Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-24-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Rocker Switch for NPP Dual Mode Exhaust (turning on and off)

I test drove a 2SS today that had Dual Mode Exhaust and Magnetic Ride Control....You could cycle through all the options with the rocker switch between the seats.

I was wondering if you didn't get the Magnetic Ride Control....Is that switch still there....is that still how you would select the Dual Mode Exhaust ?

I have seen a YouTube video where they are changing the exhaust through the radio settings and wasn't sure if that rocker switch went away if you didn't get Magnetic Ride Control ?

Old 11-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Switch is still there as the drive modes are standard. If you get MRC it just adds that feature to the various modes...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #3
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Switch is still there as the drive modes are standard. If you get MRC it just adds that feature to the various modes...
That is terrific....I can't think of a better way to operate the exhaust note !

Thanks for the answer
Old 11-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
If you have the NPP, you CAN also turn it on/off via the infotainment screen. I have it on track mode for NPP (full open) even on tour mode. Without any options, you get to change the steering feel from tour/sport/track/ice-snow (soft to stiff) and with the MRC, you also get the select suspension settings as well, like soft to stiff.

All the options are tied to each driving mode if you want OR you can actually have TRACK (an example, you can have ANY) settings on steering/suspension/npp when the car is in "tour" mode.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
If you have the NPP, you CAN also turn it on/off via the infotainment screen. I have it on track mode for NPP (full open) even on tour mode. Without any options, you get to change the steering feel from tour/sport/track/ice-snow (soft to stiff) and with the MRC, you also get the select suspension settings as well, like soft to stiff.

All the options are tied to each driving mode if you want OR you can actually have TRACK (an example, you can have ANY) settings on steering/suspension/npp when the car is in "tour" mode.
I appreciate you chiming in here....I was really curious how all that worked !

I got to play with it for several minutes today, but not long enough to dig into everything like you have

What a car !
Old 11-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
I appreciate you chiming in here....I was really curious how all that worked !

I got to play with it for several minutes today, but not long enough to dig into everything like you have

What a car !
Np, I kid you not... I am still discovering crap. Granted I haven't spent HOURS checking EVERYTHING out yet, only about 2 hours tinkering. Way too busy lately but I found new stuff during night time looking around in the car and find some new things during day time lol. Like at night time, there is a small very faint light that shines down upon the shifter, which is pretty cool. No, it isn't "NEEDED" but there are a lot of niche things like that. I am still damn sure I will learn a lot of new stuff once people get their cars and start tinkering with em.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-25-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Np, I kid you not... I am still discovering crap. Granted I haven't spent HOURS checking EVERYTHING out yet, only about 2 hours tinkering. Way too busy lately but I found new stuff during night time looking around in the car and find some new things during day time lol. Like at night time, there is a small very faint light that shines down upon the shifter, which is pretty cool. No, it isn't "NEEDED" but there are a lot of niche things like that. I am still damn sure I will learn a lot of new stuff once people get their cars and start tinkering with em.
I can believe it, the people who say this car is too much like the 5th generation have't seen the 6th in person !

Even after looking at hundreds if not thousands of pictures of the 6th generation when I finally saw one a few days ago....they don't do it justice inside or out....there are so many new things !

I look forward to seeing that little light at night....I love little touches like that... makes it more special....I saw it on my test drive and stuck my hand up to it to see if it was lite in the day time (and it is)
Old 11-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #8
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
I can believe it, the people who say this car is too much like the 5th generation have't seen the 6th in person !

Even after looking at hundreds if not thousands of pictures of the 6th generation when I finally saw one a few days ago....they don't do it justice inside or out....there are so many new things !

I look forward to seeing that little light at night....I love little touches like that... makes it more special....I saw it on my test drive and stuck my hand up to it to see if it was lite in the day time (and it is)
It is absolutely NOTHING like the gen5... There is ONLY a visual resemblance which is what they were aiming for it... "When you look at the gen6, we wanted you to say CAMARO" is exactly what Tom Peters told me and I told him that they have accomplished it perfectly. I did not buy a gen5 camaro for many reasons but I didn't hesitate on pulling the trigger on the gen6. 12 mins into order banks opened up my order was in.
Build thread HERE!

Last edited by Tr6; 11-25-2015 at 09:05 PM.