Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-30-2020, 01:50 PM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonGofast View Post
They couldn't find who was at fault. I was in her blind spot and she didn't see me I guess. She told the cop and insurance I merged into her and they said nothing they could do to prove who was right.

Happens all the time here in Houston. People merge without blinkers and without looking. I can't tell you how many times people merge into my lane when I'm going faster than them and I have to slam the brakes or swerve. Guess I roll up on them too quickly compared to what they're used to (I'm getting a dash cam). Some notice and swerve back into their lane, but it happens a lot.
Although the police report may or may not indicate which party THEY believe is at fault, insurance will look at who bore the greater duty of care. In other words, even if you hit her, she could have been the one that was ultimately responsible of staying out of your way.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:47 PM   #16
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I vote on seeing if it can be repaired. I bought my car used and it has 3 warped rims that the dealership obviously says needs replacing. Theres a reputable shop by me that guarantees they can fix it (all 4 are curbed anyways), all 4 retrued, curb fixed, refinished in any standard color, and ceramic coated for around 750, with lifetime warranty on finish.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 10:52 PM   #17
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
As mentioned previously - get a dashcam (front and rear if you have a coupe). The small investment can save you tons when people start blaming you for their mistakes.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:18 PM   #18
GTO_Gregory

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Since you are in Texas, try "We Fix Rims Houston."
Here's their link: www.wefixrimshouston.biz
Address: 7070 Southwest, Freeway, Houston, TX 77074
Phone: 713-942-0294
2006 Quicksilver 6-speed GTO ERL LS3-430, All-Pro 285cc heads, 262/273 .758/.742 116+3 cam, Sheet-metal Intake, 70lb Siemens injectors, SLP, GMM Ripshifter, QA1 Coil-overs front and rear, nylon suspension bushings, Hotchkis, RPM Trans, SPEC twin clutch, SpinTech, Kooks 1 7/8 -2.0", BMR drive train, Kaaz 3.91, Lingenfelter CAI, Baer brakes, mini-tubs, E85.
GTO_Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:45 AM   #19
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Some wheel repair shops can bend the wheel back for $200 a pop or so. The wheel won't be as strong as it was before, but generally, that's not a huge problem.

Quote:
...Happens all the time here in Houston. People merge without blinkers and without looking. I can't tell you how many times people merge into my lane when I'm going faster than them and I have to slam the brakes or swerve. Guess I roll up on them too quickly compared to what they're used to (I'm getting a dash cam). Some notice and swerve back into their lane, but it happens a lot.
So everyone in Houston drives a BMW then?

Joking aside, happened to me occasionally. Usually, it's from pickup truck drivers which I absolutely despise.

Quote:
Does anyone know if dealerships ever price match? Dealership just told me $1000 for the single rim, despite gmpartsdirect having it for $600, and that gmpartsguy for $20 more.

Whats with the huge price discrepancy?
When I bought a few accessories from the local GM dealer, they price matched the price I saw on a Canadian online genuine GM part dealer. Doesn't hurt to try.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote