#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #589
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
It looks like the 'top' grill, the smaller one, looks to be the same between the SS and ZL1. Without a better way to measure the grills, I am just judging the size by eye. For those that might want the "Flo Tie" from the ZL1 might be able to buy the upper grill from a ZL1 and swap it out. I'm not sure the Flo Tie will be available by itself.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #590
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
It looks like the 'top' grill, the smaller one, looks to be the same between the SS and ZL1. Without a better way to measure the grills, I am just judging the size by eye. For those that might want the "Flo Tie" from the ZL1 might be able to buy the upper grill from a ZL1 and swap it out. I'm not sure the Flo Tie will be available by itself.
It's going to be a sin to ruin that with a front license plate. Aaarghhhh
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #591
oakaro68

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
I know...I'm already dreading it
oakaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #592
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakaro68 View Post
I know...I'm already dreading it
I'm contemplating, no pun intended paying the fines. I'm not good at crying and I don't wear short skirts but I'd consider it if I thought I could persuade an officer to just give me a warning. Not sure how my wife would feel about that.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:13 PM   #593
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Nothing says that you cannot drill the tag full of holes to let air pass through and call it a "FlowTag"
Old 05-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #594
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Nothing says that you cannot drill the tag full of holes to let air pass through and call it a "FlowTag" !!
The smart thing would be to move to a state that doesn't require a front plate. I mean c'mon this is a ZL1.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #595
crabman

Drives: Sniffin the tree.
Quote:
I'm contemplating, no pun intended paying the fines. I'm not good at crying and I don't wear short skirts but I'd consider it if I thought I could persuade an officer to just give me a warning. Not sure how my wife would feel about that.
I hadn't run a front plate in years and was never pulled over. One fine day they did get me back when I had my first C6, it became a war of wills. I would wait until my ticket was due and pay it and use duct tape to stick a plate on the front and get the car signed off on. As soon as they signed off on it I would take it off right there in the parking lot before I left. Didn't take them long to figure that one out as it was a small town. Eventually they would pull me every single time they saw me even though they knew I had already been pulled and was sitting on a ticket which I had 5 weeks to respond to before they could take any further action. I think they figured I'd get tired of that and mount the plates. They were right and wrong. I did get tired of it and got a personalized plate. Those become effective immediately and they give you a small piece of paper as a temp you put in the back window that is good until your plates arrive. I changed to a different one several times until it turned up you can only have 5 personalized a year. At that point I got one of the many different state plates you can get that gives you the same small piece of paper while you wait for the plates. It took em a couple months before they pulled me over because they knew my temp must be expired. When I told them it was a new temp they went back behind the car and started talking about it. I was watching them in the rear view when I saw their mental lights come on. They were not amused and they argued with me for a while but they couldn't do anything about it and I never had a plate on the car again.

When I traded in for a C6Z I was pulled before my first plates even came in the mail it turned out just so he could ask me if I was going to put them on and I allowed as to how it was possible for a plate to maybe be put on the rear. He told me that would be good enough and I never had a problem after.

If I need to do the same thing again I will, you can hardly see the little paper plate and it bothers me a lot less than the idea of defacing art.
crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:08 PM   #596
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nothing says that you cannot drill the tag full of holes to let air pass through and call it a "FlowTag"
I have never been chased while in reverse. I believe the idea of a front plate is pointless. If I run you over I will kill you. There will not be any witnesses. Besides its a ZL1. Everyone will be behind me unless they are in a ZL1 too. Lol
Old 05-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #597
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I hadn't run a front plate in years and was never pulled over. One fine day they did get me back when I had my first C6, it became a war of wills. I would wait until my ticket was due and pay it and use duct tape to stick a plate on the front and get the car signed off on. As soon as they signed off on it I would take it off right there in the parking lot before I left. Didn't take them long to figure that one out as it was a small town. Eventually they would pull me every single time they saw me even though they knew I had already been pulled and was sitting on a ticket which I had 5 weeks to respond to before they could take any further action. I think they figured I'd get tired of that and mount the plates. They were right and wrong. I did get tired of it and got a personalized plate. Those become effective immediately and they give you a small piece of paper as a temp you put in the back window that is good until your plates arrive. I changed to a different one several times until it turned up you can only have 5 personalized a year. At that point I got one of the many different state plates you can get that gives you the same small piece of paper while you wait for the plates. It took em a couple months before they pulled me over because they knew my temp must be expired. When I told them it was a new temp they went back behind the car and started talking about it. I was watching them in the rear view when I saw their mental lights come on. They were not amused and they argued with me for a while but they couldn't do anything about it and I never had a plate on the car again.

When I traded in for a C6Z I was pulled before my first plates even came in the mail it turned out just so he could ask me if I was going to put them on and I allowed as to how it was possible for a plate to maybe be put on the rear. He told me that would be good enough and I never had a problem after.

If I need to do the same thing again I will, you can hardly see the little paper plate and it bothers me a lot less than the idea of defacing art.

Haha, dang you got that figured out to a T. I have always thought it was just plain stupid to have a law that requires a front plate.. Just don't see the point the cameras can just as easily get the back plate! I'm curious where the ZL1 will put the plate bracket... you can see the black piece on the SS where it mounts to not on the ZL1 though.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #598
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Question:

Can the ZL1 be programmed for a lower power output? I thought I read that somewhere but can't find it.

Thanks
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #599
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Question:

Can the ZL1 be programmed for a lower power output? I thought I read that somewhere but can't find it.

Thanks
Yes I believe it's the GT350R Option. He he!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:44 PM   #600
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Question:

Thanks
I would say yes, they had to detune the Z/28 for the Continental series.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:10 PM   #601
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Yes I believe it's the GT350R Option. He he!
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:30 AM   #602
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Why would you? I've never run either of my SS's with a front plate and I've never had a problem. If I did, I would just pony up the fine. Big deal. Gotta pay to play. Anyway, I don't even see a suitable place to put one on that thing.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote