Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2020, 09:15 PM   #29
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Saturday: changed oil
Wednesday: fresh gas plus Sta-bil, and hooked up to battery tender
Friday: road salt and 3" of snow

Just made it!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:22 PM   #30
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Just went out to the garage and i see this....lol!!! Somebody sending me a message i think.

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 07-28-2021 at 06:51 AM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:44 AM   #31
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Well it's about that time when some of us tuck the toys away unfortunately. All it takes for me is MoDot throwing down salt and that's that. Doesn't matter if it gets warmer a week later or not. My car will sit until late next spring so the rain washes that crap off the roads. We are flirting with freezing temps already and so I'm anticipating messy salty roads sooner than later. I would really like to get the car out one more time but it is pretty much prepped for storage other than pulling the battery out.

So who else is either done or about done driving their Camaro for the year?
Mine's a daily driver and I live in southern Nevada. Today's high was 81 degrees. I am happy. Grin...
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:38 AM   #32
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Yeah, pretty soon.

I just fill the tank, plug in a battery tender, and call it a season. Quality gas doesn't turn to lacquer in a few months, no need for stabil or the like. I change the oil at the beginning of the season. "Flat spots" on tires fix themselves after the tires warm up the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
nope i do nothing..just start if for a minute or two every 4 weeks...i think the valve springs sitting for long periods compressed cant be too good.

You do you, but cycling wears springs more then staying compressed inside of their elastic limit. I'd suggest multiple cold starts are also more wearing to your motor. Angels dancing on a pinhead, though, you're unlikely to have enough cumulative wear to make any difference in longevity of components regardless.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:03 AM   #33
DMan918

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible 6MT
Hmmm I am pretty sure I have a battery tender from when I had a bike. I’ll try to find it. Do you put mats or something under the wheels at least, so it’s not directly on the concrete. Looks like some do, some don’t.
DMan918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:12 AM   #34
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
i dont..i have a ceramic tiled garage floor..like to keep the garage just above 0c though.
not paying to keep it baking hot in there
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:13 AM   #35
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan918 View Post
Hmmm I am pretty sure I have a battery tender from when I had a bike. I’ll try to find it. Do you put mats or something under the wheels at least, so it’s not directly on the concrete. Looks like some do, some don’t.
Tires are inflated to 35 psi regularly. I’ll put in 38 when I store it, which is what they are running down the road, for the most part. Unless you’re going out and driving on a really cold day in spring, I’ve never felt a “flat spot”.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:09 AM   #36
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
BLU DUCE AKA=Spike III Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan918 View Post
Do you guys do anything else? Disconnect battery, other maintenance? Full bottle of stabil?

Thanks - first winter with a summer toy.
Mine is on its 10th winter. Never took the battery put on a trinkle charger. Fill the tank with 93 octane and 1 oz. of stay-bil good for 20 gallons. I have never started my camaro in the winter,and never will. I have a 1992 1500 silverado P/U one owner never driven in winter and I have been doing the same things to the truck and have never had a problem.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:20 AM   #37
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
I see that these are complete procedures before "hibernation" :-)

I just wash the Camaros carefully, wax it, vacuum it and put it under tarpaulin. And sometimes I recharge the batteries during the winter.

George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:16 PM   #38
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
This is about the only positive to living in the desert. Now the temps are prime for street cruising out here, you guys should move out to Arizona, haha!
L99 to LS3 conversion, Vararam ram air intake, BTR Nightfury cam, Johnson lifters, LS7 injectors, Circle D 3200 stall converter, Kooks LT headers, Custom X-pipe
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:33 PM   #39
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
This is about the only positive to living in the desert. Now the temps are prime for street cruising out here, you guys should move out to Arizona, haha!
I’m sure you’re ready for fall. PHX had a brutal summer!
Old 10-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #40
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
You also never have to worry about rust either lol. Same here in Florida. So I'm thankful for that. Speaking of FL, I got in my car to run to the store the other day and there was a freaking lizard (Brown Anole) sitting on my dashboard near the defrost vent just staring at me. I have no idea how that little bastard got in there, but it did.

I made sure to get it out safely though, as I didn't want my car to become a reptile graveyard. I assume you guys have little (and huge) lizards there too huh?
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:23 PM   #41
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Not until AZ get more of the stuff in this background. Until then, I’ll suffer through the few snowy months.
Attached Images

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #42
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
You also never have to worry about rust either lol. Same here in Florida. So I'm thankful for that. Speaking of FL, I got in my car to run to the store the other day and there was a freaking lizard (Brown Anole) sitting on my dashboard near the defrost vent just staring at me. I have no idea how that little bastard got in there, but it did.

I made sure to get it out safely though, as I didn't want my car to become a reptile graveyard. I assume you guys have little (and huge) lizards there too huh?
Man I laughed out loud at that one, we have them everywhere in NM. I can only imagine the the momentary wtf moment followed by how the hell do I get this thing out of here

Definitely no rust is the biggest Pro to living in the desert. It gets cold here in the winter as I’m 10 miles from the CO border but it’s still very dry.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote