ride it all night long...


Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.