Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-13-2020, 08:17 PM   #1
Lt1jose

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ss
I finally bought my first set of wheels!

As the title states, I bought my first set of wheels but I think I messed up. I decided to go with Aodhan Ls007 and they should be arriving tomorrow. I got them 10.5 squared with an offset of +35 and I’m planning on running 275/35/20 up front and 305/35/20 in the rear. I have a 16 2ss with mag ride, will I have clearance issues in the front? ( Ik the rear will rub on the harness and I plan on moving it as soon as the wheels get here) if anyone can help me out thank you!
Lt1jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:53 AM   #2
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
I always cringe when I see people buying wheels with no understanding of sizing or offset, not to mention tire sizes. Let's tackle the wheels first. A stock SS 1LE has 20x10 front with 20mm offset, and 20x11 rear with 43mm offset. You should be okay in the rear. Up front, you've got an extra 1/2" width and an extra 15mm offset. My guess is that you'll rub on the inside unless you run spacers. Lots of folks have successfully run 10.5" wheels up front, so I do some searching to see what overall net offset is working for them. Remember, spacer subtract from offset. So in your case, for example, a 15mm spacer would give you a net offset of 20mm. I don't know if that would be enough to clear everything on the inside or not. It probably would, but again, I recommend doing some more research here.

Now let's talk about tires. Why would you want such tall tires? That 275/35/20 you're planning to get is a full inch taller than a stock 1LE tire. Why not just use the stock 1LE size: 285/30/20? Same with the rear, only worse: the 305/35/20 is 1.2" taller than a stock 1LE-sized 305/30/20. Not only will it look and perform worse, you may get rubbing on the fender liners. You should either go with the stock 1LE sizes or with 305/30/20 on a square setup. The latter is the reason so many folks go with a 10.5" front wheel, so it can fit if you get the offsets right. Again, there is plenty of info here so just do some research.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
Lt1jose

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ss
Like 2 months ago I decided to order some firestone fire hawk indy500 tires. They came in factory sizes heard they were a good tire and bought them. Now I decided to pull the trigger on buying some wheels. My plan was to reuse the rear tires upfront considering they have less than 1000 miles on them. I checked tire rack and they don’t have 305/30 firestone fire hawk indy500s they only have em with a 35 nor do they have front 275/30. I want to have the same brand tires all around and save some money for now. I wanted a 10.5 wheel to be able to run wider tires upfront in the future. I did my research and hoped maybe I didn’t need any spacers but deep down knew I needed spacer with this setup I just didn’t know how big the spacers needs to be.
Lt1jose is offline   Reply With Quote